R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the R142A's that get converted next get a clean inside. I don't want to see dim lighted cars with scratched up seats. I mean if you are going to call these trains R188's at least make them look new. Otherwise I would just say that Corona has R62A's R142A's and R188's.

i doubt its maintenance when alot of the R62As on the  (6)  <6> don't have Led lights anymore on them..  

All the cars I've seen have properly working LEDs, so I don't know what you're talking about. Now for the ones on the (7) , it seems they freeze every time they switch from local to express. A lot of the time at Times Square I see diamond and circle on at the same time.

I hope the R142A's that get converted next get a clean inside. I don't want to see dim lighted cars with scratched up seats. I mean if you are going to call these trains R188's at least make them look new. Otherwise I would just say that Corona has R62A's R142A's and R188's.

The converted cars are not R142A's since they have been "rebuilt" with the contract "R188". Remember, the number does not mean the model number, it means which contract it was built with.

All the cars I've seen have properly working LEDs, so I don't know what you're talking about. Now for the ones on the (7) , it seems they freeze every time they switch from local to express. A lot of the time at Times Square I see diamond and circle on at the same time.

The converted cars are not R142A's since they have been "rebuilt" with the contract "R188". Remember, the number does not mean the model number, it means which contract it was built with.

I understand what you mean but at the end of the day they still have R142A dirt and bodies. If it was going to be officially R188's why not just overhaul them like the R32's to R46's had back in 1990. Change the seats, lights almost everything. Once again this another instance where the (7) gets a majority of the hand me down's. The last order Corona had where brand new cars replaced the entire old fleet was back in 1964 with the R33 and R36's.

I understand what you mean but at the end of the day they still have R142A dirt and bodies. If it was going to be officially R188's why not just overhaul them like the R32's to R46's had back in 1990. Change the seats, lights almost everything. Once again this another instance where the (7) gets a majority of the hand me down's. The last order Corona had where brand new cars replaced the entire old fleet was back in 1964 with the R33 and R36's.

Well look at the R11s. When they came in, they were only able to run with themselves. They were rebuilt to run with the other SMEEs and they were technically called R34s.

It's more or less the same thing now

Edited by Fresh Pond

Great video!

I can't believe how fast all the R188s are coming in.

Get your pics of the R62A on the (7) before they are gone.

People still have about almost a year left for their R62A (7) pics , people should get their R142A (6) pics because once the (7) is 100% R188s next year it will be really hard to get an R142A on the (6).. and if u havent gotten ur R62A (6) pictures ull have till they retire for that lol

Edited by R62AR33