SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So while waiting 30 minutes for a (B) this passed along between two (D) 's.

js0s.jpg

30 minutes? Damn. I never knew trains would be that far behind during the peak hours. I'm surprised that R143 car was inbetween two (D) trains. So this is the probably the reason why the (B) was late, I guess. Normally its scheduled to come every 10 minutes on middays and evenings (6-8 minutes during rush hour in the reverse peak direction).

Edited by RollOverMyHead

So while waiting 30 minutes for a (B) this passed along between two (D) 's.

js0s.jpg

Good catch. +1.

I remember tvega also caught an OOS R143 consist on the Culver Viaduct heading N/B and posted it but in this case aparently in a move from CI Complex via Culver through the Christie St Cut in a reverse move to the BMT Eastern Div back to Carnarsie.

This is a first for me seeing OOS R143's in yard moves via the CPW, kinda suprised by this (Was it heading uptown or downtown, and was this @ 125th Street?) In this case I have to ask though: Does this mean that this set of R143's were slated for heavy maintainance work @ 207th Street Shops? Sort of unusual for 207th St shops to perform maintainance on NTT's.

Edited by realizm

This is a first for me seeing OOS R143's in yard moves via the CPW, kinda suprised by this (Was it heading uptown or downtown, and was this @ 125th Street?) In this case I have to ask though: Does this mean that this set of R143's were slated for heavy maintainance work @ 207th Street Shops? Sort of unusual for 207th St shops to perform maintainance on NTT's.

This was at West 4th so I can't guarantee that it came from CPW.  Heading downtown of course. Also to note, we got held up at the DeKalb junction for about 10-15 minutes as well.  While this was happening, also to note, there were no (Q) 's passing through or even any (N) 's.

Edited by peacemak3r

This was at West 4th so I can't guarantee that it came from CPW.  Heading downtown of course. Also to note, we got held up at the DeKalb junction for about 10-15 minutes as well.  While this was happening, also to note, there were no (Q) 's passing through or even any (N) 's.

OK I see, so then the R143 was most likely being moved to CI complex for repair, most likely.

Or doing a reverse into the Christie St Cut back to Carnarsie Yard or ENY if coming back from repairs @ CI complex.

Edit: I'm going to save the details for the chatroom. But to make a long story short I just saved 3 kids from who I suspected is a sexual predator posing as a cop on the (R) . Crazy.

The man was asking the kids to follow him claiming that they broke the law, I demanded he show his PO badge and he did not. No ID, nothing. I told the kids to run immediately and get off at the next stop and get a uniformed police officer. The man dissappeared.

Edited by realizm

And now I am told that I cannot report the incident as a crime because it was not committed (since I intervened and stopped him) as much as I was told this was definitely something leading up to the kids being adbucted or worse and I did the right thing. (He never touched the kids technically indicative of criminal harrassment again because I stopped that man from trying to pry on these kids before it was committed, legalistically) But that man was trying to get these kids to follow him to do the unthinkable, posing as a cop to do it, I knew it. I'm happy I intervened and got the kids to safety from this sexual predator. My god...

Kids be careful this halloween. Do not talk to strangers no matter what the said stranger says!

Edited by realizm

Random Notes - For those interested:

R36WF cars 9586-87 were out of the 207th Street Shop today, hooked up to the R42 French Connection pair (4572-73). Looks to have had lots of patch work on the Redbird pair; both cars were covered with sandy-colored patches around them. All stickers were also removed from the cars. So I assume that whatever repairs these two needed are now done and I would suppose they're up for repainting soon. I wonder if the other Mainline Redbirds at Concourse Yard will get this same treatment soon.

No scrappings seem to be taking place at this time still.

The Main lines at concourse yard are not getting repainted since they're work cars. The R36 pair is being preserved for the museum so they're getting fixed up and also getting a new paint job.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

They're no longer work cars they retired from that last year and they're museum cars as well

R26/28& WH R29s are apart of the museum fleet

Jesus Christ, these R32's cant hold on any longer if it's even possible.

Hope they leave ASAP, they served us well (very well).

I'm sure that they could hold out just a while longer, but no question they are worn out. Only time will tell if they crap out all together.

TAKE THE FLAMEBAIT GUYS!

Edited by Turbo19