Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, verygary said:

so many R68's on the brighton line today

literally full of them, jam packed, on a weekend

Must be an beautiful sight. Just like the 90s and early to mid 2000s! R46 (F) and (R) train recently became a thing of the past but 68s on the Brighton Local is back.. at least one aspect of my childhood is back lol

3 hours ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

So many Siemens (R) trains out today. I’m not used to it.

I think they are split between three lines ((E)(F)(R)). So whatever amount shows up on the (R) one day is random depending on how many run on the (E) and (F) lines that same day. Someone correct me if I am wrong...

3 hours ago, verygary said:

so many R68's on the brighton line today

literally full of them, jam packed, on a weekend

2 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Must be an beautiful sight. Just like the 90s and early to mid 2000s! R46 (F) and (R) train recently became a thing of the past but 68s on the Brighton Local is back.. at least one aspect of my childhood is back lol

It really did feel kind of like a mid 2000s throwback, really more like 2007 when the R160s only first began to sprinkle the (Q) fleet... except for the R46s.
This is what I counted in total today (There obviously might have been more than I counted) on the (Q):
7 R46 (Including the single train that ran as a shuttle from Brighton to Coney Island due to a GO)
3 R68 (2 in a row even...)
2 R160B

I got on one R46 to Brighton, and back on an R68. Feels weird to think that this is the new norm again.

1 hour ago, Tonyboy515 said:

It really did feel kind of like a mid 2000s throwback, really more like 2007 when the R160s only first began to sprinkle the (Q) fleet... except for the R46s.
This is what I counted in total today (There obviously might have been more than I counted) on the (Q):
7 R46 (Including the single train that ran as a shuttle from Brighton to Coney Island due to a GO)
3 R68 (2 in a row even...)
2 R160B

I got on one R46 to Brighton, and back on an R68. Feels weird to think that this is the new norm again.

(Q) has 22 rolling stock trains not 12

8 hours ago, Coney Island Av said:

3488-89, 3654-55, 3448-49, 3708-09, and 3672-73 have been running on the (A) a lot for the past few days this week. 

Whom ever made up that rumor about the R32’s being down to 80 cars is a tool. The consists listed on the so called retired list are IN SERVICE as I type. I operated in them. 3894/3895 etc!

5 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Any time I see an R68 train on the (Q), it really feels like a throwback. I remember riding them there on a regular basis back then.

3 hours ago, Snorunts said:

I think they are split between three lines ((E)(F)(R)). So whatever amount shows up on the (R) one day is random depending on how many run on the (E) and (F) lines that same day. Someone correct me if I am wrong...

I would be surprised if they don’t split the Siemens cars between all three lines. It’s not like there are fewer door openings and longer dwell times like with the R46s.

Okay. I’m just wondering something. 

I love trains as much as anyone that isn’t a common person. I was excited seeing the new HRTs and LRTs LA has and is getting, I had to contain my excitement seeing the old deep tube stock and the Bombardier S8’s in London, and the trams in Paris made me happy I stayed in Clichy instead of some other arrondisement (This hotel, by the Boulevard Periphique, if you’re interested.).

And of course, all the NTTs are better than everything else (NYCT) runs today.

And I was the same way about buses when I saw the new Routemasters and Mercedes models in London and the Renault/Irisbus Agora in Paris. And when the Orion V models here and back home in Sacramento were retired.

I didn’t moan or lose my faculties over any of it. 

So I’m wondering why that’s happening here - since the R211s are going to be produced, and the R179s are still being delivered - both in the next few years. Is this a NYer thing? Because it seems like these things of metal and electrics are causing a lot of “fights” and snipes.

Help me understand?

1 hour ago, Deucey said:

Okay. I’m just wondering something. 

I love trains as much as anyone that isn’t a common person. I was excited seeing the new HRTs and LRTs LA has and is getting, I had to contain my excitement seeing the old deep tube stock and the Bombardier S8’s in London, and the trams in Paris made me happy I stayed in Clichy instead of some other arrondisement (This hotel, by the Boulevard Periphique, if you’re interested.).

And of course, all the NTTs are better than everything else (NYCT) runs today.

And I was the same way about buses when I saw the new Routemasters and Mercedes models in London and the Renault/Irisbus Agora in Paris. And when the Orion V models here and back home in Sacramento were retired.

I didn’t moan or lose my faculties over any of it. 

So I’m wondering why that’s happening here - since the R211s are going to be produced, and the R179s are still being delivered - both in the next few years. Is this a NYer thing? Because it seems like these things of metal and electrics are causing a lot of “fights” and snipes.

Help me understand?

The HR4000 looks so good!

I Wish that we could have that seating configuration at our trains though.

2 hours ago, VIP said:

Whom ever made up that rumor about the R32’s being down to 80 cars is a tool. The consists listed on the so called retired list are IN SERVICE as I type. I operated in them. 3894/3895 etc!

Wow. So with that being said, there's still over 100 of them running right?

3 hours ago, subway4832 said:

Wow. So with that being said, there's still over 100 of them running right?

@Calvin is correct and yes there’s about 108 cars that are active. There’s been a few cars that have been stripped for parts indeed. I’m going to leave y’all with a hint. 3381 doesn’t have rollsigns... carry on. ;)

13 hours ago, SubwayFan3000 said:

(Q) has 22 rolling stock trains not 12

I counted only for the time I was on the line, it doesn't mean I had the time to get to all of the trains as I stated (there obviously were more trains) in my last post.