BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lil 57 said:

Museum of Sex ads are back up, but on the side of the bus. Saw one on the side of a M15 SBS.

Was it one of the LFSA's from FB or one of the 1200's from MCH.  Also, is the ad in black and white again?

I would of thought that it would be on the rear of the bus or a rear wrap.

8 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Was it one of the LFSA's from FB or one of the 1200's from MCH.  Also, is the ad in black and white again?

I would of thought that it would be on the rear of the bus or a rear wrap.

I think it was one of the 1200's, The ad is a bit more colorful. 

Edited by Lil 57

1 minute ago, Lil 57 said:

I think it was one of the 1200's, The ad is a bit more colorful. 

Very nice catch... Usually MCH puts ads on their 1200's not so much less on the other LFSA's.

Took some creativity from the museum to keep their campaign. Looks like all parties have resolved their issues.

13 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

I was going home on the X14 today and due to traffic on the FDR, The B/O got off at South St. and took the local streets to Water St. Was a bit of a change. 

That's really the only option if traffic is a mess.  Not wild about it but it's better than just sitting there and crawling.

42 minutes ago, Calvin said:

The new XD-40s at ENY have the NYC Bus attached with MTA. Are they just for the B82? It seems that they aren't use on other lines such as the B25, B83 etc. 

Only for the B82SBS. 

Havent spotted yet on the 25/83/12/45/65. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

I got a hell of a story to tell you,
On the bus today some dude "who said he had surgery" and was drunk and probably doped up on pain killers tried to fight me, starts off him and his wife/girlfriend get on the bus and she unintentionally wacks me with her purse and as we get further down the route he punches the back of the seat and his woman tries to calm him down and then he tries to offer me whiskey.  he tries to act all friendly and saying no offense etc and has the nerve to refer to my mom and I as husband and wife. A passenger shouts to leave me alone and his woman tries to say no harm etc  His ultimate karma was him falling out while waiting for his bus

This might've been answered here before I joined NYC Transit Forums, but I thought I'd ask anyway nonetheless. Sometime back in January 2015, the Q27 started serving the section of Springfield Boulevard north of 56th Avenue, instead of continuing on its normal routing along Luke Place, followed by 216th Street. The official MTA NYCT Queens Bus Map (May 2018) still retains the old Q27 routing in the aforementioned area. I heard of a construction project taking place in the neighborhood, but I'm not sure about anything other than that. It's now been over 3 1/2 years since then. What caused this detour to become a permanent change in the Q27 route?

4 hours ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

This might've been answered here before I joined NYC Transit Forums, but I thought I'd ask anyway nonetheless. Sometime back in January 2015, the Q27 started serving the section of Springfield Boulevard north of 56th Avenue, instead of continuing on its normal routing along Luke Place, followed by 216th Street. The official MTA NYCT Queens Bus Map (May 2018) still retains the old Q27 routing in the aforementioned area. I heard of a construction project taking place in the neighborhood, but I'm not sure about anything other than that. It's now been over 3 1/2 years since then. What caused this detour to become a permanent change in the Q27 route?

The Q27 is back to it normal route. I know they were paving the street but I don’t know why it took a long time for them to finish. 

11 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Only for the B82SBS. 

Havent spotted yet on the 25/83/12/45/65. 

I think they are trying to keep them on the B82. However, they have shown up on the B42 at least twice now and that's only because the B42/B82 interline on certain runs.

1 hour ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Related question to my experience, Does the Mta give drivers the authority to deny rides to those who are drunk intoxicated/doped up @SevenEleven or any other drivers on here?

I let them on. The rule is to leave them at a safe, well lit area. It's in the NY State CDL DMV book.