Bronx Redesign Draft Released

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Lex said:

To me, that seems more like an issue of color-blindness.

Which is exactly the problem...the map should be usable for actual people trying to find directions (who may not be familiar with the area at all), even if they are color-blind. It shouldn't be "Well, technically they are two different shades of green, so if you can't distinguish them, that's your problem"

On 5/4/2022 at 10:09 AM, N6 Limited said:

Will the MTA do Network redesigns more frequently? This redesign looks like minor tweaks. 

How do riders feel about the BX16? It seems isolated.

I recall some individual on here basically saying to hell with what the riders want with these redesigns. The (MTA) should barrel ahead and be "ambitious", even though the changes wouldn't impact them.  

27 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I recall some individual on here basically saying to hell with what the riders want with these redesigns. The (MTA) should barrel ahead and be "ambitious", even though the changes wouldn't impact them.  

If there's one change I would've kept, it's the straightened Bx28 between Bedford Park and Norwood, and if people insisted that Mosholu Parkway be covered, then the Bx38 would be extended to serve Lehman College. As for the express routes, well, I'd still prefer a Bronxwood Avenue express route to a White Plains Road express route, though Laconia Avenue would likely be even better for coverage. At the very least, I'd consider having an express route east of White Plains Road irrespective of the current BxM11. (As for the general frequencies that were proposed and subsequently withdrawn, well, it goes without saying that the alternatives to the express routes would need to be really good.)

2 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Which is exactly the problem...the map should be usable for actual people trying to find directions (who may not be familiar with the area at all), even if they are color-blind. It shouldn't be "Well, technically they are two different shades of green, so if you can't distinguish them, that's your problem"

Couldn't you say the same about the blues (and the purple, for that matter)?

28 minutes ago, Lex said:

My thoughts exactly. I just find it funny that people are "selective" when it comes to what the (MTA) should do to be more customer focused. If this wasn't impacting a certain individual, the person claiming that it should be changed wouldn't give a damn. 

30 minutes ago, Lex said:

If there's one change I would've kept, it's the straightened Bx28 between Bedford Park and Norwood, and if people insisted that Mosholu Parkway be covered, then the Bx38 would be extended to serve Lehman College. As for the express routes, well, I'd still prefer a Bronxwood Avenue express route to a White Plains Road express route, though Laconia Avenue would likely be even better for coverage. At the very least, I'd consider having an express route east of White Plains Road irrespective of the current BxM11. (As for the general frequencies that were proposed and subsequently withdrawn, well, it goes without saying that the alternatives to the express routes would need to be really good.)

I saw some of the people at the events I attended that were vehemently opposed to that Bx28 change and they were very vocal, so to be clear, it wasn't a question of if. They were clear in what they wanted, both in-person and through other forms of feedback. If the goal is to get more people on the buses, it would make sense to keep the routes the way people want them to the extent possible.

As for the BxM11, there were two issues with it running along Bronxwood and yes it looks great on paper because Bronxwood is not under the "El" and is wide, etc. People would have to schlepp uphill to reach Bronxwood, making it more difficult to access and second, where the route sees a sizable amount of ridership (right along the Westchester/Bronx border), they would lose seven day a week service and they are the furthest away from the subway and have the longest commutes being at the end of the line. These two things would make access more difficult and likely deter ridership. We reviewed all of the Bronx express bus lines with the senior planners and gave them the feedback that riders had with the proposed changes. They did not want to extend the BxM11 past where they had it running along Bronxwood and really couldn't given the street configuration.  Despite the issues with White Plains Rd, people prefer it because it allows better access west and east of White Plains Rd, not to mention that it is a commercial corridor. Bronxwood is almost all residential and can be more deserted at night. For women taking the express bus, this is another reason.

To be clear, they really had a plan that they wanted to implement, but the feedback was immense. They could not ignore what the riders wanted. Between people calling their elected officials in droves and even starting petitions (this was done for the BxM2 and BxM4 that I'm aware of) and providing feedback online, the riders were very clear about what they did not want. 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

1 hour ago, Lex said:

What they should've done in that area is give the Bx10 two branches in that area: One via Bainbridge/Valentine down to Fordham Road, and one via Gun Hill Road to terminate at White Plains Road. This would've maintained the direct access from Tracey Towers to the Fordham Plaza area, as well as maintained an easy connection for those heading to the East Bronx (It would've gotten them a straight shot as far as White Plains Road, and from that point, they can transfer to the Bx28/38 for points east). Additionally, it would've improved connectivity between Kingsbridge/Riverdale and the East Bronx (the similar reasoning to the Bx11 extension, which was to provide better connectivity between both sides of the Bronx River, and also help straighten out the Bx36/40/42).

