SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on the line. On the A, trains relay at Euclid like the C and would have a random train run to clear the tracks outside. Which line did you see this on?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

I'm probably conflating last winter with one of the tropical storms from a couple of years ago... I swore there were lines running phantom service during one of the storms... I know the (4) was running ghost trains on Jerome during one of them.

Edited by paulrivera

I'm probably conflating last winter with one of the tropical storms from a couple of years ago... I swore there were lines running phantom service during one of the storms... I know the (4) was running ghost trains on Jerome during one of them.

That can happen, yes. Edit: they shut down the entire system for a snow storm back in early 2015 where they still ran train full route to help keep the rails clear and also be used by employees. But most of the time, especially when snow gets actually bad, they keep as many as possible underground and let the snow equipment do their thing. (Snowblowers, de-icers,etc)

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Edited by Far Rock Depot

Is the LIRR going to be suspended as well, or are they maintaining that service?

Unlike some MNRR branches, they're still running.....

--------------------

These are the 2 trains I normally would take in the morning btw:

from the LIRR twitter page:

* The 5:12AM train from Atlantic Terminal due Far Rockaway at 6:09AM is being delayed at Jamaica Station due to a late-arriving connection.

* The 5:11AM train from Penn due Ronkonkoma 6:37AM is bypassing Woodside to switch trouble & is 21 minutes late due to equipment trouble.
Edited by B35 via Church

I have used the 14th Street transfer several times and many people use it.

Me too. The problem is that it's just very long, like at Court Sq and at Times Sq-PABT.

----

Anyway, why is (F)(G) service from Jay St/Hoyt St,, respectively, to Church Av shut down during the storm? There are two elevated stations along the eight-stop stretch, and the (1) seems to be moving along just fine with the shut down at 125 St.