BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

I'm pretty sure I've filed at least 100 complaints.  MIA buses, buses coming early, rude drivers, reckless drivers, drivers bypassing stops or portions of the route, drivers purposely messing around so that they can't be tracked on BusTime.  It becomes annoying after a while but quite frankly if you don't file a complaint these guys will just continue.  Some very immature, unprofessional types, mainly young guys from the street that have no home training and poor education.  What's interesting is that I have NEVER encountered a rude LIRR or MNRR employee on the trains... I wonder why... Sarcasm...

An old timer once told me "You have bus drivers, then you have people who just drive a bus"

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An old timer once told me "You have bus drivers, then you have people who just drive a bus"

Indeed. I was just on bus #3307 (Southbound BM3 bus). Guy is so busy talking to some idiot up front who probably didn't even pay that he almost bypassed me. I had to hail him down. To top it off the damn bus had no AC on it and he did absolutely nothing to ventilate the bus even after I inquired about the climate control. I had to get off prematurely and transfer to the BM1 behind it which is not what I needed. This is why I have to keep filing complaints. That bus should be out of service. If an elderly person was on that bus they would've passed out from heat exhaustion.

So this idiot B/O on the Q10 today threatened me saying that recording a video of a bus is illegal and that if he ever saw me again, he would take my camera and format it completely , and again, all I did was take a video of his bus... f**king idiot...

I'd threaten have his job for even making a threat like that.....

I'm usually sympathetic to b/o's, but there's just too many that try to usurp power they don't have.....

.....I was on the Q43 today and my driver and some other driver on the Q3 kept stopping at lights, opening the doors, and yelling at each other, and both buses even remained stationary at a green light pulling this shit.

That's a personal peeve I have when it comes to driving; the holding up of traffic to start conversing.... It annoys me when b/o's do it, when dollar cab/vans do it, when whoever does it - especially if I'm the immediate trailing car.....

Was it a situation where one cut the other off or something?... Usually don't see two (MTA) b/o's doing that while yelling at each other; at least I don't.....

Oh, ho, yes. Yes i definitely do... I know the time, bus #, intersection, and day (it was yesterday)...

Wdym take me a long ways?...

What that saying means (in this case) is that, since you have all that information, your chances of getting this b/o punished would be greater.....

...with the latter being like 99% of the ones in Nassau County!

I'm usually sympathetic to b/o's, but there's just too many that try to usurp power they don't have.....

That's a personal peeve I have when it comes to driving; the holding up of traffic to start conversing.... It annoys me when b/o's do it, when dollar cab/vans do it, when whoever does it - especially if I'm the immediate trailing car.....

Was it a situation where one cut the other off or something?... Usually don't see two (MTA) b/o's doing that while yelling at each other; at least I don't.....

What that saying means (in this case) is that, since you have all that information, your chances of getting this b/o punished would be greater.....

I'm not exactly sure how it started (I usually have headphones in on the bus), but it was essentially a B/O telling mine he did something wrong, then mine yelling back about how he wasn't the dispatcher so he had no right to talk shit, which was the first stop. Then at the next light mine told the other one that he messed up some shit too, so he had no right to talk. Then while our bus was pulled over at the stop the Q3 flew by and buzzed the horn as he passed by. Just straight up unprofessional crap all around.  <_<

I'm reluctant to report this, mostly because I don't know the details about the Q3 (like bus number, driver, etc.) and I would just rather not get only one of the people involved in trouble.

To continue with that BM3 driver, after I got off of his bus at 23rd and Park, I got on the BM1 behind him, who would eventually bypass him.  I don't know what happened with that bus but he remained in service to Sheepshead Bay.  What was ridiculous was how long it took him to get down there.  I got off of the BM1 at Avenue J and Ocean, and made my way to the (Q) to finish my commute. I made my 13:30 appointment, but the real kicker was that the BM3 still hadn't even reached Ocean and Avenue X by that time and he was supposed to be done at 13:07!  Unless he picked up Downtown, he had no one on the bus besides one guy who perhaps wasn't even a paying passenger.  I tracked him going back to Manhattan and he was still late.  I got the next bus behind him which got me to 57th and 3rd in under an hour.

One other thing... There will be a M101/M102/M103 bus stop right at 57th and 3rd (finally).  They are almost done finishing the bus shelter, so I imagine it will be up and running in the next week or two.  Checked it out on my way to the BxM1 to head back home.

