MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's good that these buses are leaving, they had no business being in the MTA in the first place. After being in the MTA after 3-4 years the engines are sounding horrible showing off their true age.

To this day, Westchester is laughing at the (MTA)

how so? I believed the MTA figured those buses were going to have 3yrs and they weren't that expensive to buy. I think all the buses they got cost way less than one hybrid bus. Lasting this long is kinda expected. If those buses were at mjq or depots that does much better work with their buses, I'm sure they could've lasted just a bit longer.

how so? I believed the MTA figured those buses were going to have 3yrs and they weren't that expensive to buy. I think all the buses they got cost way less than one hybrid bus. Lasting this long is kinda expected. If those buses were at mjq or depots that does much better work with their buses, I'm sure they could've lasted just a bit longer.

Oh please, like transit was gonna take 80+ O5's

I have a theory as to why Flatbush sent back a few 5800s to Quill.

Until the 41 & 46 become "artic-qualified", there's no reason to have 60+ LFSAs on deck at the depot. You surely don't need 60+ for the B44 alone. And with the A Shuttle service coming to an end in a few months (or even weeks), there's no reason to keep both set of artics.

I'm thinking this may be a temporary move at the moment.

I have a theory as to why Flatbush sent back a few 5800s to Quill.

Until the 41 & 46 become "artic-qualified", there's no reason to have 60+ LFSAs on deck at the depot. You surely don't need 60+ for the B44 alone. And with the A Shuttle service coming to an end in a few months (or even weeks), there's no reason to keep both set of artics.

I'm thinking this may be a temporary move at the moment.

do you know if and when SBS will come to the 44 will they wrap them or as mentioned in the random thoughts thread will they just put the "please pay before boarding" stickers?

also what do you know about those that went back to quill? will they go to convert the 34 and 34a to sbs?

do you know if and when SBS will come to the 44 will they wrap them or as mentioned in the random thoughts thread will they just put the "please pay before boarding" stickers?

also what do you know about those that went back to quill? will they go to convert the 34 and 34a to sbs?

The 5280-5305 should be used for the M34/M34A SBS...the other 58xx leaving FB will be for reg service.

Neither you, or I know that answer.. or anyone else for that matter.

Stop posting misinformation.

What i just said...was how it was suppose to be before the hurricane...so now since everything is getting.fixed back.up with the A..so now with the LFSAs...wasnt the newest batch of Quills LfSAs suppose to be for the SBS?

Makes sense about the reason those artics got sent back. I wonder if those same artics comes back or if FB gets brand new buses? (I'd hope for the later).

Those Ex-bees were fine when the (MTA) purchased them... The (MTA) ran them to the ground... Some are still running better than others though...

To answer your question GC, I'd much rather have the ex-bees than the ex-PBL RTS's...

exactly. I've been on a few ex bl buses on the q35 and they sounded and ran pretty well. As I said before, if quill got them, I'm pretty sure those buses would be in much better shape. IMO LGA never should've gotten them and that it should've been JFK and Bp from the start. (LGA is overloaded with buses and really need other depots to help take off the work load and take some lines). Edited by Grand Concourse

Well it's good that these buses are leaving, they had no business being in the MTA in the first place. After being in the MTA after 3-4 years the engines are sounding horrible showing off their true age.

The ex-Triboro and Green Bus Lines RTS's weren't in the best shape neither, so they pretty much have served their purpose...

..ironically many of the 1996 Novas LGA has were breaking down recently (a lot of them wouldn't start up at all)

Edited by -CT1660-

What i just said...was how it was suppose to be before the hurricane...so now since everything is getting.fixed back.up with the A..so now with the LFSAs...wasnt the newest batch of Quills LfSAs suppose to be for the SBS?

The thing is, the days before the hurricane has nothing to do with this year in particular. Updates can change without discussion on the site. Not all Information like this has to be announced publicly..... You know the famous motto: Just wait and see.

Edited by Metro CSW

The 5280-5305 should be used for the M34/M34A SBS...the other 58xx leaving FB will be for reg service.

Is it time for unwrapping the 2011 Orion7NG #3800 - #3827 at Micheal J. Quill Depot. Put it back for local service. #3800 - #3827 still running at M34/M34A select bus service. Example. linked between. If Mother Clara Hale Depot were to get those bus guess to early predict. 

5358 is now scrap...the farebox and radio have been removed it is sitting in the west yard at 126 Street Depot awaiting a move to ECH for stripping. (I shot 5355 in service today, but that bus only has about a week or 2 to go before it's retired or renumbered.)

5461 appears to be the replacement for 5358 at 126 Street; it was leapfrogging with 5355 today.

Edited by aemoreira81

Those Ex-bees were fine when the (MTA) purchased them... The (MTA) ran them to the ground... Some are still running better than others though...

To answer your question GC, I'd much rather have the ex-bees than the ex-PBL RTS's...

The ex-Bees are 17 and 18 years old, however. This is really where the MTA should have considered not scrapping the 8600s.

BTW, also add 9551 to the scrap line.