R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of Service. That was a simulation run with one of the newly built R188s. Should be 7811 to 7815 attached to 7816 to 7821. The sim run is usually done prior to the commencement of 30 day in service testing.

Tomorrow is likely the day it goes in service for the first time.

Out of Service. That was a simulation run with one of the newly built R188s. Should be 7811 to 7815 attached to 7816 to 7821. The sim run is usually done prior to the commencement of 30 day in service testing.

This was said many times but no R188's went into service.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........................................

This was said many times but no R188's went into service.

And many of times I stomped down on all of the "outside" speculation. Two and a half weeks ago I said I wasn't brave enough to say a week this would happened but I went with a conservative month and a half. We are taking about 3 weeks since that point til tomorrow or less. And that's based on the information on the ground.

Notice how I still only said "likely". Because plans can change but the plan as of now is to begin tomorrow.

Edited by RTOPRO

I'll hit up GC on the (7) on my lunch break tomorrow... :D

Thanks for the tip RTO!

Highly doubt it will due to the weekend G.O. There really isn't a clear date for their debut so we can't really speculate when they can enter service.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

And you're information about the need for a clear date is based on what exactly?

In fact it is MTA policy to avoid giving clear dates and/or deadlines to avoid having to explain why said deadline had to be extended. The G.O. has nothing to do with it. As a matter of fact a crew has been assigned to take the train out on an as need bases. If needed it's coming out of the yard. If not then it won't.

So the 188s are out, and I got fam in town that I have to meet in Sheepshead. I can A. be a foamer, run to the dollar van to Flushing, go to the (7) and be ridiculously late and piss off all my family, or B. get on the BM3, go down there on time and regret not going to the (7)...

JESUS WTF IS WRONG WITH ME? AM I SERIOUSLY THINKING ABOUT A?

Yes It's official The R188 are in service on the 7

Hells yea its official i was just on it. I was on car 7813 was a smooth ride to flushing and the strip map is from main st. to times square and on the strip map also has 7circle and diamond it has a light under it indicating local or express. I wasnt expecting to ride the R188 today i guess i was lucky.

So the 188s are out, and I got fam in town that I have to meet in Sheepshead. I can A. be a foamer, run to the dollar van to Flushing, go to the (7) and be ridiculously late and piss off all my family, or B. get on the BM3, go down there on time and regret not going to the (7)...

JESUS WTF IS WRONG WITH ME? AM I SERIOUSLY THINKING ABOUT A?

Not a foamer, but if you're seriously thinking about giving up free time to take the dollar van when you otherwise don't have to, you should really reconsider.

So basically, it was:

(A) Risk his life taking a Dollar Van to catch the R188.

(B) Be on time to see the fam.

Yeah. I don't blame you, I may have contemplated similar. If it runs tomorrow, I'll try to catch it then. It works since my plans are later in the day.

Not a foamer, but if you're seriously thinking about giving up free time to take the dollar van when you otherwise don't have to, you should really reconsider.

LOL

Nah the Chinatown Flushing vans are all good, gets me from my hood to there in 20 minutes flat for a quarter more than the train.

We already have two threads up... I bet at least 10 will be up by tonight.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/43288-the-r188-7-coming-to-a-station-near-you/

"The R188 (7), Coming to a station near you"

By Q23 Central Term

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/43289-the-great-growing-change-in-technology-the-all-new-r188/

"The Great Growing Change in Technology... The All New R188"

By yours truly ( :P )