Then they could've kept the Bx34 running down Webster Avenue, as in the original plan.

And yes, I do agree with running the BxM11 via Bronxwood Avenue, rather than White Plains Road. It is more balanced (WPR gets the subway and a more frequent local bus, while Bronxwood Avenue gets an express route and a less frequent local route)

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Color-blindness relating to the color green tends to be the more common form of color-blindness (actually, it's a bit more complicated than that, considering that oftentimes, people even mix the colors red and green), but yes, you could also make a similar case for the blue colors. 

My general point is that it shouldn't just be blindly dismissed, given that it is a relatively easy issue to correct. 

48 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I saw some of the people at the events I attended that were vehemently opposed to that Bx28 change and they were very vocal, so to be clear, it wasn't a question of if. They were clear in what they wanted, both in-person and through other forms of feedback. If the goal is to get more people on the buses, it would make sense to keep the routes the way people want them to the extent possible.

Because they wanted connections between two particular corridors and rather than think of another way to give the people those connections, they threw up their hands and left it the way it is.

On 5/6/2022 at 3:58 AM, I Run Trains said:

I think Switching The (Bx36) and the (Bx40)(Bx42) was a bad idea! Now the (Bx36) will get Jammed up along Tremont! Tremont Is a Headache. 180 flows a lot smoother..... Oh Well!

I agree, but mostly for a different reason....

With the new Bx11 covering the 174th portion (of the current Bx36), this would've been a prime opportunity to have the Bx36 run with the Q44 b/w [Boston/180th] & [Cross Bronx Service rd./White Plains rd (WPR)], with the Bx36 being left alone b/w Washington Heights & West Farms (2)(5)... Instead, they have this new Bx36 running along Tremont to WPR.... There isn't a real need to have the Bx36 running along WPR north of the Cross Bronx, all things considered...

On 5/29/2022 at 11:13 AM, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Does it really matter which route gets jammed up along Tremont?

Given that the Bx36 has to contend with Washington Bridge traffic to/from Washington Heights (and Washington Heights in & of itself), I would say that it absolutely matters....

You make it sound like the Bx36 & the Bx40/42 are somehow interchangeable for the vast majority of Bronx riders or something.....

20 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Personally, brown is a color I would avoid when depicting anything. It's just not all that appealing. 

If they changed the Q50 to light blue/cyan, they could have used lime for the Bx25. 

The M125 could have also been light blue, if they changed the M35 to purple (which wouldn't conflict with anything). 

There was no reason to change the Bx18's color. In fact, that brown meshes with the red & purple on University Avenue (and not in a good way). The lime provided a contrast there.

I get that they wanted to highlight/differentiate the new changes to the network & what not, but I would've stayed away from brown also (although I like how the Bx25/26 looks along Allerton).... Agreed with that brown clashing horribly over there around Macombs/University... FWIW, the West Bronx in general could use more red (and purple, for that matter)... There is too much blue (the skyblue & the regular blue) & orange in that region of the borough, south of High Bridge & south of Morrisania.... Conversely, there is too much red in the NE Bronx...

Speaking of the NE Bronx, for starters, I would change the Q50 to purple & the Bx24 to skyblue... You'd simply have to add a route marker at Dreiser loop for the Bx23 to separate it from the Q50... Part of the problem too is that there are too many separate layers in Co-op City... What I mean by that is, every route that serves Co-Op doesn't necessarily have to be a different color...

With the M125, yeah, that makes sense... All you'd then have to do is change the M104 to anything other than red... The Bx32 could be changed to purple, with the Bx21 being changed to red.....

9 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

If anything, a new color should be added to replace light green. I often lose track of light green on the bus map when it's next to an express routes (in dark green).

The light green isn't as conspicuous because the base map is too bright/white...

Something else about their use of the light green, is that they use it for all the Bee-Line routes... Those routes should be colored gray IMO....

