BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the funniest thing today... I was on the BxM1. At around 86th and 3rd, I see a Latina with a nice behind, so I'm checking her out from behind since she has on this short tight skirt and is putting it on display. She's walking with this tall guy. Dark skinned Latino with long hair. She was light skinned. Then out of nowhere, he turns her where her @ss is facing me, they hug and as she's hugging him, he goes and cups and spanks her @ss! He's looking around when he's doing it. I said to myself this chick must really like what he's serving. :lol:

I saw the funniest thing today... I was on the BxM1. At around 86th and 3rd, I see a Latina with a nice behind, so I'm checking her out from behind since she has on this short tight skirt and is putting it on display. She's walking with this tall guy. Dark skinned Latino with long hair. She was light skinned. Then out of nowhere, he turns her where her @ss is facing me, they hug and as she's hugging him, he goes and cups and spanks her @ss! He's looking around when he's doing it. I said to myself this chick must really like what he's serving. :lol:

LOL. I see that a lot

Damn Via, it's none of your business, LOL.

Leave the exhibitionists in peace.

Have you never been to the Heights? Lol...

I think that's more of a personal thing rather than something to share here man. Please keep things on topic and not about what couples do please. I think that is kind of rude from you part.

Back on topic though, I've been noticing more SBS wrapped NGs on Yukon routes.

And another thing I've been noticing is the borrowing of Charleston buses for use on Yukon lines on weekends. I guess they don't want to run express buses on local routes anymore.

maybe I should've taken the LIRR after all last night.... still have a ticket from Amityville with zone 1 unpunched (Amityville-Atlantic Terminal, but the day I bought it, I got off at Jamaica.... meaning I can still use it to travel b/w Jamaica & Atlantic terminal)....

I say this because I didn't feel like walking from 165th st terminal to LIRR Jamaica, so I just trekked on over to the Q24 terminal & took it to where I can xfer over to the B12 instead..... What a mistake that was (on both fronts; the Q24 & the B12)....

--------------

- With the Q24, three buses went OOS - when I got to its terminal, there were 2 buses on layover.... after a 5 min. wait or so, the front-most Q24 went OOS.... about 2-3 mins. after that, a Q24 pulled into the terminal.... about 10 mins. after that, another Q24 dropped off pax, and directly went OOS.... This left 2 buses at the terminal - the first Q24 that pulled into the terminal & the bus that was already on layover behind the first Q24 that went OOS.....

the bus I eventually got on was that 2nd bus that was originally on layover by time I got there.... the first bus that I saw pull in to the terminal went OOS at the same time the Q24 I got on, went in service.... Ridiculous.

(oh, and as usual, the Q24 was a slow crawl on atlantic... but to its defense, there were parties/clubs that had double parked cars all over the place, impeding its progress)

So by time the Q24 I was on, made the turn off archer to head back west, there was nothing waiting over there.

----------

- As for the B12, I don't know what, but something had to be up when there was well over 70-75 ppl. waiting at the B12 terminal last night.... When I got off the Q24, all you saw was a crowd.... about 5 mins after I get to the stop, a bus pulls up to the "island" where buses pick up at, but not directly at the bus stop itself.... another 5 mins after that, a bus pulls out of the depot to pick up the majority of the crowd that was waiting..... I wasn't gonna attempt to get on that shit, so I waited for the next bus - which was that first bus that stopped short of the pickup area.... We left with another 20-25 ppl. or so....

By time I got off at my stop (well 1 stop before my stop, since construction is still ongoing at albany/clarkson), count em - there were god damn THREE OTHER B12's set to making the turn off albany onto clarkson.....

I bet by time those buses reached Parkside, all four of those buses arrived in unison !

Edited by B35 via Church

I think that's more of a personal thing rather than something to share here man. Please keep things on topic and not about what couples do please. I think that is kind of rude from you part.

It was just a story. He was on the BUS and it was a random thought. Relax...

