Video shows subway rider allegedly breaking into moving train’s crew cab

LTA1992

That kid Ortiz seems to have been very quiet. Seems to be the only one so far with some minuscule form of sense. However microscopic it may be.

Ortiz got arrested about a month ago, caught in the act vandalizing a (7) cab. The news never picked up on that story but I would think that all of his "friends" would have known all about it.......

Surprised they haven't caught that Lance kid yet

Mark Ramirez is his real name. I don't give a crap anymore, whatever helps get these little shits arrested. Any of you who are friends with him, Ortiz, Dooley, Etho James, Darius, etc......you better back off because you'll be next.

Moderator Lance or another Lance?

Yeah, I spend my very limited free time by screwing around with the trains.  <_< It would do well to use some of those critical thinking skills before asking some questions.

I hope they catch all of these crazy idiots. They not only bring a bad name to the hobby, but what they're doing could seriously injure someone, if not worse.

New York City Subway is not a playground. These teens think it is so much fun to toss a metal object on the third rail, hanging on the back of a subway car, jumping from platform to platform, broke into the crew cab, etc. This is just outright ridiculous.

Is this a new phenomenon or has this behavior been going on for a long time? I don't remember seeing this behavior back in the day, and neither I nor any of my friends ever had the time to waste on dumb criminal activities like this. 

I've seen videos on youtube of people jumping from platform to platform it wasn't NYC though. It's probably not "new" behavior but maybe with everyone walking around with cellphone cameras it makes it easy to capture. And with Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/Vine/etc it makes it easy to upload for everyone to see.

Yeah, I spend my very limited free time by screwing around with the trains.  <_< It would do well to use some of those critical thinking skills before asking some questions.

I hope they catch all of these crazy idiots. They not only bring a bad name to the hobby, but what they're doing could seriously injure someone, if not worse.

We'll I'm sorry, I don't know if he's talking about you or someone else. Please forgive me.

Well. Another storm is coming. Lots of people going to be caught on this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0umu93qkvpI

LOL this subway surf shit needs to stop. I remember about a month or two ago, at Ditmars Blvd, an R68 (yes an R68) (N) train was slowly departed the terminal when some retard with like 3 or more big bags climbed over a chain or cord or whatever "links" two subway cars and surfed in the middle of the R68 train.

Since you can't use the doors that get you from one car to the next, it was dangerous going in and out of the middle of two R68s and other 75 fters.

ENOUGH of this stupid ghetto mentality. It's not "snitching" - it's "notifying the proper authorities of something unsafe."

We do not live in a world where teens are "harmless." A KID just got convicted of killing numerous people in Boston not all that long ago. No one has any idea WHY that kid or his friends are in cabs, sabotaging trains, or stealing and destroying things but it's the LAW and they should not be. These things go way beyond simple "rules violations".

This not snitching BS is why the ghetto continues to be infested with bad behavior and why decent adults who have worked their a***es off in life but just don't have the skills for a higher paying job, continue to be burdened by the constant harrassment, noise, and rude and disrespectful behavior of young people in the ghetto who glorify this pathetic hip hop lifestyle that is a s***stain on the underpants of modern day society.

By the time you're in high school, it's not "harmless fun" anymore, certainly not if people can get hurt, or people job security is called into question because of sabotage. Harmless fun is a little kid rollsign changing back in the days when you didn't need a key to do it. Not a grown ass teenager damaging the equipment to change them with scissors (potentially a weapon), the result of careful planning and plotting. Keys are put in place as a security measure, to ensure proper access. Circumventing that is not "harmless." It's no different than busting down a bank window just so you can smack buttons on an ATM and "not steal anything other than the pens with the bank logo on them".

Their behavior is far worse than even that. This is certainly is no more innocent than stealing a policeman's service weapon and pretending to point it at people without firing it, no cuter than going into a plane and messing around hitting buttons, leaving a metaphorical banana peel on a runway, and no more harmless than spraying people with a fire extinguisher (dry chemicals displace oxygen) for "the lolz".

This generation is truly pathetic if it does not understand that. This behavior needs to STOP, and it speaks volumes of this so-called community that is so eager to just fit in and be liked because many of the members lack basic social skills that they are willing to overlook this behavior just to fit in with this idiotic ghetto mentality of a few bad members that it is too timid and weak to stand up to. You are behaving like a bunch of little kids, and it's pathetic, because most of you are of age, or will be very soon. And you wonder why so many railfans grow up to wear diapers and suspenders, be unemployed, underemployed and still living at home well into their 50s, with nothing more than trains to carry them through the day. Grow up.

So you're OK with the foamers wasting the police's time with stupidity and snitching on people that didn't harm anyone? 