I do have some proposals for the Bronx. Because it's too late for some changes, and that the MTA is testing the new route layout, I decided to lay my ideas anyway. I'm not sure if these ideas were discussed, but feel free to add opinions to this.

(1) Because the BX1 and BX2 share the majority of the alignment, I would propose renaming the BX2 into the BX1A. The BX1 would become full-time limited, while the BX1A would become full-time local.

(2) Because the BX4A goes to Westchester Square via Metropolitan Avenue, which has full crowding, I would suggest making the BX4 go via Metropolitan Avenue, replacing the BX4A. To fill-in for the BX4 via Westchester Avenue, I would propose the BX11 to extend to Westchester Square. Even though the BX11's final plan will go to Parkchester, I think it would help make better service for the BX4. This is because the original BX4 goes via the (6), and doesn't have any use after Parkchester. If the BX4 goes via Metropolitan, then it would have much better use. The BX11 would also be beneficial to go via Westchester. 

(3) The BX5's current runs only go to Bay Plaza on weekends, and some runs short-turn near White Plains Road. For this proposal, every other will extend to Bay Plaza full-time. This would provide relief for the BX12, and provide more frequent service to/from Bay Plaza.

(4) I'm not sure if some can agree, but the BX23 is unnecessary because of it's own routing. For this proposal, the BX23 would merge with the Q50. The Q50's redesign plan would only go to Bay Plaza during rush-hours. The proposal I have would make the Q50 go to Bay Plaza full-time. This would provide better services between Queens and LaGuardia Airport.

(5)The next proposal would be to merge the BX27 with the BX35. This would not only provide a one-seat ride from Soundview to Washington Heights, but the BX27 would use articulated buses.

(6)And lastly, the M125 isn't as bad as it is. However, to help provide better service, it should extend to Randall's Island, replacing the M35 routing. (The terminal will still be The Hub, but will provide better service to Randall's Island). The M35 is slow, ends at the East Side, and is unnecessary. My M125's proposed routing would be simple, but improve service to Randall's Island with fast and more frequent service, and for passengers to have better connections to/from the island.

Edited by RSMG106

7 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

(4) I'm not sure if some can agree, but the BX23 is unnecessary because of it's own routing. For this proposal, the BX23 would merge with the Q50. The Q50's redesign plan would only go to Bay Plaza during rush-hours. The proposal I have would make the Q50 go to Bay Plaza full-time. This would provide better services between Queens and LaGuardia Airport.

The Bx23 is the primary Co-op City circulator and shouldn't be subject to the vagaries of the Bronx-Whitestone Bridge and the Flushing CBD. The Q50 route north of Pelham Bay should have followed the BxM7 path. 

7 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

(6)And lastly, the M125 isn't as bad as it is. However, to help provide better service, it should extend to Randall's Island, replacing the M35 routing. (The terminal will still be The Hub, but will provide better service to Randall's Island). The M35 is slow, ends at the East Side, and is unnecessary. My M125's proposed routing would be simple, but improve service to Randall's Island with fast and more frequent service, and for passengers to have better connections to/from the island.

Does Randall's/Wards Island need more frequent service? And should all riders to/from The Hub be subjected to a grand detour through the Psychiatric Center and the men's shelter?

1 hour ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

The Bx23 is the primary Co-op City circulator and shouldn't be subject to the vagaries of the Bronx-Whitestone Bridge and the Flushing CBD. The Q50 route north of Pelham Bay should have followed the BxM7 path. 

Does Randall's/Wards Island need more frequent service? And should all riders to/from The Hub be subjected to a grand detour through the Psychiatric Center and the men's shelter?

Logical responses...

10 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

I do have some proposals for the Bronx. Because it's too late for some changes, and that the MTA is testing the new route layout, I decided to lay my ideas anyway. I'm not sure if these ideas were discussed, but feel free to add opinions to this.

(1)Because the BX1 and BX2 share the majority of the alignment, I would propose renaming the BX2 into the BX1A. The BX1 would become full-time limited, while the BX1A would become full-time local.

