Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The (J)(Z) are good candidates because they're almost entirely outside and ENY is used to dealing with older rolling stock. Remember, the Eastern Division was all R40s and R42s before the R143s and R160s came in. Of all non-shuttle B-division services, nothing else comes close to the percentage of outdoor time. Will they put a set on the (M)? I could see them doing so if they run out of spares, but it spends a lot of time inside.

That's because the line is 90% outside, they want all of them outside this year, the only people who would complain is the people from Jamaica center

Surprisingly they didn't complain at all

And I'm a rider who uses Jamaica Center everyday

The swap works well

If anything the Fulton riders complained once the R32s came back lol

The (J)(Z) are good candidates because they're almost entirely outside and ENY is used to dealing with older rolling stock. Remember, the Eastern Division was all R40s and R42s before the R143s and R160s came in. Of all non-shuttle B-division services, nothing else comes close to the percentage of outdoor time. Will they put a set on the (M)? I could see them doing so if they run out of spares, but it spends a lot of time inside.

I agree.Last year swap went really well..

Surprisingly they didn't complain at all

And I'm a rider who uses Jamaica Center everyday

The swap works well

If anything the Fulton riders complained once the R32s came back lol

I heard a shitload of complaints from Jamaica riders, and I was on the line just about every other day in the summer. It's all anecdotal. On the whole, it's safe to say that nobody likes the old fleet. 

Except the buffs obviously. Alas, it is what it is. I will be glad when they're gone though. They have been workhorses over their lives, but as of late, we have to keep accommodating them so they don't crap out while in service.