Anyway

I was riding the Q35 from Flatbush Junction to Rock Park yesterday and i never realized the amount of people that get on just to go to Riis Park. I was on 9163 and literally the bus was crushed to the white line. I know 1011 made an appearance on the Q35 couple months back, but they should consider putting at least 1-2 artics on that line to carry the load. 

Edited by tvega961

maybe I should've taken the LIRR after all last night.... still have a ticket from Amityville with zone 1 unpunched (Amityville-Atlantic Terminal, but the day I bought it, I got off at Jamaica.... meaning I can still use it to travel b/w Jamaica & Atlantic terminal)....

I say this because I didn't feel like walking from 165th st terminal to LIRR Jamaica, so I just trekked on over to the Q24 terminal & took it to where I can xfer over to the B12 instead..... What a mistake that was (on both fronts; the Q24 & the B12)....

--------------

- With the Q24, three buses went OOS - when I got to its terminal, there were 2 buses on layover.... after a 5 min. wait or so, the front-most Q24 went OOS.... about 2-3 mins. after that, a Q24 pulled into the terminal.... about 10 mins. after that, another Q24 dropped off pax, and directly went OOS.... This left 2 buses at the terminal - the first Q24 that pulled into the terminal & the bus that was already on layover behind the first Q24 that went OOS.....

the bus I eventually got on was that 2nd bus that was originally on layover by time I got there.... the first bus that I saw pull in to the terminal went OOS at the same time the Q24 I got on, went in service.... Ridiculous.

(oh, and as usual, the Q24 was a slow crawl on atlantic... but to its defense, there were parties/clubs that had double parked cars all over the place, impeding its progress)

So by time the Q24 I was on, made the turn off archer to head back west, there was nothing waiting over there.

----------

- As for the B12, I don't know what, but something had to be up when there was well over 70-75 ppl. waiting at the B12 terminal last night.... When I got off the Q24, all you saw was a crowd.... about 5 mins after I get to the stop, a bus pulls up to the "island" where buses pick up at, but not directly at the bus stop itself.... another 5 mins after that, a bus pulls out of the depot to pick up the majority of the crowd that was waiting..... I wasn't gonna attempt to get on that shit, so I waited for the next bus - which was that first bus that stopped short of the pickup area.... We left with another 20-25 ppl. or so....

By time I got off at my stop (well 1 stop before my stop, since construction is still ongoing at albany/clarkson), count em - there were god damn THREE OTHER B12's set to making the turn off albany onto clarkson.....

I bet by time those buses reached Parkside, all four of those buses arrived in unison !

I've personally gotten fed up of the Q24, it saddens me to say that the Q41 has better on-time upkeep than the Q24. My final straw was broken a few days ago at Woodhaven and Atlantic.....took me 20 minutes to wait for THREE buses to show up. I should've just taken any of the Woodhaven buses to the J, ugh.

I've personally gotten fed up of the Q24, it saddens me to say that the Q41 has better on-time upkeep than the Q24. My final straw was broken a few days ago at Woodhaven and Atlantic.....took me 20 minutes to wait for THREE buses to show up. I should've just taken any of the Woodhaven buses to the J, ugh.

So someone else feels the same way I do about that route [Q24].....

(old post of mine about the Q24, back in 2008 - just refer to part 'D' - which coincidentally enough, also references the (J))

Anyway, I got a question for ya..... Was the route anymore timely when buses ended full time at B'way junction, or was it still the SOS (same ole shit) with the Q24 in that regard, regardless of where it ended on that end ?

So someone else feels the same way I do about that route [Q24].....

(old post of mine about the Q24, back in 2008 - just refer to part 'D' - which coincidentally enough, also references the (J))

Anyway, I got a question for ya..... Was the route anymore timely when buses ended full time at B'way junction, or was it still the SOS (same ole shit) with the Q24 in that regard, regardless of where it ended on that end ?

