General Camera/Photography Discussion

Who makes the camera that you shoot transit with?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes the camera that you shoot transit with?

I suggest Tinypic, I've been playing around with it this evening since I'm a bit tired of photobucket Myself. I like it better than photobucket so far, PB seems to take away from the photos IMO. Here are two examples..

The first photo is hosted on Photobucket....

DSCN1589.jpg

This photo was hosted on tinypic...

kdr98i.jpg

IMO Tinypic seems to keep the quality in the photo while for whatever reason photobucket takes away quality from the photo. Members, feel free to host a photo on the two photo hosting sites to compare. Sorry if I was gravedigging but I just wanted to suggest this site.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have five Photobuckets account.

I had My Photo Album account, but somehow my photos got deleted.

I also has Picass acount, Dropshot Photo account.

I also signed up for Picture trail Online Photo.

370611602.jpg

And Snapfish

http://www5.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=303810026/a=184309026_184309026/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Well, one day I had the patience to reorganize most of my photos, so I've regained my patience with Photobucket for the most part. Since I don't have all my photos on my computer (my 2008 photos are on a CD) I'm too lazy to upload every picture to somewhere else.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use imageshack. It hosts fine, but it has one major flaw.

In order to get code for images, perform actions on them, etc, they have to be selected. The instructions say to click on them and and an orange highlight should appear.

Well, I need to disable AdBlock and Ghostery to get that to work.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this kind of camera: http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=145&modelid=16347

I was wondering,which ISO and/Or settings should I use for underground subway pics? I always have my ISO on auto and my settings on Manual. Most of the time my underground pics come out blurry. and do you think I should leave those settings on for outdoor pics to? if its cloudy outside,my pics come out blurry. Any advice would help!

Have the ISO at 400 for the subway. I see you have an 800 option so you should try that as well. As for settings, don't use sports mode as that mode relies on good lighting conditions, from what I've heard. 800 is a bit much for outdoor cloudy pics. I generally use 200 for outdoor pictures, and either 200 or 400 if it's a cloudy day. Also, if your pics are coming out blurry then make sure they aren't unfocused and to keep your camera more still (unless you mean only the subject is blurred and not the entire picture).

Have the ISO at 400 for the subway. I see you have an 800 option so you should try that as well. As for settings, don't use sports mode as that mode relies on good lighting conditions, from what I've heard. 800 is a bit much for outdoor cloudy pics. I generally use 200 for outdoor pictures, and either 200 or 400 if it's a cloudy day. Also, if your pics are coming out blurry then make sure they aren't unfocused and to keep your camera more still (unless you mean only the subject is blurred and not the entire picture).

I use 200 and mine comes out well. 400 for me is a bit dark unless shutter speed is down with rapture..

You must be doing the wrong thing. The higher the ISO the more sensitive the camera will be to light.

well i keep the aperture at f/2.8 around and shutter speed at 1/13 , 1/15 or 1/10 and ISO at 200, so my pics come out well.. With no noise..

I dunno if all cameras are the same, my last cam i had ISO at 100 and it was working well too

For Subway btw!