(2)Because the BX4A goes to Westchester Square via Metropolitan Avenue, which has full crowding, I would suggest making the BX4 go via Metropolitan Avenue, replacing the BX4A. To fill-in for the BX4 via Westchester Avenue, I would propose the BX11 to extend to Westchester Square. Even though the BX11's final plan will go to Parkchester, I think it would help make better service for the BX4. This is because the original BX4 goes via the (6), and doesn't have any use after Parkchester. If the BX4 goes via Metropolitan, then it would have much better use. The BX11 would also be beneficial to go via Westchester. 

(3) The BX5's current runs only go to Bay Plaza on weekends, and some runs short-turn near White Plains Road. For this proposal, every other will extend to Bay Plaza full-time. This would provide relief for the BX12, and provide more frequent service to/from Bay Plaza.

(5)The next proposal would be to merge the BX27 with the BX35. This would not only provide a one-seat ride from Soundview to Washington Heights, but the BX27 would use articulated buses.

Sorry, but why do you wanna make the Bx11 a little bit longer whereas Metro Ave riders don’t see a benefit from this if you replace the Bx4A, which alone Carries passengers from that area. 

I say no to the merger with the Bx27/35 routing. You’re taking away service on West Farms Rd north of 167th St, which has seen volume go up since they moved the Bx11 from Freeman St/Southern Blvd

and a large no to the M125’s Randall’s Island version. Why take a route and send it to Randall’s/Wards and then send it to the Bronx? Nobody wants to see the homeless shelter on their route. 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

11 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

(1) Because the BX1 and BX2 share the majority of the alignment, I would propose renaming the BX2 into the BX1A. The BX1 would become full-time limited, while the BX1A would become full-time local.

(2) Because the BX4A goes to Westchester Square via Metropolitan Avenue, which has full crowding, I would suggest making the BX4 go via Metropolitan Avenue, replacing the BX4A. To fill-in for the BX4 via Westchester Avenue, I would propose the BX11 to extend to Westchester Square. Even though the BX11's final plan will go to Parkchester, I think it would help make better service for the BX4. This is because the original BX4 goes via the (6), and doesn't have any use after Parkchester. If the BX4 goes via Metropolitan, then it would have much better use. The BX11 would also be beneficial to go via Westchester. 

Another person that clearly has no idea how these routes function within the areas they serve...

3 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Another person that clearly has no idea how these routes function within the areas they serve...

Those are suggestions. This is based on what a friend told me about. I can clearly see that these proposals suck. :angry: .

The only routes that may needed some changes would be the BX2 and BX5. The BX1 and BX2 share the majority of the route, and the BX2 would be renamed as the 1A for local service, while the BX1 would be limited. The BX5's extension to Bay Plaza for every other bus on weekdays can help relieve the BX12, and to provide more frequent service to Bay Plaza. 

As for the others, throw those proposals away, because my friend doesn't know much about the Bronx. I was disappointed by the feedback of the other routes needed proposal, but I can see now that these proposed changes to the routes will not be touched.

Edited by RSMG106
Better reasoning to the response

1 hour ago, RSMG106 said:

Those are suggestions. This is based on what a friend told me about. I can clearly see that these proposals suck. :angry: .

The only routes that may needed some changes would be the BX2 and BX5. The BX1 and BX2 share the majority of the route, and the BX2 would be renamed as the 1A for local service, while the BX1 would be limited. The BX5's extension to Bay Plaza for every other bus on weekdays can help relieve the BX12, and to provide more frequent service to Bay Plaza. 

As for the others, throw those proposals away, because my friend doesn't know much about the Bronx. I was disappointed by the feedback of the other routes needed proposal, but I can see now that these proposed changes to the routes will not be touched.

There's really no need to rename the Bx2 as the Bx1A.  I have used the Bx1 here and there (I admit that it has been some years though) and I don't find anything confusing about the current setup.  What they should focus on is the trips starting on-time.  From Riverdale, I would usually try to time the trips so that I can walk down the hill and get it 231st & Riverdale Av and they were either early or late, so if I was taking the subway or going to refill a Metrocard, I usually just walked to the subway anyway (231st & Broadway).

It's also an insanely long trip to reach the (4) train and if you are coming from the (4) train, the waits can be insanely long, as the route seems to be chronically delayed.  I have never used it past the Mosholu Parkway subway station, so I cannot comment on what delays the service, but it runs just as poorly as the (Bx7) and (Bx10) from what I have seen.  There were times when I called myself getting to or from quickly and I found that trips from Inwood or Hudson Heights took insanely long and I switched to making those trips by car.  10 minutes versus 40 minutes to an hour is just absurd.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

On 5/29/2022 at 9:44 AM, Mpn4179 said:

From the MTA website:

Here is the new Official Bronx Bus Map starting June 26

https://new.mta.info/document/11266

Note: The Bx18, Bx25, and M125 are in a new color.

