MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

15 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Bro what are you talking about? Flatbush Local riders deserve new buses as much as everybody else in this city and the fact that this depot was passed up for new local buses is just totally unfair. Why do more affluent neighborhoods and Depots get new local buses while the less rich and affluent Flatbush Depot doesn’t? It’s total discrimination.

What bus lines do you live by and/or take on a daily basis, and what Depots are they dispatched out of? If they’re not from Flatbush, then it’s easy for you to tell FB folks to cool down. Until FB has a newer fleet of new scheme XD40s and XDE40s for local service, the I will still believe that there is something against FB.

What are You saying? Are you speaking for Flatbush depot? 

Let me remind you that each depot is different from one another. If one depot has somewhat amount of buses that they have to retire, then that new order will be assigned. They will not grant one depot an entire fleet of buses just because one says so. The only company that should get HMDs are those from BC. Sorry to say this but some depots could have one designed fleet (40/60 ft buses). Example: JG has all NFs but they have more Old school but upgraded engines than the Xcelsior CNGs. 

CH has all Novas for locals but have Prevost, and MCIs on their express roster. 

MV has all Orion 7s but split OGs and NXGs 

so if you was lucked out of that old Spaceship looking bus from 2009, wake up! This isnt BK! 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yall need to stop entertaining @JeremiahC99. Clearly he doesn't understand the system as a whole and only cares about the routes and depot he uses. His opinion isn't gonna change the DOBs placement of these buses so just let him be mad. There's like 2 pages of arguing in this thread now because of his nonsense. 

On 4/18/2019 at 9:34 PM, MHV9218 said:

Tried to hit your inbox but says I can't leave messages for you, point is it's a blessing to have you here and hope you to have you around as long as possible boss.

Shoot me a message at followENY@gmail.com 

I would ask anyone who wants to follow me and this next major chapter in transit. 

On 4/19/2019 at 12:23 AM, Around the Horn said:

Always a pleasure to have you here boss!

Again I want to thank everyone. My inbox is “full” and I’m ready to make my public announcement. 

Effective immediately, I will be teaming up with @The Real  to create an all new transit information platform that will be unrivaled anywhere in America. This blog will have the original transit enthusiast flare of TTMG, with a new fun way to introduce what’s going on within the industry. 

Remember the good old days of ENY’s NYCTF Breaking News Exclusives? Well expect that again, and even better!

Combined, @The Real and @East New York know ever corner of the transit industry from top to bottom. I have consulted with every major component supplier, transit equipment manufacturing firm, and 47 of the top 100 transit agencies!! I do have receipts and references if anyone need them. 

So that was my big announcement. Yes, I am coming out of retirement within the next few days. I would again like to thank everyone who co tiniest to support, and I feel like I owe it to some of you to continue what I do, and advocate for better transit for the employees and customers alike. 

That being said, this will be my final post at NYCTF. If you be placed on the email list for information and invitation to the launch of the new blog, or to just get in contact with me in general, Please shoot me an email at 

followENY@gmail.com

Anyone who recently sent me a PM, please email me there, tell me who you are and what your NYCTF handle is is you have one. I really look forward to this next chapter and want to again thank you all! 

Its definitely time for a Transit Media outlet for a “Fast Forward” Era. As MTA and other agencies around the country move to new technology, and old buses die, its time 2 of the greatest transit bloggers officially join forces. 

I mean let’s be honest, who’s gonna provide more accurate information on Transit than @The Real or Myself? Now together under one platform, will be a seamless experience that none of us are used to! I’m excited! I hope you all will join us! With all the new buses coming in and projects planned, you are are going to want to keep up! Bronx and Queens Bus redesigns are among the first topics.

Again, please direct any comments, questions, concerns, and blog inquiries to followENY@gmail.com and don’t forget to let me know who you are! Everyone’s welcome!! 

-ENY out!

21 hours ago, East New York said:

Shoot me a message at followENY@gmail.com 

I would ask anyone who wants to follow me and this next major chapter in transit. 

Again I want to thank everyone. My inbox is “full” and I’m ready to make my public announcement. 

Effective immediately, I will be teaming up with @The Real  to create an all new transit information platform that will be unrivaled anywhere in America. This blog will have the original transit enthusiast flare of TTMG, with a new fun way to introduce what’s going on within the industry. 

Remember the good old days of ENY’s NYCTF Breaking News Exclusives? Well expect that again, and even better!

Combined, @The Real and @East New York know ever corner of the transit industry from top to bottom. I have consulted with every major component supplier, transit equipment manufacturing firm, and 47 of the top 100 transit agencies!! I do have receipts and references if anyone need them. 

So that was my big announcement. Yes, I am coming out of retirement within the next few days. I would again like to thank everyone who co tiniest to support, and I feel like I owe it to some of you to continue what I do, and advocate for better transit for the employees and customers alike. 

That being said, this will be my final post at NYCTF. If you be placed on the email list for information and invitation to the launch of the new blog, or to just get in contact with me in general, Please shoot me an email at 

followENY@gmail.com

Anyone who recently sent me a PM, please email me there, tell me who you are and what your NYCTF handle is is you have one. I really look forward to this next chapter and want to again thank you all! 

