R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had it my way I would just swap the R142s on the (2) for R62As. Unfortunately, the (2)(5) swap at Flatbush makes that plan unfeasible. At the end of the day though, I won't really mind as long as the AC works and the cars don't break down like the 42s and 32s on the (C)(J)(Z).

By the way, will the MTA be adding in those little strip maps for the R62A (6) like they had with the (7)? If not I already can hear the questions from tourists coming....

If I had it my way I would just swap the R142s on the (2) for R62As. Unfortunately, the (2)(5) swap at Flatbush makes that plan unfeasible. At the end of the day though, I won't really mind as long as the AC works and the cars don't break down like the 42s and 32s on the (C)(J)(Z).

By the way, will the MTA be adding in those little strip maps for the R62A (6) like they had with the (7)? If not I already can hear the questions from tourists coming....

The tourists can use the subway map in the car like R46, R42, R32, R68/A riders.

Using Tapatalk

Most likely next year Wectchster Yard will add them , they still have to make changes on the old strip maps that were gonna be on the R62As back in 2001 such as transfers and things like that , because remember strip maps did't get introduced till 2001 on the R62As, and by that time the R62As on the (6) were getting sent to the (7) , so it was the (1) and (7) to get them , and there was no point on putting the strip maps on the R62As on the (6) .

Edited by R62AR33

*raises hand*

(although true story: I was attempting to walk to TSQ and I ended up at the UN on accident, with a map in hand)

This sounds familiar.

In 2012, when I was in the city, I was at the 42nd Street - Times Square station with my family. We wanted a (Q) service for Ditmars Boulevard. One of the platforms said that Coney Island bound trains stopped there, we double checked the map and signage and at the opposite platform, which was shared with the (N) and (R) we got a Q service which was supposed to go to Ditmars but was actually going to Coney Island. I don't know if someone messed up the signage or if we didn't pay attention to what was written, but if in fact there were signs indicating that there was a cross-platform transfer between Ditmars and Coney Island bound trains should have been enough of a clue that something was wrong... not to mention the fact that the (Q) stopped at the wrong platform. :huh: Then again, I didn't know much about the subway back then.

What is this? Why aren't you guys on topic! Call the mods you guys are derailing the topic & its pissing me off because I'm the white knight of this site!... Any who does anyone know why the first 188 set was taken OOS? I heard Ntt's are taken OOS after 30 days of testing but what is the purpose?

What is this? Why aren't you guys on topic! Call the mods you guys are derailing the topic & its pissing me off because I'm the white knight of this site!... Any who does anyone know why the first 188 set was taken OOS? I heard Ntt's are taken OOS after 30 days of testing but what is the purpose?

It was/is out for a compressor problem it developed. And please don't be a white knight if you're not gonna search up the answer to your question beforehand.

Finally, someone sticking it to these wannabes.

TTC, it sucks coming from the other side, doesn't it.

We will have to wait and see how the NYPD investigation reveals as to why this happened. Not for nothing but people wishing to end their lives in such a gruesome manner (if that is the case and not accidental) disturbs me. Which was why the two times I saw passengers in need I intervened in a drastic way nearly putting myself at risk in the process in the spirit of being a good samaritan. I did stop someone from jumping the tracks on the (L) in Manhattan a couple of years ago now, in 2010, way before I joined this site.

Edited by realizm