I like how the made the M60 bridge portion as express, wish they'd do that for the Q44, Q50, and M98 too. But that was most likely a mistake by the people who made the map.

On 5/30/2022 at 10:53 PM, RSMG106 said:

My brother, you don’t ride Bronx routes, it’s okay. Imma tell you why these proposed routes don’t make sense.

1: While I am 50/50 about the (Bx1LTD) should be a full time limited, the renaming of the (Bx2) to the Bx1A would spark confusion.

2: You’re making the (Bx11) longer than what it has to be, and rerouting the (Bx4) would just be redundant.

3. Those (Bx5)s are relatively empty going to and leaving Bay Plaza. There’s a reason why it’s only a weekend thing, plus it makes less stops than the (Bx12SBS)

4: There’s a reason why the (Q50LTD) and (Bx23) got split. The (Q50LTD)‘s main objective is to serve those going to/from Flushing to the eastern part of the Bronx. The (Bx23)’s purpose is to serve those who are catching the (6) train.

5: I’ve came up with this idea before, but now, as more time comes past, it wouldn’t work with constant traffic jams, plus the (Bx27) is one of the most reliable buses in the Bronx, and the (Bx35) isn’t.

6: What would be the point? You’re adding 10-15 minutes to a bus line that’s really only supposed to be at max, 30 minutes. The (M35) isn’t used as much as you think. 

8 hours ago, NBTA said:

My brother, you don’t ride Bronx routes, it’s okay. Imma tell you why these proposed routes don’t make sense.

1: While I am 50/50 about the (Bx1LTD) should be a full time limited, the renaming of the (Bx2) to the Bx1A would spark confusion.

2: You’re making the (Bx11) longer than what it has to be, and rerouting the (Bx4) would just be redundant.

3. Those (Bx5)s are relatively empty going to and leaving Bay Plaza. There’s a reason why it’s only a weekend thing, plus it makes less stops than the (Bx12SBS)

4: There’s a reason why the (Q50LTD) and (Bx23) got split. The (Q50LTD)‘s main objective is to serve those going to/from Flushing to the eastern part of the Bronx. The (Bx23)’s purpose is to serve those who are catching the (6) train.

5: I’ve came up with this idea before, but now, as more time comes past, it wouldn’t work with constant traffic jams, plus the (Bx27) is one of the most reliable buses in the Bronx, and the (Bx35) isn’t.

6: What would be the point? You’re adding 10-15 minutes to a bus line that’s really only supposed to be at max, 30 minutes. The (M35) isn’t used as much as you think. 

Thanks for those points. Admittingly, I only ridden on the BXM3, BXM7, BX12 SBS, BX15, and the BX30 only once or twice since 2020. However, these proposals do indeed will not make any sense whatsoever. Via Garibaldi 8 did make a good point on having the BX1 running on time. This especially goes to some Bronx routes including the BXM3. I waited for the BXM3 to arrive at the starting time of 9:05AM. However, there wasn't a bus until 10 minutes later. By the time I made it to Getty Square, the time that the bus was supposed to arrive was at 10:17AM. I almost missed the bus returning back to Manhattan. I made it at 10:35AM, and I was lucky to catch the bus that was about to leave. Overall, you made some points on the proposed routes, and how some routes need to be on-time for better service (better or for worst).

Edited by RSMG106

On 5/30/2022 at 8:09 PM, B35 via Church said:

I get that they wanted to highlight/differentiate the new changes to the network & what not, but I would've stayed away from brown also (although I like how the Bx25/26 looks along Allerton).... Agreed with that brown clashing horribly over there around Macombs/University... FWIW, the West Bronx in general could use more red (and purple, for that matter)... There is too much blue (the skyblue & the regular blue) & orange in that region of the borough, south of High Bridge & south of Morrisania.... Conversely, there is too much red in the NE Bronx...

