BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly,the LFS/LFSA need more poles in the rear section and more stop request buttons as well. I was on the B44 SBS and it's hard to stand back there. Also, the only thing the last three rows have to make a stop request is the pull cord along the window. Kinda inaccessible and uncomfortable to stand. I hope something can be done about that, I mean is it that hard to add a few more poles and stop buttons?

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

Oh, those must be the Bx10's that are on their last trips and just take a right on Broadway (give or take a block) and go to the depot.

Yep... They can be pretty frequent too.  I sometimes see two back-to-back when waiting for the express bus at night for a trip to the city. One going to 231and Broadway, followed by the regular Norwood bus.

lol... How did you find out?

After having came from Niketown, I walked over to the first stop.... Got on, dozed off for a couple, & woke up when we were on the highway.... Said to myself, so I got about another 20 (before I get off) - that's how I gauge it.... When I saw that he bypassed the exit, I went on the laptop & checked the schedule.... Sure enough, we went straight to Brooklyn......

My exact words was, "this is really getting out of hand".... Hence, that last post.

that straight stripe on the front looks stupid...

Hmm.... now that you mention it, the bus does look a little different in the front. The front stripe and the window wipers seem to be in a different place/way than 8090. I wonder why....

Or maybe it's just me because the way I don't really see the exterior lights. Oh well. I guess I'll wait until delivery to find out.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

After having came from Niketown, I walked over to the first stop.... Got on, dozed off for a couple, & woke up when we were on the highway.... Said to myself, so I got about another 20 (before I get off) - that's how I gauge it.... When I saw that he bypassed the exit, I went on the laptop & checked the schedule.... Sure enough, we went straight to Brooklyn......

My exact words was, "this is really getting out of hand".... Hence, that last post.

lol... Well it's happening because no one is complaining.  With all of the part-timers on those routes, it's no wonder things are a mess.  I need the BM3 tomorrow but I will not be getting it Downtown.  Midtown for sure... For what it's worth, even that isn't a safe bet.  I'm not sure where I'll get on because I sometimes have had to go down to 2nd and 23rd to get on because if they're on detour they'll bypass a ton of stops coming down Lex and then turn on 23rd.

...and yet another non-super express BM skips lower manhattan this evening.

This has long gotten out of hand with spring creek.

WAIT!?! WHAT???

This is really crazy, and right after rush hour too.

There will be complaints. All this part time stuff at (SC) is totally unnecessary.

They (SC) need to get right and transfer the union over to Local 100.

If you can't have drivers follow the route correctly. Take them off the road.

WAIT!?! WHAT???

This is really crazy, and right after rush hour too.

There will be complaints. All this part time stuff at (SC) is totally unnecessary.

They (SC) need to get right and transfer the union over to Local 100.

If you can't have drivers follow the route correctly. Take them off the road.

It's been going on for a while.  I've been burned once on a Saturday with a guy that did that on the BM3, hence why I rarely wait Downtown for them anymore.

Lol Lower Manhattan is dead after PM rush so that's probably why they think they can get away with outright skipping it..

Also could have been a rookie driver who was too lazy to call command while he was on 23rd to make sure... I had a rookie driver on the BM Before who wasn't sure if his run did Lower Manhattan or went straight to BK after 23rd so he called command to make sure, his run was a straight to BK run and that was that.

Lol Lower Manhattan is dead after PM rush so that's probably why they think they can get away with outright skipping it..

Also could have been a rookie driver who was too lazy to call command while he was on 23rd to make sure... I had a rookie driver on the BM Before who wasn't sure if his run did Lower Manhattan or went straight to BK after 23rd so he called command to make sure, his run was a straight to BK run and that was that.

