MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

Here's to hoping they stick with ThermoKing for the HVAC....these Carrier/MCC HVACs are garbage.

So do I. I'm definitely going to have a conversation with the board as well. Obama awarded MCC/Carrier like $5.1 million in stimulus money in 2012 to expand here, and they just announced a few days ago they are closing up shop in the midwest, and moving to Mexico. That's fine, but I don't expect anymore of my tax dollars to go towards their sub-par equipment any longer. Especially not now that they took stimulus money and now they are going to run. 

I also do not like Carrier's business practices. That is a reason RTS operations through the years and New Flyer as well offer ThermoKing as a base option. It is a superior system. We have given MCC long enough to get their $#!^ together.

you mean the option right

No. The Xcelsior order I am talking about is for the base award of 200 articulated buses split between New Flyer and Nova. 

Great spotting on that bus. Before you know these buses will hit the NYC streets.

The pilots will be here in January 2017, and the production buses won't start rolling in until next spring.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. The Xcelsior order I am talking about is for the base award of 200 articulated buses split between New Flyer and Nova. 

The pilots will be here in January 2017, and the production buses won't start rolling in until next spring.

so u mean 92 nova's, and 108 xd60's?

so u mean 92 nova's, and 108 xd60's?

That was a typo. The base award is 231 buses, (139 XD60, 92 LFSA) with options for 300. The XD60 pilots will be here July, and the LFSA pilots will be here in January of next year.

Effective immediately all posts, updates, and exclusives have been suspended. Please see the the title post on page one of this thread.

Thank you all for the support since 2008! It is always appreciated! If you are in support, please discontinue posting in any other thread or section of the forum, and voice your opinion here.

I would love to be here another 8 years, but I need your help, and I need your voice. Until then,

East New York out.   #United4NYCTF

Damn, didn't see this coming, but if this is all for real, let me be the first to say....been here five, going on six years now, I'd hope all three of y'all know how much this place means to me, but might as well say it--best place for information, quality discussion, and quality photos/videos on the damn internet. Never gonna be finding me on SubChat, and the day I make a post in the group is the day I hand in my MetroCard for a fresh order of pure drama. They hacked me on here, I lost all my posts, and I still stuck it out. I'm here, and I'm with it. Hope to see this site continue. United.

Can't say this came out of none way, but I gotta say this was going to happen sooner or later. NYCTF is one of my favorite hobbies; have been on other forums I have become an information junky about the MTA. The Exclusives on this site were joy back when i first found the site. I was amazed by the community and networking between the members and the actually MTA employees ,who share their passion for the Transportation Industry. However, Lately some members have treated this site as a google search engine: asking and demanding info has if they can't read and seek info on their own.Meanwhile the moderator, who busy with their lives, got to babysit members who know better on top of some of the newbies. Respect is a two way street, show some to earn some, I think over the years some member have forgotten or never learn given the way some have posted recently. Personally I don't post a lot but i doesn't mean i haven't read a lot of the posts since i found the site:Bookmarked and all even saved password when i did join as a member, We as a community ad check ourselves when we post being mindfully of the language and grammar can help improve  our experiences on this site. My online knowledge of the MTA:range from Straphangers, nycsubway.org, bvestation, ttmg, yes even Subchat and last but least NYCTF, All of these sites have given me different

point of views of a System that is has it faults always criticized and still used  by many the MTA. I know i love and hate the TA at times and losing this site wouldn't help me understand some of the craziness I have seen over the year fanboy over the MTA. I hope as a community, we can come together and respect one another to overcome our differences to enjoy the opinions of peers to not only improve but understand the transportation system  in NYC and around world. I support this community and can only hope everyone here feels the same too. #United4NYCTF

I haven't been here in a while but I read the message on the first page and I'm amazed. I've been a member since 2008 and it's always been the best site for news on NYC Transit and I hope it continues. It's a valuable source of information and we need to keep it going for many years to come. To Cait Sait, 7-11 & East New York, thank you for all you've done for us transit buff, employees and for the general public all these years. May NYCTF last for years to come.