I'm not defending anyone here, not even someone harmlessly going into a cab or changing a sign. But it's harmless unless someone or something gets hurt, and simply taking a f**king selfie in the cab or changing a rollsign doesn't warrant an army of foamers pestering the NYPD to arrest someone who is probably both A. a kid and B. will have a hard time defending themselves and do not need to deal with the law over BS. This is like reporting your neighbors for weed, you're not doing anything but getting someone in trouble for a harmless violation and wasting the cops time when there's more serious sh*t to deal with. That's not to say people shouldn't give a damn if they actually try to seriously damage transit property or injure people like Keyshawn did or even these guys screwing with circuit breakers that could cause problems with equipment, but I'm sick of seeing these foamer armies tracking people down and reporting them whenever they see a cab selfie or sign changer.

Let's not downplay changing signs. Crews can and do get in trouble for that sort of thing. If it's between reporting an action ("pestering") and a crew getting punished, I'd go for reporting what happened. I still remember the "M via Sea Beach" incident from a few months back, which is a train I was on board. They broke into the cab and set a CI-Bound R46 (F) to read M via Sea Beach with a  (K) bullet at the rear. Nobody had any freaking clue where the train was going. It pulled into West 4th, where the (M) also stops, and the entire rush hour platform had no idea what train it was. The crew was yelled at for that incident, and that's something that totally should have been reported.

Now, is it true that the railfan community can be a little nuts about this? Yes. From yelling at 5 year-olds who play with rollsigns that still have knobs to the insane death threats some on Facebook brought up about these vandals, people go too far. But that doesn't mean that there shouldn't be a little anger, and a little drive to report things.

Cab selfies may not cause harm to anyone, but the cab is not a publicly accessible area and these asshats have no business being in them in the first place.

Sign changing confuses tourists or anyone who doesn't use the line on a regular basis. They could end up missing an important obligation because some ass couldn't find a way to entertain himself that doesn't involve f**king with transit property. Not to mention, as MHV said, the crew can get nailed for that.

trespassing, vandalism, theft of public property.

Let's just let them do whatever they want...

That's not how the world works. We have rules, you break them, you face the consequences of your actions.

This idea that "Snitching" is a bad thing needs to end, NOW.

If you mess with a sign and get someone in trouble, how the hell is that harmless?

Anyone remember that "R46 D train"? someone changed the sign and the TO got in trouble.

And let's not forget Neck Road...

So you're OK with the foamers wasting the police's time with stupidity and snitching on people that didn't harm anyone?

I'm not defending anyone here, not even someone harmlessly going into a cab or changing a sign. But it's harmless unless someone or something gets hurt, and simply taking a f**king selfie in the cab or changing a rollsign doesn't warrant an army of foamers pestering the NYPD to arrest someone who is probably both A. a kid and B. will have a hard time defending themselves and do not need to deal with the law over BS. This is like reporting your neighbors for weed, you're not doing anything but getting someone in trouble for a harmless violation and wasting the cops time when there's more serious sh*t to deal with. That's not to say people shouldn't give a damn if they actually try to seriously damage transit property or injure people like Keyshawn did or even these guys screwing with circuit breakers that could cause problems with equipment, but I'm sick of seeing these foamer armies tracking people down and reporting them whenever they see a cab selfie or sign changer.

Going into a cab and changing the sign is not "harmless" as you might think. When someone messes around with the sign, they are misleading the public, telling them that the train is on a certain route (or going somewhere) that it is not. In addition, when someone does this, they are putting the T/O and C/R at risk of being disciplined or losing their jobs when this is not their fault. How would you like it if you were at work and an MTA employee came in and messed up your workspace? I highly doubt you would like that. Even if you think that misleading people and putting people's jobs at risk is "Harmless", it is still trespassing, and you are in a place you are not supposed to be. I know that a MTA employee on the forums will probably say something along these lines after this, but these behaviours are not "harmless" at all!

These guys are breaking into R188 cabs and a new video surfaced showing the same vandals opening the doors and sneaking into parked trains. I'm surprised no one's dead yet. Looks like a new gang of subway riders have started. Also, I noticed two of these incidents happened on the (C) Line.

Rules are rules trespassing is against the law you don't work,down here you aren't allowed in these cabs... BTW you do know that Subway guy works down here right? I can't even believe you made a post like this yer friends with this losers or something?

Btw seems like Keyshawn is being charged as an adult so I guess the Cops don't find those acts " harmless"...

Mark Ramirez is his real name. I don't give a crap anymore, whatever helps get these little shits arrested. Any of you who are friends with him, Ortiz, Dooley, Etho James, Darius, etc......you better back off because you'll be next.

Ok thanks for clarifying that for me I am extremely pissed off about this whole situation as much as you are.

To me, snitching is when you tell on your buddies you did dirt with because you got caught, and don't want to face the consequences. Nowadays, it has evolved and gotten all out of whack. Now it's: don't report on something wrong that you had nothing to do with. This new definition is keeping criminals on the street; a sad hood mentality.

Archived