That also, but it's still unacceptable and is yet another reason why ridership continues to decrease.  I've been on a few buses that have done this in the past and sometimes it's rookies who don't know any better, but I still fault them for not doing their job properly.  I mean if you're new, go out and learn the damn route.  I had one guy that I know tell me that happened to him out in Queens (went the wrong way because he didn't know the area) and the bus only ran once an hour, so that means a bunch of people are stuck waiting almost two hours for a bus.  It's even worse if it's the last bus.  Ridiculous.  He goes, well let em get the next one, as if it's just eh okay to wait another hour for the next bus.  Easy to say when you're the driver on a nice air controlled bus.

A few years ago, I was waiting at the first stop to get the BM3 back to the city.  I see the bus let out at the last stop and then it turned and went in another direction. I didn't think anything of it, but that was my bus back to the city that bypassed a ton of stops.  I just said screw it and waited for the next one.  Still better than taking the subway back to the city.

It's funny because I was having this conversation last night with a few Riverdale riders that I normally get on with and we were talking about B/Os who play games.  One lady thought I had missed my bus, but I told her that me and another regular both got an earlier bus.  Apparently the guy came early, which I believe.  New guy too...  I'm sure they are told all of this in training, but they do it anyway to see if they can get away with it, and then when they receive complaints they wonder why.  They don't use common sense.  

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

So this idiot B/O on the Q10 today threatened me saying that recording a video of a bus is illegal and that if he ever saw me again, he would take my camera and format it completely , and again, all I did was take a video of his bus... f**king idiot...

There are unfortunately many drivers like that, and yes, it is completely legal to record a bus. 

If I could encounter the last driver that had a nasty look on me when I was taking pictures of a bus, I'd just laugh it off and ignore him because it's not like there are 1,000 versions of him coming after me.

If I had an unprofessional bus driver, who would I contact about that? I was on the Q43 today and my driver and some other driver on the Q3 kept stopping at lights, opening the doors, and yelling at each other, and both buses even remained stationary at a green light pulling this shit.

So this idiot B/O on the Q10 today threatened me saying that recording a video of a bus is illegal and that if he ever saw me again, he would take my camera and format it completely , and again, all I did was take a video of his bus... f**king idiot...

if you were able to remember the time it happened and the bus # and on what day it happened... it can take you along ways 

There are unfortunately many drivers like that, and yes, it is completely legal to record a bus. 

If I could encounter the last driver that had a nasty look on me when I was taking pictures of a bus, I'd just laugh it off and ignore him because it's not like there are 1,000 versions of him coming after me.

Yeah ik it's legal, I even told him and he scoffed smfh...

if you were able to remember the time it happened and the bus # and on what day it happened... it can take you along ways 

Oh, ho, yes. Yes i definitely do... I know the time, bus #, intersection, and day (it was yesterday)... Wdym take me along ways?...

If I had an unprofessional bus driver, who would I contact about that? I was on the Q43 today and my driver and some other driver on the Q3 kept stopping at lights, opening the doors, and yelling at each other, and both buses even remained stationary at a green light pulling this shit.

lol... All of your inside knowledge of the (MTA) and you don't know how to file a complaint? All you have to do is note the Bus#, date, time, route and what happened and you're good to go.  Go to mta.info, FAQ, and there is a place there to file a complaint.

lol... All of your inside knowledge of the (MTA) and you don't know how to file a complaint? All you have to do is note the Bus#, date, time, route and what happened and you're good to go.  Go to mta.info, FAQ, and there is a place there to file a complaint.

I can't say I've had much to complain about specific drivers as opposed to more general complaints that the MTA is certainly not going to help me with.

I can't say I've had much to complain about specific drivers as opposed to more general complaints that the MTA is certainly not going to help me with.

I'm pretty sure I've filed at least 100 complaints.  MIA buses, buses coming early, rude drivers, reckless drivers, drivers bypassing stops or portions of the route, drivers purposely messing around so that they can't be tracked on BusTime.  It becomes annoying after a while but quite frankly if you don't file a complaint these guys will just continue.  Some very immature, unprofessional types, mainly young guys from the street that have no home training and poor education.  What's interesting is that I have NEVER encountered a rude LIRR or MNRR employee on the trains... I wonder why... Sarcasm...

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8