#United4NYCTF

2/27/16

In an effort to provide the best transportation solutions, advocate for stellar transit options, and continue operating a world class discussion forum, the senior staff here at NYC Transit forums will suspend all posting, moderating, and administrative duties. Effective immediately, all official MTA Bus Operations information has been removed indefinitely. At 12:01am 2/28/16, we will no longer respond to private messages. If you would like to see this information return, express your support for NYC Transit Forums and the industry as a whole.  

It's time for NYC Transit Forums 3.0 and we now have an opportunity to work directly with MTA to provide you all with information that is as accurate as possible. If you support NYCTF and our team, we ask that you express what NYCTF and this information means to you. If you want a direct link to the MTA board of directors to hear your voices through this platform, and continue to make NYC and area transit the best they can be, let them know!!!

If you want a new NYCTF that has direct factual information that can be implemented and discussed by all who want to have an opinion, and know that the MTA will actually hear what you have to say, express that in this thread. If you want East New York aka Dante, official consultant who's LinkdIn is even endorsed by the Department of Buses to continue providing you all with breaking industry news, please express that. 

If you want to continue being provided with exclusive information and top quality photos from Senior Moderator Cait Sith (aka Shane) please express your appreciation for what he does.

If you want the best Administrator (Seven Eleven aka Deme) in this transit business to continue to help me to provide you all with tip top information, on one of the best platforms ever created, let your voice be heard!!! After expressing your opinion, please comment on how you would like to see NYCTF improve, and then end it with the hashtag: 

#United4NYCTF

We Thank you all for your support! Transit focus, and member driver, this is your forum! It's time to express yourselves. It's time for the New NYCTF. The one we have all been waiting for. We love what you have provided for us all Harry, now lets take it to the ultimate level!!!!

I love this place, and since my first post in 2008 I was sold.... Let the good times roll again!! We have your back, but we need your help.

Signing off until further notice:

Administrator, Seven Eleven

Sr. Moderator, Cait Sith

Sr. Moderator, East New York

LONG LIVE NYCTF!

At first, I had an account called Kew Gardens 613, and I had never been a forum before, and as a result did not know forum etiquette and I got banned. Several months afterwards, I created this account, and slowly I got used to the forums, and I found out what were good ideas and what weren't. On the forums, I have learned a great deal about the inner workings of the MTA, especially from Transit Workers like East New York. On the forums, I have found out that there are a lot of other people that share the passion of transportation like me, and this has helped me share my ideas and experiences with people who actually care. I think that it would be a huge loss if they don't return, as this would mean that the quality of content would go done significantly, and this would bring down NYCTF with it. Over the past few years, less and less users have been on NYCTF, and with an influx of nubes and a decrease in long time users, the quality of posts has gone done, and I think that in order to teach the new users, we need users like East New York to stay on the forums. I sure hope that more people support NYCTF, and help bring to a better level.

Long Live R32s and New York City Transit Forums.

I just want to thanks all of you for providing over for years. The best part of the forum is bus & depot roaster and subway fantasy maps forum and such more.????????????????????

(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(G)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(R)(S)(T)(W)(Z)

Long live (NYCTF I hope they bring back

Edited by BDNQ2345

[i posted this in the thread I made, but since this thread is more active, I guess I'll put down what I said over there in here:

One day, like most children, I got obsessed with toy trains. As I grew out of toy trains, I became obsessed with real trains, specifically the MTA subway. I visited every subway station in NYC by 2015 last year. When I turned eight years old, I tried to help my family get to Rockefeller Center. No one listened to me because of my young age. When we asked an MTA employee, he said the same thing I said. That time was when my family started asking me for directions when they have to take the subway or bus to a location.

In middle school, I decided to teach myself more about the history of NYC transit after the 2010 budget cuts. I learned everything from the how subway fare used to be 5 cents to the different types of routes and stations that are no longer in service. For example, there used to be a Third Avenue elevated line in the Bronx before the early 1970s that was replaced by the Bx55 bus route (now Bx15 Limited as we all know) that made the same exact stops.