I'm not exactly sure how it started (I usually have headphones in on the bus), but it was essentially a B/O telling mine he did something wrong, then mine yelling back about how he wasn't the dispatcher so he had no right to talk shit, which was the first stop. Then at the next light mine told the other one that he messed up some shit too, so he had no right to talk. Then while our bus was pulled over at the stop the Q3 flew by and buzzed the horn as he passed by. Just straight up unprofessional crap all around.  <_<

I'm reluctant to report this, mostly because I don't know the details about the Q3 (like bus number, driver, etc.) and I would just rather not get only one of the people involved in trouble.

That's the first thing I pay attention to is the bus# and if I can't locate it, I'll go on BusTime and look for the bus. Sometimes I just file the complaint right on the bus.  With those gigantic smartphones these days and the 4G internet, it's becoming easier and easier to type and sent formal letters. lol

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

That's the first thing I pay attention to is the bus# and if I can't locate it, I'll go on BusTime and look for the bus. Sometimes I just file the complaint right on the bus.  With those gigantic smartphones these days and the 4G internet, it's becoming easier and easier to type and sent formal letters. lol

It was night-time, and it's not exactly easy to see the bus number if the bus is next to your window seat and you're in the middle, not close to any of the number decals on the bus. I'm wishing I had caught it now...

Sorry, but by any chance do you think you can send me the link to file a report? Thanks!

Sheesh, those 1200s Nova transmissions are crap... they need to get those damn things off the M15SBS and put 'em on crosstown routes instead. Move the 5800s to Hale f/t M15.

I was thrilled when they were taken off the Bx12 SBS. I've never liked the performance of the 1200 Novas, from the AC to the transmission to the seating configuration to how the two rear doors work (the rear doors are a general LFSA flaw that's exploited on any SBS route).

I'm pretty sure I've filed at least 100 complaints.  MIA buses, buses coming early, rude drivers, reckless drivers, drivers bypassing stops or portions of the route, drivers purposely messing around so that they can't be tracked on BusTime.  It becomes annoying after a while but quite frankly if you don't file a complaint these guys will just continue.  Some very immature, unprofessional types, mainly young guys from the street that have no home training and poor education.  What's interesting is that I have NEVER encountered a rude LIRR or MNRR employee on the trains... I wonder why... Sarcasm...

For someone who claims to have filed over 100 complaints u don't think the MTA knows u by now and maybe are just junking your complaints.

For someone who claims to have filed over 100 complaints u don't think the MTA knows u by now and maybe are just junking your complaints.

They aren't junking them, that I can assure you.  100 or so complaints over 12 or so years actually isn't that bad.  I won't go into details, but I have my ways of knowing.  I travel A LOT and there is A LOT of turnover at many depots.  You have no idea how many B/O's move around and/or are fired and that's part of the problem.  You also have a lot of the old timers retiring so there is a lot of change going on.

All of the complaints are legitimate.  There is a lot that I overlook too, but if there are buses missing or skipping portions of the route that's a problem that needs to be addressed.  Safety issues are also a problem.  I have been in at least two accidents and have been fortunate enough not be seriously injured, so they aren't just complaints just because.

I also have wrote in to comment some B/Os, so it works both ways.  There are many good B/Os but also a lot of bad ones.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

If I had a nickel for every time I've wanted to tell an SBS driver to drive faster...

Had a driver on the 12 that was driving so slow on Pelham Parkway bicycles were passing us in the bike lane..

LMAO... There's a guy on the BxM2 who is TERRIBLY slow.  He's supposed to come before a BxM1, but comes at the same time and finishes a good 20 minutes later than that BxM1.  

There's construction going on around the area therefore the Eastbound stop is relocated. There are machines facing the street and the sidewalk to ease payment.

I think that's actually the new stop. They tend to relocate stops when SBS makes its way through. Some of the stops along the SBS have been relocated so it can just be up and out when the light changes

Edited by Cait Sith

Yep idk how late I am with this but due to that Williamsburg Plaza construction, The B39 Brooklyn Bound temporary takes a different route making a right after getting off the bridge at the B62 Stop (Towards Downtown Brooklyn) and goes around back to Williamsburg Plaza. One of the lanes I know turning from the Bridge is closed 

I think that's actually the new stop. They tend to relocate stops when SBS makes its way through. Some of the stops along the SBS have been relocated so it can just be up and out when the light changes

All I know is that there was a service alert saying the Eastbound stop at Lexington was relocated due to construction. It would make a lot more sense for it to be after the light since that's where passengers will get on coming off of uptown trains. For that reason I'll believe them at their word.