Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
The TransitMan

MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Calvin said:

It's inside the depot but visible in the walking street. 

Ah that's a shame.. oh well I was hoping for one last D60 photo but guess that ain't happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Backtrack list for now (in-service for now): 


4989, 4992, 4994, 4996, 5005, 5008, 5011, 5083, 5085, 5090, 5092, 5094, 5103, 5106-5108, 5120, 5123 (18 UP)

4948, 4954, 4958, 4964, 4995, 4997, 5030, 5038, 5042-5045, 5048-5049, 5052-5053, 5056, 5058-5059, 5125-5126, 5138-5139, 5142-5143, 5147, 5149, 5171-5174, 5179 (FB 32)

5158, 5213-5214, 5217-5219, 5221-5222, 5224-5227, 5234-5241, 5243-5244, 5247 (23 MJQ)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Calvin said:

4989, 4992, 4994, 4996, 5005, 5008, 5011, 5083, 5085, 5090, 5092, 5094, 5103, 5106-5108, 5120, 5123 (18 UP)

4992, 94, 5005, 5103 have been retired

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

4992, 94, 5005, 5103 have been retired

Looks like maybe one more week left for RTS at UP

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

4799 involved in a major fire/accident, back majorly damaged. Put on the scrap line at the moment.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain
Unsure of how the damage got there but it's oos for now
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

4799 involved in a major fire/accident, back majorly damaged. Put on the scrap line at the moment.

 Saw the pic, by discord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

4799 involved in a major fire/accident, back majorly damaged. Put on the scrap line at the moment.

Can I see a pic plz?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

SCRAP YARD. Yikes. 

Why though? Was something in there or was it Gun Hill being Gun Hill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Q23 via 108 said:

Why though? Was something in there or was it Gun Hill being Gun Hill.

I guess the latter part of your statement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

Are 7816-7818 dead? They haven't run in a while. 

 

7818 is dead (not scrapped, but hasn't ran in close to a month). 7816 is currently doing swing duty at southern and tremont (as usual), 7817 isn't out rn but it runs .

for what it's worth, they usually put an Orion on swing duty at southern and tremont so the number of orions tracking doesn't always equal the number of orions out.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

7818 is dead (not scrapped, but hasn't ran in close to a month). 7816 is currently doing swing duty at southern and tremont (as usual), 7817 isn't out rn but it runs .

for what it's worth, they usually put an Orion on swing duty at southern and tremont so the number of orions tracking doesn't always equal the number of orions out.

7816 did some runs Saturday and sunday but for today not really. 7818 ran on the 36 last last week and the other day I seen it up in Wfs. 7817 is still holding on and caught it last friday too and rode 7819 on the 36 which ofc 17 and 19 did runs on that route on that friday too. 7815 is still active too but I always see up at west farms as a swing. And not to mention 7818 isnt trackable you have to hunt it down the old fashion way that's what I did with my freind and we saw it as a swing up at west farms.

Edited by Ultimategamer12c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

5011, 5094, 5106 UP to scrap. Farebox removed: to be transfered to another bus.

Time is ticking at the Park.

Edited by Calvin
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this isn't the contrary, but will the MTA preserve the RTS with ZFs? I doubt it will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone explain the first page? Is it a list of all scrapped units or the remaining ones? What are the red ones? Why are there still old buses there?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, R68OnBroadway said:

Can someone explain the first page? Is it a list of all scrapped units or the remaining ones? What are the red ones? Why are there still old buses there?

All scrapped units, red recently added

 

The ones not listed are still in service in some way

Edited by MysteriousBtrain
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In other words, model bus: units from that model removed in passenger service. 

Gaps = still in-service or preserved 

Edited by Calvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Calvin said:

5011, 5094, 5106 UP to scrap. Farebox removed: to be transfered to another bus.

Time is ticking at the Park.

By Friday or Saturday. RTS wipeout at Ulmer Park 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Calvin said:

In other words, model bus: units from that model removed in passenger service. 

Gaps = still in-service or preserved 

There really needs to be a legend for the first page, it can be a bit confusing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

I know this isn't the contrary, but will the MTA preserve the RTS with ZFs? I doubt it will happen.

Probably not. They're aesthetically identical to the allisons in every way so there's no need to keep one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2019 at 11:48 AM, MysteriousBtrain said:

4799 involved in a major fire/accident, back majorly damaged. Put on the scrap line at the moment.

Burned bus backs and dragging a mattress over a suspension bridge. Seen it, covered it. Talk to us at Farmers. We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two!

  • LMAO! 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.