Starting in 2012, I began to travel in the city by myself. Then a year later, I began taking some photos even though I kind of felt uncomfortable when people looked at me. Starting August 2014, I joined the forums and more than before, began to travel around the city in the buses and trains to take some pictures. 2015 was the start of videos of public transit in NYC via YouTube and NYCTF.

Exploring the NYC transit system is one of my main hobbies (obviously), and would never be here without that hobby. I was inspired to go as far as Nassau county from the Bronx and got to see some locations like Inwood and Lawrence in Nassau via the Q113 and Q114. Just recently, to see more of New York, I rode BEE-LINE in southern Westchester and rode the new N20G route in NICE.

I am fascinated and inspired by the NYC transit system because of its interesting architecture with the subway’s tunnels, elevated portions, car and bus models used in the MTA system, and station designs. Sometimes, these rides on the buses and trains help me get away from life and go to my own calm place when I have a bad day. Sometimes on these trips, I help tourists get their way around the city when they ask me where to go, and that would make me feel great. The traveling and these forums sometimes helped me out with other subjects and projects in school. For example, I used math to help calculate the number of vehicles and models located in a bus depot if the system were to be my own, causing me to make a fantasy MTA wiki to better organize my ideas. I came here when I did a presentation of how the Doppler Effect is used on the Q50 bus and asked others if my project was good. I even learned new phrases when I look up articles involving transit like rolling stock and revenue service. I sometimes used these phrases in sentences for my English class.

The NYC transit system and forums feels like my life because it gives me a story of NYC and I KNOW that I am not the only oddball that obsesses over this shit. NYC's history shows me what the transit system can do now. I always find myself using buses and trains to get to many, many places as my family doesn’t have their own car to use. Even if we had a car, I would use the subway or bus to go places because the system is that interesting. Sometimes I would get excited when I see my favorite models of buses and trains and find it on a route I always use or ride like the NovaBus RTS bus on the Bx21 because of the nostalgia it gives on that route and the R32 and R160 trains on the (C) because it shows an odd future and the rough history of the cars used on that very same line.

Now recently, users here were getting out of control like B22 noticed and it's been getting out of control. Like in every major delivery thread, you would see, "when would delivery start?" or "how many units are ordered?" when most times, you can find the info in front of the respective thread or just do a simple Google search to answer the question. And if that info is not found, THAT MEANS THAT WE HAVE NO INFORMATION ON THE TOPIC AT THIS TIME. We newbies here know how you feel, and I remember when I was just like one of you. If you want to be here, you have to learn how to be patient and look around to see if your answer can be answered without waiting an hour for an answer.

Maybe that should be an added rule here. We should be encouraged to look around for an answer to our questions (and maybe even make one separate thread that shows all the info of every confirmed order without the ability to reply instead of putting it down in a discussion thread and making the chaos that mainly the newbies bring in). That way the moderators will be able to relax and not bother everyone here that just wants to have a discussion about where units are at.

Well, I think that's all I want to say. Hope the forums can continue, NYCTF 3.0 would be a better site that won't get that many confused newbies and then we all can have a great time here.

MysteriousBtrain

AKA mtamaster

AKA ShadeJay

AKA Julian Padilla

#United4NYCTF

Well, first off, I'd like to say that this site has changed since I've joined in 2008. People are less hostile and are more willing to pass along information to help enlighten each other. I've learned things on these forums that have been hard to find elsewhere. This site to me means not only growing as a person infatuated with the subway and its history for as long as he can remember, but continuing to enlighten those outside of these forums that are not within the know.

Because of the people in these forums, I've been able to tell people why things happen. I've been able to provide answers for people questions and teach them something new. Because of the information provided by East New York and CaitSith, I am able to give people hope that things on their respective lines will get better. Be it station rehabilitation new new subway cars and buses. I thank you all for what you've opened my eyes too. Because without it, I'd still be the sarcastic ass I was down in the beginning. You know I sometimes go back to my pre-2013 posts just for the laughs? You all, and this website have my full support.

