Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

 

 

While that was true....the information that was provided wasn't 100% accurate either.

The actual, bigger site that the dispatchers and such have access to is far more accurate than what was leaked on Google.

I am glad that it's gone though. The last thing we need are operators being scrutinized by potential passengers about why they are X-amounts of minutes late and such.

But, thanks to that tweet, whoever is responsible for that being leaked to Google of all places is going to get disciplined quite harshly(if it gets to that case).

This is one hell of an overreaction if I've ever seen one.

No shit the MTA should be held accountable for it, they were held accountable and were joked at ever since the day someone(Lil 57) posted the link on here many months back, which you've apparently missed while being away for quite a while.

But seeing as it was also being used as a tool to monitor metrics and how service actually is to potentially request for better service was a good thing, but, the fact that it got removed because of some buff that didn't know any better is also a bad thing, because now there's no other legitimate, accurate way to prove that service in the majority of the city is shite....so yes, the shamer also has to be held accountable.
 

Both sides, the MTA's Bustrek team, and the person who put it out on Twitter have to be held accountable. 

I'm especially annoyed because we have had two meetings now at 2 Broadway about metrics for express bus service, missing buses and on-time performance for the 50+ express bus lines and I was promised at the last meeting that they would be releasing a dashboard to show how they're performing.  BusTrek provided some good insight overall... As it stands now, at the last Transit Round Table that I was in with my Senator, we've been calling on the Comptroller's Office to perform another audit. So far they've just been reviewing our information but they haven't acted on it yet.  It's getting around the 4 year mark though so if they don't get it together they may be very well willing to do perform another one to see what changes they have made since the last audit. The (MTA) agreed to the following per the 2015 audit:

-Better align run times with more realistic arrival times

-Develop a metric system to track on-time performance (they had no such system prior to the 2015 audit, so basically it was ok if express buses showed up whenever)

The only thing they've done so far is push back the run times.

BusTrek did have some glitches. For example, if a bus was off-route it would pop up as being a "Non-Revenue" bus which wasn't true. It would also display inaccurate paddles at times depending on where a bus was.

 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

BusTrek did have some glitches. For example, if a bus was off-route it would pop up as being a "Non-Revenue" bus which wasn't true. It would also display inaccurate paddles at times depending on where a bus was.

Also, Not all ghost buses showed up on BusTrek. The new LFS buses on SI didn't show up on anything for like a week when they were first delivered. I also believe that the ghost buses were tracked by schedule, not real-time information.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lil 57 said:

Also, Not all ghost buses showed up on BusTrek. The new LFS buses on SI didn't show up on anything for like a week when they were first delivered. I also believe that the ghost buses were tracked by schedule, not real-time information.

That's true but some ghost buses generally showed up. There are some buses that simply weren't trackable, for one reason or another.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
23 hours ago, Elmhurst said:

Someone under the name Sylar Gray replied to that tweet and was mad at Kitty Kat for using BusTrek as evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point. Whatever the issue is Bustrek is no longer available to the public. No need for the back and forth plus screenshots. 

I was always taught this. If you don’t want stragglers in the mix you gotta protect home. Keep the noisy people out of the mix. This is how things get real messy in a New York minute. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

If you don’t want stragglers in the mix you gotta protect home. Keep the noisy people out of the mix. This is how things get real messy in a New York minute. 

I agree with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

Also, Not all ghost buses showed up on BusTrek. The new LFS buses on SI didn't show up on anything for like a week when they were first delivered. I also believe that the ghost buses were tracked by schedule, not real-time information.

Can't be a ghost bus if it don't have a GPS, lmao.

  • LMAO! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Parking brake is off. Parking brake is off. Parking brake is off. Parking brake is off. Parking brake is off. Parking brake is off.”

Apparently there are more safety systems on the newer buses than just “Caution, bus is turning.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

“Parking brake is off. Parking brake is off. Parking brake is off. Parking brake is off. Parking brake is off. Parking brake is off.”