Its definitely time for a Transit Media outlet for a “Fast Forward” Era. As MTA and other agencies around the country move to new technology, and old buses die, its time 2 of the greatest transit bloggers officially join forces. 

I mean let’s be honest, who’s gonna provide more accurate information on Transit than @The Real or Myself? Now together under one platform, will be a seamless experience that none of us are used to! I’m excited! I hope you all will join us! With all the new buses coming in and projects planned, you are are going to want to keep up! Bronx and Queens Bus redesigns are among the first topics.

Again, please direct any comments, questions, concerns, and blog inquiries to followENY@gmail.com and don’t forget to let me know who you are! Everyone’s welcome!! 

-ENY out!

Bet! 

I'll quote over here:

53 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Remember, the LFS's are one of the few buses that can fit in the tunnel under Central Park for the M66/72 so they are probably going to stay.

47 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Basically. There's still 10 LFS are still at Quill for the two Crosstown routes. These and the 7500s are its rotation.

Remember the LFS were Not planned to go to Quill in the first place. They were only there to help riders feel like newer equipment is in use on the M66/72. And remember some 8000's did move out of MQ when the 7500's came in. When more XDs come in LFs will likely leave because the M66/72 riders complained about the lack of space in an LFS compared to an Xcelsior.

27 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

I'll quote over here:

Remember the LFS were Not planned to go to Quill in the first place. They were only there to help riders feel like newer equipment is in use on the M66/72. And remember some 8000's did move out of MQ when the 7500's came in. When more XDs come in LFs will likely leave because the M66/72 riders complained about the lack of space in an LFS compared to an Xcelsior.

Oh, I forgot about those 7500's which can also fit in the tunnel.

4 minutes ago, Melbx15 said:

When did the MTA create a B91 route ? 

The B91 and B92 are all part of the new (L) train plans. There will be two Williamsburg Link bus routes serving Bedford Avenue: a B91 going counterclockwise to/from Marcy Avenue, stopping at Metropolitan Avenue and Bedford Avenue, and a B92 going clockwise to/from Marcy Avenue, stopping at Bedford Avenue, Metropolitan Avenue, and Hewes Street. Link here: https://new.mta.info/sites/default/files/2019-04/brooklyn_map.pdf.

The two routes are designed to take riders from Bedford Avenue (which will be overcrowded) to other stations where alternate service like the (G) and (M) are available. I wonder if it is free.  

1 hour ago, Eric B said:

Funny, just yesterday I saw a 7500 pulling out of the plaza signed B91 Marcy Ave. II take it that's a test, or they just signed it wrong? (It's not running yet, right?)

I guess we have a possible answer to the routes. That they will be operated by Grand Avenue.  The route should be in operation by Sunday 4/28.

Did you observe bus stops being installed along route??

8 hours ago, King Transit said:

I will be so scared seeing CNG Xcelsiors through tunnels. They are most special buses and I'm not gonna listen to news about them exploding by either stratching or crushing tanks through short tunnels.

Now, let's get back to delivery and transfers

7 hours ago, WestFarms36 said:

That would be highly unlikely and all buses have a placard above the drivers window which advises about the Height of the Bus, plus there would be no explosion, fire suppression systems are in place to prevent that, CNG Buses are prepared for these scenarios.

I continue this in here, there's a video that happened last Month in Stockholm where a CNG bus exploded. Not sure if the (MTA) buses have better technology but this makes CNG buses look dangerous.

Edited by Lil 57

11 hours ago, Melbx15 said:

When did the MTA create a B91 route ? 

10 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

The B91 and B92 are all part of the new (L) train plans. There will be two Williamsburg Link bus routes serving Bedford Avenue: a B91 going counterclockwise to/from Marcy Avenue, stopping at Metropolitan Avenue and Bedford Avenue, and a B92 going clockwise to/from Marcy Avenue, stopping at Bedford Avenue, Metropolitan Avenue, and Hewes Street. Link here: https://new.mta.info/sites/default/files/2019-04/brooklyn_map.pdf.

The two routes are designed to take riders from Bedford Avenue (which will be overcrowded) to other stations where alternate service like the (G) and (M) are available. I wonder if it is free.  

I was able to pull up the B91 and B92 route runs and it will come out of Grand Ave depot. 

15 minutes ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Yup...Not a lot of run, but I can see this going to be an annoying route to pick going in circles like crazy. According to the weekend paddle, Reminds me of the B2 and B31 run. 

Sweet for Grand Avenue b/c of the interlines. However, East New York???? I’m a bit clueless on that. 

4 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Yup...Not a lot of run, but I can see this going to be an annoying route to pick going in circles like crazy. According to the weekend paddle, Reminds me of the B2 and B31 run. 

At least they actually do something.

9 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

4124 from Yukon to Quill.

35 minutes ago, Novabus 5000 said:

4116 and 4125 to MQ 

Yukon only has one new LFS (that's not even in service yet), why are they giving away buses so quickly? Wouldn't this cause a shortage?

Edited by Lil 57