Anyway, if there's one thing I hope for down the line, is people having more imagination. Realistic thoughts are good and all, but no change can be made without imagination (with a base in reality, nonetheless). Think a little more about things and open your mind. Things are not as black and white as they seem.

Dexter Dugar Jr a.k.a. LTA1992.

#UNITED4NYCTF

While we're at this, perfect example of why I'm always on these forums and never posting in the ridiculous group. We're all big boys, we all know this stuff is seen by everybody, and when you lie, you're gonna get caught.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-28%20at%2011.23.

Those are blatant lies. I've never posted anything revealing the identities of any members. I only know a handful of members personally. I don't believe in breaking that anonymity; if people wanna stay unnamed, I let them. I didn't even have a Facebook account until a month or so ago. Perfect example of why the FB group is a disaster: a complete collection of lies and falsehoods with nobody to back it up. But keep on liking it.

I stay #united4nyctf.

I'd have to say, this site is A LOT better than RD. Even though some people I knew from that site were on this site. I appreciate the updates regarding bus orders and depots. It's good that one that thought he was owed something, another that thought he knew everything and another that would rather have new trains and older buses are no longer on this forum. I'd have to admit, I like buses over trains any day. 

Given we may have a direct link to the board, I would recommend that as many members as possible (and those from other influential positions in the agency) join NYCTF and offer their valuable insights into the transportation industry and how they would like it to evolve with the needs of the city in the years and decades to come. #United4NYCTF

Edited by JubaionBx12+SBS

If we really will have a direct link to the board, it will be a game changer! How can we contact you privately ENY?

LONG LIVE NYCTF! #United4NYCTF Its a shame to see it go! May It come back bigger and better than ever I say!

(I hope it is coming back)

2/27/16

In an effort to provide the best transportation solutions, advocate for stellar transit options, and continue operating a world class discussion forum, the senior staff here at NYC Transit forums will suspend all posting, moderating, and administrative duties. Effective immediately, all official MTA Bus Operations information has been removed indefinitely. At 12:01am 2/28/16, we will no longer respond to private messages. If you would like to see this information return, express your support for NYC Transit Forums and the industry as a whole.  

It's time for NYC Transit Forums 3.0 and we now have an opportunity to work directly with MTA to provide you all with information that is as accurate as possible. If you support NYCTF and our team, we ask that you express what NYCTF and this information means to you. If you want a direct link to the MTA board of directors to hear your voices through this platform, and continue to make NYC and area transit the best they can be, let them know!!!

If you want a new NYCTF that has direct factual information that can be implemented and discussed by all who want to have an opinion, and know that the MTA will actually hear what you have to say, express that in this thread. If you want East New York aka Dante, official consultant who's LinkdIn is even endorsed by the Department of Buses to continue providing you all with breaking industry news, please express that. 

If you want to continue being provided with exclusive information and top quality photos from Senior Moderator Cait Sith (aka Shane) please express your appreciation for what he does.

If you want the best Administrator (Seven Eleven aka Deme) in this transit business to continue to help me to provide you all with tip top information, on one of the best platforms ever created, let your voice be heard!!! After expressing your opinion, please comment on how you would like to see NYCTF improve, and then end it with the hashtag: 

#United4NYCTF

We Thank you all for your support! Transit focus, and member driver, this is your forum! It's time to express yourselves. It's time for the New NYCTF. The one we have all been waiting for. We love what you have provided for us all Harry, now lets take it to the ultimate level!!!!

I love this place, and since my first post in 2008 I was sold.... Let the good times roll again!! We have your back, but we need your help.

Signing off until further notice:

Administrator, Seven Eleven

Sr. Moderator, Cait Sith

Sr. Moderator, East New York

A couple questions ENY, if you don't mind answering :D

1. Will NYCTF return?

2. If it returns how will we be informed?

and do you have any estimate for when this will happen?