BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been over a month and people still don't know that the northbound M101/2/3 bus stop at 3rd Avenue and 14th Street moved to the south side of 14th. I still see people waiting at the old bus shelter waiting for the bus, and when one passes there, they try to flag it down, without realizing that the bus stop was moved. Signs were up on the shelter and on the bus stop pole stating that the stop was moved across the street but people are still waiting at the old bus stop for their bus. It's quite funny to see them get angry when the bus passes them even though they don't even look to see that there are posters telling them where to get the bus...

It's been over a month and people still don't know that the northbound M101/2/3 bus stop at 3rd Avenue and 14th Street moved to the south side of 14th. I still see people waiting at the old bus shelter waiting for the bus, and when one passes there, they try to flag it down, without realizing that the bus stop was moved. Signs were up on the shelter and on the bus stop pole stating that the stop was moved across the street but people are still waiting at the old bus stop for their bus. It's quite funny to see them get angry when the bus passes them even though they don't even look to see that there are posters telling them where to get the bus...

They've been moving that bus stop back and forth now for years, likely for the building under construction, but still. I've had to look as well when I've been down there.

True. I guess what I mean is that if they keep on making the Q70 "free", they should give it to PANYNJ.

This is coming from Cuomo though, and he has to do this because if he doesn't LaGuardia would be even more of a mess than what it is.  Because of the construction at the airport, this has made traffic around there a nightmare, and they don't want people walking from the expressway to the airport (as was the case recently).  It doesn't look good for NYC at all, and it deters people from using the airport at a time when they are trying to spruce it up to make it a destination, so given the amount of financial investments being made, this is a no-brainer.  The goal is to reduce congestion to and from LaGuardia.  The revenues that the city and state receives (via things such as tourism) will take care of the expense of running the service.  They want to increase the number of people visiting the city, which means more tax revenue for the city and the state.  With the billions that they get from tourism, they could pay for the Q70 several times over.  I think they're aiming to increase revenues to something like $70 billion from tourism.  That a good amount of money which eases the tax burden on New Yorkers and allows for the funding of other projects.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Does the mta have a measure to say if there is a mandate to run no fare service on the line will they be reimbursed?

The city has no control over fare policy. It's part of the reason why MTA existed in the first place, because BOT would rather have let the subway crumble than raise the fare to a rate that would cover maintenance.

Did anyone run into 5033-34 in Queens yet? I tried to hunt them, but didn't have luck. I'm curious as to if the WF decals were kept.

yes i rode 5034 on the q43 bus this afternoon, that bus still had WF sticker on it and inside the bus it has the bronx bus Map

Edited by Far rockaway