Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Richard Lewis 1 said:

I Rode R42 (J) (Z) On last year For Rush Hour ago

5 minutes ago, Richard Lewis 1 said:

It's true Arrived in Kings Highway And Go Back For Rush Hour..

6 minutes ago, Richard Lewis 1 said:

Yea I Think R46 (F) Train AM Rush At 7AM And 9AM Back To Kings Highway And PM Rush 3:30PM And 7PM Back To Kings Highway Again. I Gonna Catch it Soon..

You could have consolidated these posts

12 minutes ago, Richard Lewis 1 said:

Y? I just checking.....I love R46 (F) Train I Miss R46... But I can join To Make Sure...I Just Checking

but you can express ur thoughts in one post rather than sending several messages at a time. spamming gets annoying and is frowned upon by the mods. 

if you want to express your opinions/thoughts just do them in one post as opposed to this.

10 hours ago, SubwayFan3000 said:

I Miss R160 (N)(W) Trains

I kinda enjoy the R46 N. I live on the west end, but if I have extra time before school, I walk to 86 St to watch them leave the yard and crawl into 86 St. Then see the poster/ads crew swap out old ads with new ones. Through this, I learned that contractors replace ads (at least some of the time), which absolutely boggles the mind, but I guess the MTA has bigger fish to fry. The only downside to the R46 N's is that it no longer feels as special to catch the R68 N (which I haven't seen in forever anyway, does the N still have an R68? And is/was it an R68 or R68A? I still can't tell the difference without being told).

15 minutes ago, YungMarxian said:

I kinda enjoy the R46 N. I live on the west end, but if I have extra time before school, I walk to 86 St to watch them leave the yard and crawl into 86 St. Then see the poster/ads crew swap out old ads with new ones. Through this, I learned that contractors replace ads (at least some of the time), which absolutely boggles the mind, but I guess the MTA has bigger fish to fry. The only downside to the R46 N's is that it no longer feels as special to catch the R68 N (which I haven't seen in forever anyway, does the N still have an R68? And is/was it an R68 or R68A? I still can't tell the difference without being told).

The easiest and fastest way to remember and tell the difference between an R68 and an R68A are their car numbers. All R68s have car numbers starting with 2xxx and all R68As have numbers starting with 5xxx, and yes, I've seen several R68s on the (N) recently.

Edited by Tonyboy515

5 hours ago, Shore El Express said:

There are still quite a few left

"Quite a few" is a bit of a stretch. Most of the 160's left at CI are used on the on (Q) The other day on the (N) line my partner asked the dispatcher if we would get 'lucky' and he laughed right in our faces. There was nothing but 46's on the road. 

@MarkGuy Thanks! I'm just as confused as you are it still hasn't sunk in fully haha. 

1 minute ago, Jchambers2120 said:

"Quite a few" is a bit of a stretch. Most of the 160's left at CI are used on the on (Q) The other day on the (N) line my partner asked the dispatcher if we would get 'lucky' and he laughed right in our faces. There was nothing but 46's on the road. 

@MarkGuy Thanks! I'm just as confused as you are it still hasn't sunk in fully haha. 

From the operator/conductor perspective, is the 46 less enjoyable to operate than the 160?

19 minutes ago, YungMarxian said:

From the operator/conductor perspective, is the 46 less enjoyable to operate than the 160?

As a conductor absolutely. There's the obvious of not having to make announcements, along with the local recycle NTT's have, the adjustable seat and there's more leg room along with a bigger window which for me at 6'2 is important. I've banged my head many times on the R46's. 

With that said the R46's are the best SMEE equipment, or atleast my favorite to work on in the B div they're not terrible trains, but overall I'd take a R160 any day of the week. The R143's are hands down my favorite trains to work out of both divisions.

2 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Glad to see you're liking them.

1 hour ago, Jchambers2120 said:

As a conductor absolutely. There's the obvious of not having to make announcements, along with the local recycle NTT's have, the adjustable seat and there's more leg room along with a bigger window which for me at 6'2 is important. I've banged my head many times on the R46's. 

With that said the R46's are the best SMEE equipment, or atleast my favorite to work on in the B div they're not terrible trains, but overall I'd take a R160 any day of the week. The R143's are hands down my favorite trains to work out of both divisions.

Which cars were the absolute worst to work on (including now-retired ones)?