BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

1) Seriously, you have to say that about every comment I make??? Can't you just let things be??? Did I offer any comment on how I felt about it? No I didn't, so STFU.

I'm going to ignore that... Let's leave it there and not take any further.

2) When did I mentioned that? And I've mentioned before that I don't like it when somebody just walks on with an attitude, or they get on and they start playing with their phones (and don't give me any crap of I never said it before because I have). If somebody is in true need of a ride, then I don't see what the big deal is. (Alright, you happy now? Now I commented)

That's a shocker... <_< Now if you only you ponied up for all of the deadbeats who truly need a ride...

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I think about it, why doesn't the MTA like having the manufacturer's badge on the buses?

Iv'e never seen a bus that was purchased and still had a badge on it, except for school buses, and very very few of the O6's up here. (Might even only be one lol)

The kneeling sound of 4405 is really loud, I was able to hear it from about a block and a half away and still sounded louder than as if I were standing next to any other bus

That'll probably change soon, they're really muffling the buses now. Every overhauled O7 and overhauled RTS has a literally silent kneel with just a tiny beeping noise. Used to be I could hear an RTS from a good three blocks away during the night.

Now that I think about it, why doesn't the MTA like having the manufacturer's badge on the buses?

I always wondered the same thing especially since when the PBL's were around you could clearly see the "GMC" and "Orion" emblems on their buses. It's probably cheaper for them to order buses without the emblem's. I'm guessing it's the same thing regarding the steering wheels...like how the new nova's and the latest batch of O7 NG's have that 2 spoke wheel opposed to the 3 spoke wheel design.

That'll probably change soon, they're really muffling the buses now. Every overhauled O7 and overhauled RTS has a literally silent kneel with just a tiny beeping noise. Used to be I could hear an RTS from a good three blocks away during the night.

It's sad to see those mufflers on the O7 CNG's the fact that they were so loud was the reason why they were my favorite variant of the O7.

Edited by youngblaze

Speaking of kneeling, I'm guessing that these buses are built to have constant kneeling because on the Riverdale express buses, some B/Os kneel at every stop, which means that one bus could kneel hundreds of times a day. I have to say they're getting better because before those RTSs.... Have a wheelchair or had to kneel and they'd break down. :lol:

That's a shocker... <_< Now if you only you ponied up for all of the deadbeats who truly need a ride...

Yes, because I carry a few million dollars worth of MetroCards around just in case some people need a free ride. :rolleyes:

Look, when I get older and have to pay taxes and pay the full fare every day, then yes, I wouldn't mind paying a little bit extra if it means some people in need get a free ride.

Iv'e never seen a bus that was purchased and still had a badge on it, except for school buses, and very very few of the O6's up here. (Might even only be one lol)

I've seen badges on school buses before. The Orion VI had badges? I didn't know that.

I always wondered the same thing especially since when the PBL's were around you could clearly see the "GMC" and "Orion" emblems on their buses. It's probably cheaper for them to order buses without the emblem's. I'm guessing it's the same thing regarding the steering wheels...like how the new nova's and the latest batch of O7 NG's have that 2 spoke wheel opposed to the 3 spoke wheel design.

The PBL's is what started to make me wonder. I clearly remember that Command and JBL had that GMC badge on their RTS's.Then I wondered why the MTA didn't have badges on their buses. I personally like the badges on buses. Which PBL had the Orion badge? Was it Triboro? I don't remember too well. Maybe ENY knows the answer about the MTA and badges.

I've seen badges on school buses before. The Orion VI had badges? I didn't know that.

Yep, 6352 had an Orion badge. That was bus was ex-NJT though. As far as I know, the MTA has never ordered buses with badges on them, not since the order the PA paid for with the GMC RTSes. The buses that do have badges were paid for by the DOT, and those buses were specced according to PBL operators who often kept the badges.

Yep, 6352 had an Orion badge. That was bus was ex-NJT though. As far as I know, the MTA has never ordered buses with badges on them, not since the order the PA paid for with the GMC RTSes. The buses that do have badges were paid for by the DOT, and those buses were specced according to PBL operators who often kept the badges.

You're right about 6352. Just saw a photo of it. That bus was Ex-NJT 4002. Thanks for the number bro. I've never seen a MTA bus with a badge on it that was originally bought by the MTA. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but, when the MTA inherited those Ex PBL buses, I believe they kept the badges on those buses right?

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

Yes, because I carry a few million dollars worth of MetroCards around just in case some people need a free ride.

I wish people stop coming on the bus with a million metrocards wasting everyone's time.....

You rarely, if ever see a regular person at the metrocard readers at the train station swiping all them dam MC's to see what, or how much is on em.... Only people you really see doing that, are homeless.... The regular (riders), oh no, they wait to wanna pull that BS upon entering the bus.....

just got off the B46 a few mins. ago, where a guy dipped in at least 10 metrocards before the b/o just waved him on.... I knew I should have just walked from eastern pkwy.... Most likely would have done so if one weren't already sittin there.....

The PBL's is what started to make me wonder. I clearly remember that Command and JBL had that GMC badge on their RTS's.Then I wondered why the MTA didn't have badges on their buses. I personally like the badges on buses. Which PBL had the Orion badge? Was it Triboro? I don't remember too well. Maybe ENY knows the answer about the MTA and badges.

For sure GL, not sure about QSC and TBC. NYBS's fishbowls had the GM badge. Edited by Grand Concourse

For sure GL, not sure about QSC and TBC. NYBS's fishbowls had the GM badge.

Yeah I forgot about Green Lines having the badges. Also about NYBS's fishbowls. Liberty Lines Express didn't have badges on their MCI classics but I know they had "MCI" painted on the front of the bus.