Speaking of the NE Bronx, for starters, I would change the Q50 to purple & the Bx24 to skyblue... You'd simply have to add a route marker at Dreiser loop for the Bx23 to separate it from the Q50... Part of the problem too is that there are too many separate layers in Co-op City... What I mean by that is, every route that serves Co-Op doesn't necessarily have to be a different color...

Yeah, regarding the amount light blue/sky blue in the West Bronx, what I would probably consider is changing the Bx35 to some other color, considering the route path meets up with the Bx27 (which is also the same color). A red of purple may work fine there. 

As far as Co-Op City goes, since the Q50 and Bx23s line types are styled differently, yeah that would work out. I guess even if they don't change it, it seems like that wouldn't be an issue further down the line (if what they're planning to do to the route in the Queens bus redesign holds). Agreed on how the other routes are depicted, given that most routes fit into some type of service pattern within Co-Op City. I presume they want to illustrate the number of bus routes/options from each section, but it looks too crowded there. The Bx30 would really

be the only route that wouldn't fit a particular service type/pattern (besides the BxM7, for obvious reasons).  

On 5/31/2022 at 1:29 PM, RSMG106 said:

Taking what you're saying here at face value, this is why you should actually use the buses for yourself. I mean you can't be surprised if you have no real knowledge of the routes in question and people respond in the way they do to your proposals. Numbers and lines on a map don't really tell you much of anything. Like you need to put that into context, and part of that is done by actually riding the buses and seeing for yourself how things work. 

8 hours ago, NBTA said:

He means replacing the Bx4A with the Bx4, although I question the notion that the Bx4A section is that busy ("full crowding") to begin with. But yeah, Bx11s to Westchester Square would drag out the route, it shouldn't be extended too far as it would be delayed with all the traffic to/from Washington Heights that it would have to endure. The new route to Parkchester would only be slightly longer IINM, since the route in Highbridge is streamlined, so it's not that big of a deal. Otherwise, I would avoid extending any of the routes going to/from Washington Heights. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

3 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Taking what you're saying here at face value, this is why you should actually use the buses for yourself. I mean you can't be surprised if you have no real knowledge of the routes in question and people respond in the way they do to your proposals. Numbers and lines on a map don't really tell you much of anything. Like you need to put that into context, and part of that is done by actually riding the buses and observing how things work. 

He means replacing the Bx4A with the Bx4, although I question the notion that the Bx4A section is that busy ("full crowding") to begin with. But yeah, Bx11s to Westchester Square would drag out the route, it shouldn't be extended too far as it would be delayed with all the traffic to/from Washington Heights that it would have to endure. The new route to Parkchester would only be slightly longer IINM, since the route in Highbridge is streamlined, so it's not that big of a deal. Otherwise, I would avoid extending any of the routes going to/from Washington Heights. 

I get it and I understand. See the previous post.

1 hour ago, RSMG106 said:

Thanks for those points. Admittingly, I only ridden on the BXM3, BXM7, BX12 SBS, BX15, and the BX30 only once or twice since 2020. However, these proposals do indeed will not make any sense whatsoever. Via Garibaldi 8 did make a good point on having the BX1 running on time. This especially goes to some Bronx routes including the BXM3. I waited for the BXM3 to arrive at the starting time of 9:05AM. However, there wasn't a bus until 10 minutes later. By the time I made it to Getty Square, the time that the bus was supposed to arrive was at 10:17AM. I almost missed the bus returning back to Manhattan. I made it at 10:35AM, and I was lucky to catch the bus that was about to leave. Overall, you made some points on the proposed routes, and how some routes need to be on-time for better service (better or for worst).

A bus starting around 10 minutes behind schedule isn't anything egregious, as the schedules are approximate, but my point was if there aren't traffic issues and buses are starting say 20 minutes late, that's a problem. It just seemed like with the Bx1, the bus operators start whenever they want (early, excessively late, etc.). For a time, the first stop was a mess because they had it moved and no one knew where to wait so drivers were bypassing completely or making a stop in one stop and then leaving. Even with dispatch, some of the Bronx lines just run poorly.

12 hours ago, NBTA said:

The bold is the only thing I disagree with. Bx5 dosent see much ridership partially bc MTA doesn't promote it and knows if they add weekday service that's gonna dip into $$. They rather just keep the sole route of the Bx12 SBS and cram everyone into that. Not to even mention how bad it might get later when the Bx29 starts it's cut.