BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6033, 6035, 6037, 6039 are all on the Q44-SBS right now. I'm guessing those artics are pretty much fair game for Q44 SBS service regardless of wrap. The SBS artics I'm guessing have a low spare factor and need a break.

Edited by danielhg121

9 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

6033, 6035, 6037, 6039 are all on the Q44-SBS right now. I'm guessing those artics are pretty much fair game for Q44 SBS service regardless of wrap. The SBS artics I'm guessing have a low spare factor and need a break.

Any 60ft bus is fair game on any 60ft line for CS SBS unit pop up on the Q12 regularly and I've seen white and blue's on the Q44's too usually when school lets out.

19 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

Their usual batch, 5987-6029 have been worn out from all the traveling done between the Bronx Zoo and Jamaica. Compared to other SBS routes, the longest one with the heavy miles. Most of the time, whenever school opens back in September every pick, they'll tend to keep a unit that was given as a loan for that cause for spare service. 

Edited by Calvin

With this new redesign thus far (despite/aside from whatever's on paper, as far as scheduling goes), one thing I can definitely say is that Bx11's are arriving like wildfire.... The Bx35, not so much (anymore).... As far as crowding between the two routes go, now there's more of a balance, I'd say (compared to crushloading not being nearly as apparent as that of on the Bx11, pre-redesign).... IDRC for ending a bus (Bx35 now) over there by that school (Jennings/West Farms), but it is what it is.... I just walked over to the Bx19 & took that to Riverbank Park for the M11 & basically called it a day....

Edited by B35 via Church

I regret switching to later hours at JFK Airport. No B15 showed up for atleast over an hr (this is around the 2-3 am timeframe). I ended up waiting for the B47 and surprise surprise that was also a no show. I knew there were missing buses, but I didn't expect it to be that bad. Ended up taking a lyft home. 

On 7/1/2022 at 6:08 PM, trainfan22 said:

What is with these 40FT Novas having crappy A/C? Rode two of them today, one of them a brand new 8800 that still had the new bus smell, had weak A/C. Transfered to an 2014/2015 Nova and that bus had weak A/C as well.

They got it right with the Cuomo scheme Nova artics which have good A/C, it's just the 40FT Novas (all batches) where the A/C is weak.

New Flyer certainly got Nova beat in the A/C department. 

Well, I rode #5987 back from Jamaica last month (when it was like 92 Degrees outside), and the AC was weak, and that's a New Flyer.

10 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

It was on a QV school piece. 

Oh wow never knew QV had a late morning school trip on the Q31 especially during the summer. 

8 hours ago, Transit Enthusiast said:

Well, I rode #5987 back from Jamaica last month (when it was like 92 Degrees outside), and the AC was weak, and that's a New Flyer.

I’m not surprised tbh. That’s the very first bus of the order and it’s definitely been beat doing trips on the Q44 for the past 6 years. Those buses barely get a break.

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

What's the difference between the Bx25 and Bx26? One goes via Co-op Loop and the other does not?

Bx25 goes through Dreiser loop through Co-op City to Bay Plaza, while the Bx26 goes through Asch Loop on Bartow Av to Earheart Lane. 

Edited by Calvin

23 hours ago, Calvin said:

Bx25 goes through Dreiser loop through Co-op City to Bay Plaza, while the Bx26 goes through Asch Loop on Bartow Av to Earheart Lane. 

Unless I remember incorrectly, wasn't it the Bx25 that goes through Asch Loop and the Bx26 that goes via Co-Op City back in 2010?

On 7/15/2022 at 11:58 AM, Lawrence St said:

What's the difference between the Bx25 and Bx26? One goes via Co-op Loop and the other does not?

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:
3 hours ago, Lex said:
3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Unless I remember incorrectly, wasn't it the Bx25 that goes through Asch Loop and the Bx26 that goes via Co-Op City back in 2010?

So you noticed the effective flip...

That why I was asking...

I couldn't care less about the nomenclature flip (as Lex puts it).... The problem I have with the two routes now is how they operate within the network; they're now complements of each other.... The Bx25/26 setup now is the Allerton version of that Bx28/38 crap.... Even if I were to concur with the Bx28 split, the west-of-Co-Op City patronage does not exist along Allerton, etc. like it does for along Gun Hill, etc.... Even if you ignored the fact that the Bx28 covers more territory than the Bx26 does west of the (2), the Bx28 is still more popular/utilized east of the (2)- and that was with the prior rendition of the Bx30 taking riders from it b/w Co-op & WPR.... IIRC, the Bx28 (before they broke it up into the Bx28/38) garnered around double the usage of the Bx26 before the recent splitting of service....

7 hours ago, YankeesPwnMets said:

Here's an interesting tidbit... I took the BM3 last week and I noticed on my EasyPay statement that my card was only charged $2.75. Guess the operator set up the farebox incorrectly.

More than likely, the OMNY reader was programmed incorrectly.