BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

The funny thing is that the 25/34/65 are the only routes along with the Archer Avenue Q60 that terminate at the spots they say they do on the signs. Don't know much about the Q6.Though I have a question. When did they change the routing on the Q60 for it to go via Jamaica Avenue? Sent from my Motorola Moto G.

The Q60 was rerouted on Jamaica Ave in 2010.

Edited by NewFlyer 230

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buses replace LIRR between Hicksville and Ronkonkoma from 12:01am Sat through 5am Sun, March 15 and 16. MTA Bus will be providing 139 buses. Any idea what type of buses these will be, and from what depots?

Simultaneously, buses replace westbound service at Queens Village and Hollis stations Friday night into Monday morning. 18 (MTA) buses needed. These will probably be transits and not coaches since it's a very short route.

Note: A bus here is a bus-shift, not necessarily a different physical bus.

What transit agencies in the US still runs Orion I's?

not really a transit agency but CitySights NY has a converted Orion 1.508 among their fleet. Not sure if it's the only Orion 1 or if they have more than one. Their fleet are mainly Gillig Phantom conversions and 1 or 2 Orion 5's, and some oddball units (all are conversions to double decks)

not really a transit agency but CitySights NY has a converted Orion 1.508 among their fleet. Not sure if it's the only Orion 1 or if they have more than one. Their fleet are mainly Gillig Phantom conversions and 1 or 2 Orion 5's, and some oddball units (all are conversions to double decks)

I haven't seen that bus in ages... 870 was the number I think. 857-858 were 6v92 Orion Vs, but I haven't seen those either. Maybe they'll come out for the summer, but otherwise they're all dead. 

Edited by MHV9218

Oh 99' D60HF all the way

It's crazy because I used to love seeing those buses whenever I went to the city as a kid. One day in 2008, I was chaparoning a trip for after-school & I took the kids on one on the M23 when we was in the city.

But now I feel like they're just there. LFSA's done jacked they spotlight lol. Those shits is FAST!

I wanna take an XD60 too. MAYBE I'll do a trip on the Bx12 again. It's been a while.

Edited by E For Erica

The funny thing is that the 25/34/65 are the only routes along with the Archer Avenue Q60 that terminate at the spots they say they do on the signs. Don't know much about the Q6. Though I have a question. When did they change the routing on the Q60 for it to go via Jamaica Avenue? Sent from my Motorola Moto G.

The Q6 says Archer Av via Sutphin. 

So I was at Fulton Mall earlier waiting for the bus & this Orion VII shows up on the B26 with all the signs blank & all you heard was "What the f**k wrong the bus sign?"

Nice going Fresh Pond.

You're welcome lol

Edited by Fresh Pond

True. That was just a pun.

What's the issue behind buses running with all the signs blank on occasion anyway?

There is a different department that handles the repairs on the destination signs (CES). they are dispatched as they are needed and are not based on any depot property. Destination sign is a big problem, but it will not keep the bus from rolling out the door (as long as a pen, paper and tape are available.)

You're welcome lol

LMAO I knew ya ass was gonna comment.

There is a different department that handles the repairs on the destination signs (CES). they are dispatched as they are needed and are not based on any depot property. Destination sign is a big problem, but it will not keep the bus from rolling out the door (as long as a pen, paper and tape are available.)

That's the thing. There's usually a card in the window indicating what bus it is if the signs aren't on. But there wasn't anything. I had to tell people it was the B26 because it entered Fulton Mall from Jay St. Then when the bus pulled up, it played this announcement that said "B26". So I guess there's that.

The rumor mill is buzzing again...ever since that story came out in the post about 126th depot being closed down, more and more people have been talking about us. The latest rumor (I really heard this last year) is that OA will give up 100st (Tuskegee) to 126th, in order to be able to take the brand new MCH...