Planned Subway Service Changes

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long will it take the MTA to just send the (N) to 96th and have the (W) run normally during this GO? 

That wouldn’t work out. That would really confuse us Astoria riders, and there wouldn’t be any service to Brooklyn, just one local to Whitehall. 

I personally think the best option is what they did prior to 2010, suspended the (W) during these midday hours. However, considering local stops along the Broadway Line have picked up, maybe run the (N) as a Broadway Local, so some (W) riders aren’t inconvenienced. 

Edited by R42N

That wouldn’t work out. That would really confuse us Astoria riders, and there wouldn’t be any service to Brooklyn, just one local to Whitehall. 

I personally think the best option is what they did prior to 2010, suspended the (W) during these midday hours. However, considering local stops along the Broadway Line have picked up, maybe run the (N) as a Broadway Local, so some (W) riders aren’t inconvenienced. 

Prior to 2010, the (W) Ran 20 minute headways during the G.O, and was not suspended entirely. 

The (M) train will run to 96 Street the weekend of May 6-7th

M.png Service is extended to the 96 St Q.png Station, Manhattan

Weekend, Saturday and Sunday, May 6 - 7

Special weekend M.png service operates between Metropolitan Av and the Lexington Av/63 St F.png Station, and via the Q.png to/from 96 St.

Note:
 No L.png service between Brooklyn and Manhattan during this time.

Reminder: Late Night M.png service operates between Metropolitan Av and Myrtle Av.

M.png Service is extended to the 96 St Q.png Station, Manhattan

Weekend, Saturday and Sunday, May 6 - 7

Special weekend M.png service operates between Metropolitan Av and the Lexington Av/63 St F.png Station, and via the Q.png to/from 96 St.

Note: No L.png service between Brooklyn and Manhattan during this time.

Reminder: Late Night M.png service operates between Metropolitan Av and Myrtle Av.

Wait Whaaaa?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Special weekend M.png service operates between Metropolitan Av and the Lexington Av/63 St F.png Station, and via the Q.png to/from 96 St.

Reminder: Late Night M.png service operates between Metropolitan Av and Myrtle Av.

Bound to happen eventually. Now let's see if the programs exist for the (M).

4.png Service operates in two sections:

1. Between Woodlawn and 125 St
  2. Between 125 St and Brooklyn Bridge

Weekend, 12:01 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon, May 20 - 22 

• Transfer at 125 St to continue your trip.

Notes: Trains from Manhattan skip 138 St-Grand Concourse.
            No 4.png trains between Brooklyn Bridge and Utica Av/New Lots Av during this time

Special weekend M.png service operates between Metropolitan Av and the Lexington Av/63 St F.png Station, and via the Q.png to/from 96 St.

Note: No L.png service between Brooklyn and Manhattan during this time.

Reminder: Late Night M.png service operates between Metropolitan Av and Myrtle Av.

Not really that surprising. 57 Street was used as a terminal out of convenience. With 96 Street now in play, the (M) can still run via 6th Avenue without tying up (F) service.

Bound to happen eventually. Now let's see if the programs exist for the (M).

Knowing the MTA, probably not.

F trains are also running to 96th street as well???

Doubt it.

Look what was sneaked it at the last minute...

(5) No trains running

(2)(4) trains and shuttle_bus.png free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Weekend, 11:45 PM Fri to 8 AM Sun, Apr 21 - 23 

(2) trains provide alternate service between E 180 St and 149 St-Grand Concourse.

(4) trains make all (5) stops between 149 St-Grand Concourse and Brooklyn Bridge.

For Fulton StWall St and Bowling Green, use nearby (R) stations at Cortlandt StRector St 

and Whitehall St.

shuttle_bus.png Buses make all stops between E 180 St and Dyre Av until 5 AM Mon, Apr 24.

• Transfer between (2) trains and shuttle_bus.png buses at E 180 St.

• Transfer between (2) and (4) trains at 149 St-Grand Concourse.

• Transfer between (4) and (R) trains at Lexington Av/59 St, 14 St-Union Sq or Canal St.

That means tomorrow, there will be no express service along Lexington Ave. 

It says special (M), (F), (Q) to/from 96th tho.

Note: No L.png service between Brooklyn and Manhattan during this time.

This should actually be done late nights permanently and 24/2 on weekends.    It would provide additional service late nights and weekends along 2nd Avenue when I suspect people looking to get to midtown and back would have more options.  

This should actually be done late nights permanently and 24/2 on weekends.    It would provide additional service late nights and weekends along 2nd Avenue when I suspect people looking to get to midtown and back would have more options.  

I would agree with this. It would also mean 24/7 service from Willamsburg to Midtown.

With the split  (4) G.O, we could see Westchester equipment on the southern  (4) but I think they should run additional  (6) service between 3 Av and Brooklyn Bridge instead. If Queens Blvd dosent have any G.Os occuring, would it makes sense to send the  (M) to Forest Hills. 

I actually think this will become a permanent thing because of how popular it's gonna become overtime when the (L) is down.

This is the move I was looking at originally as a permanent late night/weekend service.  The main reason I had been suggested the (M) being split into (M) and (T) (with the (T) becoming 24/7 between Metropolitan and 96th/2nd, supplementing the current (M) on weekdays and replacing the (M) on weekends) when the (L) is shut down has more to do with politics, as I suspect we will see elected officials on the UES want a 6th Avenue service to/from 96/2 at all times (not just late nights and weekends) in addition to the (Q).  

Note: No L.png service between Brooklyn and Manhattan during this time.Reminder: Late Night M.png service operates between Metropolitan Av and Myrtle Av._______________________________

It says special (M), (F), (Q) to/from 96th tho.

No. Read carefully. It says that the (M) is running to the Lex/63rd (F) station, then via the (Q) to 96th. The (F) and (Q) you see there are for identification puroses only.

• 2 weeks later...

(F) Coney Island-bound platforms at Avenue U and Avenue X remain closed for renovation

until Monday, May 8, 2017

For service to these stations, take the to Neptune Av and transfer to a Jamaica-bound (F) .

For service from these stations, take the to Kings Hwy and transfer to a Coney Island-bound (F) .

Um let's see....