MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, I wanted to catch that one, one of the few with the NYCT paint. 9905 was out on the 39 today at least, Queens Plaza was live whatwith some of the 5000s running for LGA out there too.

You gotta ride 9899 if you see it. It is the best ringing bus out of the 5.

9208 at Jamaica. Haven't seen that bus since 2009 on the M3, wonder if it's still a runner. Let's also welcome 180 back from the apparent dead, that's at BP.

I knew I wasn't seeing things. Glad to see that rocket in Jamaica. Last I rode it, it was on the Q32.

9865 had the BEST ringer of them all IMO. Too bad it got kicked to the curb early.

9208 at Jamaica. Haven't seen that bus since 2009 on the M3, wonder if it's still a runner. Let's also welcome 180 back from the apparent dead, that's at BP.

180? I wish they'd bring some back for LGA.

And 9889 has the most f'ed up ring.

9871 to Scrap. were down to 5

Make that or 7252 a museum bus... 9871 has to be in the best condition.

I heard from someone that one of the last 5 Orion V CNGs in service got a complete overhaul 2 years ago, which is why it's still around.

Oh, and 652 was on the Q25 two days ago. No LGA placecard either.

Edited by 4P3607

I heard from a supervisor for MTAB... JFK will lose more OGs for Artics

More routes I guess to get Artics

I don't know how true this is....

This is all speculation

LGA should be getting the artics now... don't get me wrong JFK needs them too but they got theirs already on the Q10 and I believe the Q6 is also slated to start running them soon. That Q70 won't sit well with the hybrids, and the Q53 desperately needs them.

LGA should be getting the artics now... don't get me wrong JFK needs them too but they got theirs already on the Q10 and I believe the Q6 is also slated to start running them soon. That Q70 won't sit well with the hybrids, and the Q53 desperately needs them.

After Woodhaven Blvd (M)(R) station, that bus gets crammed

The ONLY way LGA will get those artics is if the QM24/25 gets moved to CP along with the remaining MCIs so that they have enough space to accommodate them..

The only reason they haven't been seen on the Q6 is 165th Terminal... They still haven't figured where to place a new bus stop

Artics cant fit in 165th

I would think they would've started out on the Q60 before any route but that's just my IMO

The only reason they haven't been seen on the Q6 is 165th Terminal... They still haven't figured where to place a new bus stop

Artics cant fit in 165th

I would think they would've started out on the Q60 before any route but that's just my IMO

That's actually not true, they enter and back up fine out of 165. There are some videos online with the artics being tested at 165.

That's actually not true, they enter and back up fine out of 165. There are some videos online with the artics being tested at 165.

I have yet to see them testing in 165th Terminal... Nor have I seen YouTube footage of an Artic going in and out of 165th.... You could be right but I would love to see proof

I was told my info from higher ups in MTAB... Artics can run the on the Q6... It's pulling in and pulling out of 165th with its slanted pull in spots that leave terrible blind spots for the 60ft bus... It's not safe

They are trying to figure out where to a put a stop for them over there... My guess is it would probably be the corner of Merrick Blvd and Jamaica Ave... Nothing stops there