BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

33 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

“Parking brake is off. Parking brake is off. Parking brake is off. Parking brake is off. Parking brake is off. Parking brake is off.”

Apparently there are more safety systems on the newer buses than just “Caution, bus is turning.”

Speaking of that. What would happen to a bus if its traveling at 35mph and the BO pulls the parking brake while in motion? Besides harsh breaking would it damage the bus?

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

Brooklyn: Beginning in Q4, we will kick off the redesign of the Brooklyn Bus Network. As that time approaches, we will add information to this page so you can stay informed and updated about the process and how you can get involved.

Will the redesign actually start or is it just planning in Q4?

Here is when BusTrek was changed:

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://d2cp8qnlnrfxq4.cloudfront.net/modules/builds/auth/build650/runtime.ec2944dd8b20ec099bf3.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="https://d2cp8qnlnrfxq4.cloudfront.net/modules/builds/auth/build650/polyfills.f972c744980eb20c39c1.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="https://d2cp8qnlnrfxq4.cloudfront.net/modules/builds/auth/build650/main.70c4878ce87989b95c0b.js"></script>
<!--
    Built on: 2019/05/14 19:36:18
    Built by: Jenkins.Pipeline
    Built Number: build650
    Built Target: prod
    Git branch: master
    Git commit: 92c09f1f50a83359e2dd2c96afc2af92c73a230c
-->
</body>
</html>

2 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

Here is when BusTrek was changed:

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://d2cp8qnlnrfxq4.cloudfront.net/modules/builds/auth/build650/runtime.ec2944dd8b20ec099bf3.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="https://d2cp8qnlnrfxq4.cloudfront.net/modules/builds/auth/build650/polyfills.f972c744980eb20c39c1.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="https://d2cp8qnlnrfxq4.cloudfront.net/modules/builds/auth/build650/main.70c4878ce87989b95c0b.js"></script>
<!--
    Built on: 2019/05/14 19:36:18
    Built by: Jenkins.Pipeline
    Built Number: build650
    Built Target: prod
    Git branch: master
    Git commit: 92c09f1f50a83359e2dd2c96afc2af92c73a230c
-->
</body>
</html>

What is all of this??

16 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

What is all of this??

On Google Chrome you can inspect source. I have some of the links to the service management route guides and a few pages which you can't do anything with that I won't share. No hacking. This is publicly available if you look.

13 hours ago, Q23 via 108 said:

Speaking of that. What would happen to a bus if its traveling at 35mph and the BO pulls the parking brake while in motion? Besides harsh breaking would it damage the bus?

It'll definitely put some wear on the bus. If your service brakes fail, you're supposed to pull the parking brake. 

21 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Random thought of the morning: 4241 just finished doing a B44SBS+ run.  Damm, FB extremely short on artics. This whole XD60 order is a complete mess.

Almost all of the Brooklyn Division is hella short on buses. At this point, I don’t even know how they are making adequate rush hour service. I mean Fresh Pond’s making service with 201 buses when they really need 219, while Flatbush has 230 when they need around 250 buses? What the hell is going on here (unless that is something above your pay grade)?

11 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Almost all of the Brooklyn Division is hella short on buses. At this point, I don’t even know how they are making adequate rush hour service. I mean Fresh Pond’s making service with 201 buses when they really need 219, while Flatbush has 230 when they need around 250 buses? What the hell is going on here (unless that is something above your pay grade)?

Ha. I really don’t care for it at this point. The whole (MTA) is a complete mess at this point. Late orders and the Department of buses being a dysfunctional bunch. Add all of that it all equals disaster. 

Brooklyn division shuttles more people than any other borough and yet we lose buses to every other borough. They took those artics off the b44 sbs cause the M14 got more service additions for the L train project even though most riders are taking the M and J trains. What person who need to go to Brooklyn would take a Manhattan bus route to the j train when’s 14th has more subway options? 

The MTA didn’t even think this crap through at all. 

25 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

Brooklyn division shuttles more people than any other borough and yet we lose buses to every other borough. They took those artics off the b44 sbs cause the M14 got more service additions for the L train project even though most riders are taking the M and J trains. What person who need to go to Brooklyn would take a Manhattan bus route to the j train when’s 14th has more subway options? 

The MTA didn’t even think this crap through at all. 

This while M14SBS thing is out of proportion. There was no need in my honest opinion to have a 14SBS. All they had to do was add more service on the trains. Kept the shuttle buses only for nights, weekends and late rush hours 

1 hour ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Above Future ENY OP's pay grade huh?? Alright, chump...

Explain... and prove.... in detail.... with specificity, how you come to the benchmark & conclusion that FP "needs" exactly 219 buses & Flatbush "needs" around 250....

Go on, Mr. C.E.NO....

Clock's ticking.....

200.gif

Edited by B35 via Church

1 hour ago, JeremiahC99 said:

This is what happens when people complain about old buses (RTSs) and that they need to be retired ASAP even though they were due to retire in less than a year from now.