Apparently there are more safety systems on the newer buses than just “Caution, bus is turning.”

Speaking of that. What would happen to a bus if its traveling at 35mph and the BO pulls the parking brake while in motion? Besides harsh breaking would it damage the bus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brooklyn: Beginning in Q4, we will kick off the redesign of the Brooklyn Bus Network. As that time approaches, we will add information to this page so you can stay informed and updated about the process and how you can get involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

Brooklyn: Beginning in Q4, we will kick off the redesign of the Brooklyn Bus Network. As that time approaches, we will add information to this page so you can stay informed and updated about the process and how you can get involved.

Will the redesign actually start or is it just planning in Q4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is when BusTrek was changed:

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://d2cp8qnlnrfxq4.cloudfront.net/modules/builds/auth/build650/runtime.ec2944dd8b20ec099bf3.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="https://d2cp8qnlnrfxq4.cloudfront.net/modules/builds/auth/build650/polyfills.f972c744980eb20c39c1.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="https://d2cp8qnlnrfxq4.cloudfront.net/modules/builds/auth/build650/main.70c4878ce87989b95c0b.js"></script>
<!--
    Built on: 2019/05/14 19:36:18
    Built by: Jenkins.Pipeline
    Built Number: build650
    Built Target: prod
    Git branch: master
    Git commit: 92c09f1f50a83359e2dd2c96afc2af92c73a230c
-->
</body>
</html>

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

Here is when BusTrek was changed:

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://d2cp8qnlnrfxq4.cloudfront.net/modules/builds/auth/build650/runtime.ec2944dd8b20ec099bf3.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="https://d2cp8qnlnrfxq4.cloudfront.net/modules/builds/auth/build650/polyfills.f972c744980eb20c39c1.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="https://d2cp8qnlnrfxq4.cloudfront.net/modules/builds/auth/build650/main.70c4878ce87989b95c0b.js"></script>
<!--
    Built on: 2019/05/14 19:36:18
    Built by: Jenkins.Pipeline
    Built Number: build650
    Built Target: prod
    Git branch: master
    Git commit: 92c09f1f50a83359e2dd2c96afc2af92c73a230c
-->
</body>
</html>

What is all of this??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

What is all of this??

Think it's some kind of code that was changed to lock BusTrek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulrivera said:

“Parking brake is off. Parking brake is off. Parking brake is off. Parking brake is off. Parking brake is off. Parking brake is off.”

Apparently there are more safety systems on the newer buses than just “Caution, bus is turning.”

Trying to prevent anymore buses from rolling down the streets. They learned the hard way.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

What is all of this??

 

On Google Chrome you can inspect source. I have some of the links to the service management route guides and a few pages which you can't do anything with that I won't share. No hacking. This is publicly available if you look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It it weird that I find it funny that the (MTA) calls the POTUS visit a "local event" on it's website for listed bus detours?

Edited by Lil 57

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

It it weird that I find it funny that the (MTA) calls the POTUS visit a "local event" on it's website for listed bus detours?

It affects us locally, so it's a local event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

It affects us locally, so it's a local event.

You will think that they would call it something more grand since the POTUS is coming but I guess local event is fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

You will think that they would call it something more grand since the POTUS is coming but I guess local event is fine.

Grand? For him?

  • LMAO! 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lex said:

Grand? For him?

Oops, not so Grand now.

  • LMAO! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Q23 via 108 said:

Speaking of that. What would happen to a bus if its traveling at 35mph and the BO pulls the parking brake while in motion? Besides harsh breaking would it damage the bus?

It'll definitely put some wear on the bus. If your service brakes fail, you're supposed to pull the parking brake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SevenEleven said:

It'll definitely put some wear on the bus. If your service brakes fail, you're supposed to pull the parking brake. 

Shouldn't the need to do that be reported to dispatch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.