Honestly, the route itself was much more better when it ended at the Junction full time, buses were at most, 5-10 minutes late which was okay for me and they rarely bunched. Once this new extension came through, buses were bunching left and right and they are constantly late with some missing buses here and there. It's unbelievable. Buses from Jamaica are the absolute worst during the Rush Hours because there's 2-3 buses coming through at the same time, 1 being packed to the brim, 1 bypassing that same bus and the last one just following the packed bus.

While ridership has gotten a pretty significant increase, the timeliness went down the drain.

Though, for the life of me, I can't remember it's old terminal pre-2010....

Edited by Cait Sith

Honestly, the route itself was much more better when it ended at the Junction full time, buses were at most, 5-10 minutes late which was okay for me and they rarely bunched. Once this new extension came through, buses were bunching left and right and they are constantly late with some missing buses here and there. It's unbelievable. Buses from Jamaica are the absolute worst during the Rush Hours because there's 2-3 buses coming through at the same time, 1 being packed to the brim, 1 bypassing that same bus and the last one just following the packed bus.

While ridership has gotten a pretty significant increase, the timeliness went down the drain.

The same place its at now on Patchen/Lafayette Av

Long day today, went out to Bay Ridge Rode the B64 for the first time today at 12:30 from Ulmer Park Depot (4896) after going to Spumoni Gardens (Via B4 408). Question, what is ridership normally like for the B64, b/c the one I was on was stuffed to the windows. After spending time in Bay Ridge and taking some great photos, I took 434 back to Sheepshead Bay on the B4, that bus felt like the arctic tundra lol. Later that day I took 5124 on the B1 (that bus is powerful) to 4988 on the B82 which was a nice and fast ride where we almost hit a 2 people on bikes after swerving around a clueless pedestrian, I ended the day on 4608 on the B49 and saw the sun set on Emmons Ave. But someone lemme know what B64 ridership is usually like, thank you.

The missing buses thing was a problem w/ the pre-2010 Q24's (which also ended where they currently do now).... Strange thing was, buses never really bunched back then (like you say they do now) - They just came few & far between, and when they did come, they were as slow as mo-damn-lasses....

All of which are reasons I was in favor for the Q24 truncation to B'way Junction... I still don't know why they reverted it back to patchen; that addt'l mileage could've been better utilized on some other route..... JMO anyway.

I was one of two passengers on the 4:10 Q67 out of Queens Plaza. I will speak more about it later...

Today?

That's not surprising at all.... How many people did you expect on a Q67 on a mid-afternoon on a sunday.... lol....

I'm more surprised that you weren't the only passenger on the bus.

Today?

That's not surprising at all.... How many people did you expect on a Q67 on a mid-afternoon on a sunday.... lol....

I'm more surprised that you weren't the only passenger on the bus.

Yes Today

The thing is, the Q67 gets it's mass loads (9 riders per bus, lmao) during the 9 AM- 11 AM time (to QBP)  and the 1-3 PM time frame (Maspeth and Middle Village Bound). Theres 10 riders per bus on every bus through that interval (3 for each) so thats 54 passengers of 

150 (appoximate) Sunday Riders, which one of them is a UPS Driver. If I calculate everything correctly, 150-54 is 96, divided by 23 trips is 4.17391304 Sunday Riders per bus outside the Q67's with the highest ridership, in which my bus saw 3 riders (I wonder how the 10:00 PM trip to QBP does and 11:10 PM trip to Ridgewood does). Note this is the first time I've taken a Q67 that late (the 3:00 PM to Queens Plaza and the 4:10 PM to Ridgewood, normally I do the 11:00 or 12:00 trip to QBP, and the 12:10 PM or 1:10 PM trip back (sometimes even the 2:10 PM trip, but they get their loads). 

In other words, I was expecting 4 or 5, but not 3. 

(Strangely, the bus to QBP got 7 riders, I was expecting 4 or 5, so I guess that evens it out)

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal