R32 Retirement Run

nightmare402

3 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Oh... that person. His whole channel shut down as of today.... What a complete douchebag. This goes to show which morons you have working for transit.

If we're talking about the same person(s), as of this typing, their YouTube channel(s) did not get shut down...let me know.

58 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Who are we talking about?

If I "think" it's the same person, I would not mind doing the honors...let me know.

Edited by +Young+

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

If we're talking about the same person, as of this typing, his YouTube channel did not get shut down...let me know.

If I "think" it's the same person, I would not mind doing the honors...let me know.

......So, uh, do you guys actually have solid, concrete evidence for the guy's supposed crime against humanity? Or are we gonna start banning people because they're supposedly a "fame-hungry douchebag"?

Remind me again, what exactly is his crime anyway?

Edited by +Young+

4 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Oh... that person. His whole channel shut down as of today.... What a complete douchebag. This goes to show which morons you have working for transit.

Only the Discord server is locked indefinitely, from what I noticed.

What went down at 145 in the afternoon made me feel so bad, especially when I read through the general tab of the server on my way back home before it was locked. I tried to be as respectful as I could, I had my mask on and I was looking forward to get on the holiday interval. Now I do not know if I could even call myself a railfan, given how I grew up next to the (4) train and was looking forward to just be in the middle cab one day.

5 hours ago, Biggie said:

Yesterdays event was disgrace to this community and New York City Transit. All I'm going to say is this... There were a few isolated incidents that contribute to this generation of fanners being a hot mess, BUT a lot of the main issues that occurred on board stem from the captain of that ship and his first mate. The general superintendent and one of the C/Rs who poorly planned this trip, knew this exactly would happen, and worst of all took their personal drama on board which blew into chaos. Most may have no clue who I'm talking about but the C/R is veryyy hungry for fame and has a huge YT channel which is more important to him than his career and the safety of his passengers. And his best friend that supt who bails him out of every issue he brings to himself by igniting railfan flame wars which start from his discord server or his inner circle..

Calling it a disgrace is not just an understatement. It just made me feel so bad about what went down, and I know the conductor that you speak of @Biggie. It is one thing to have a YouTube channel and be famous from it, but it is a different matter entirely when a career and passenger safety seems to come second.

Edited by 4 via Mosholu

2 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Please do, because I’m lost.

I'll send you a Private Message (PM) within the next couple of days, based on what else unfolds as a result of what happened on Sunday and the remaining Sundays, regardless if I'm there in person or not.

Edited by +Young+

4 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

That idiot that got kicked off the train by employees is a total disgrace to civil railfans and disrespectful to the employees. If it doesn’t return I wouldn’t even be upset. I feel bad for the crew who had to put up with that mess. 

The dude wasn’t even a fan, it was a homeless person.

This whole thing was a mess, but we do need some basic reasoning and responsible fact-checking. This whole thing was bad on like, a 5/10 level. At this point everybody in this community seems to relish the drama of it / the righteousness of being mad, but we don't need to make it out to be a terrorist attack on the tracks. A few notes and lessons:

1) The guy kicked off the train clearly had some sort of mental issues. The security handled that TERRIBLY, and that's what you get when you hire cheap security. Huge mistake putting them in MTA vests and creating the bad optics. Shouldn't be done again. But not obvious to me this counts as a 'buff problem,' or even that this was exclusive to the fan trip.

2) No way in hell those missing map sections were 'stolen.' Clearly they had been removed from the cars beforehand, which makes perfect sense, since the TA likely needed spare parts and the 32s were mothballed for months. You guys really think the kids on there brought powerdrills and carried a 30 x 30 steel frame off the train without anybody looking? Not reasonable. 

3) The rollsign changing, etc. is stupid and annoying, but not a safety risk, and not worth writing home about. These are already special trips, and unlike NYTM cars where the rolls are extremely valuable vellum or historic printings, 32 rollsigns are dime a dozen. They're not going to tear, because mylar doesn't tear unless it's pinched at an angle, but even if they did, not a huge deal. 

4) Whatever the vaping thing was, whatever. Find the kid, hold him and give him a summons at the next station. But to be totally frank, that's no worse than most of the BS that goes down on a Harlem-bound train midday these days. Could have been worse substances than that.

5) What they do need to do is enforce mask-wearing better. This is a huge covid risk, it was obvious given the timing that there would be multiple covid cases on the train, and there were. I'll be going for the outdoor portion of this trip, but I'm not cramming myself in a contained space with a bunch of people screaming with masks on their chins.

These trips can and should continue. Everybody involved needs to behave better next time (fans, private security, etc.), but it would be a mistake to scrap this plan for some relatively minor hijinks.

Edited by MHV9218

19 hours ago, Biggie said:

Yep it's confirmed, now lots of people have to go get tested due to a very high exposure risk.

Well I got tested for Covid today because I was at a Retirement Party last Thursday and I heard that one of the attendees just got diagnosed with it.  I also was on the R32 train, so in effect I killed 2 birds with one stone!  I'll get my results in 24-48 hours.  Waited outside in this cool, damp weather for 90 minutes

7 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

This whole thing was a mess, but we do need some basic reasoning and responsible fact-checking. This whole thing was bad on like, a 5/10 level. At this point everybody in this community seems to relish the drama of it / the righteousness of being mad, but we don't need to make it out to be a terrorist attack on the tracks. A few notes and lessons:

1) The guy kicked off the train clearly had some sort of mental issues. The security handled that TERRIBLY, and that's what you get when you hire cheap security. Huge mistake putting them in MTA vests and creating the bad optics. Shouldn't be done again. But not obvious to me this counts as a 'buff problem,' or even that this was exclusive to the fan trip.

2) No way in hell those missing map sections were 'stolen.' Clearly they had been removed from the cars beforehand, which makes perfect sense, since the TA likely needed spare parts and the 32s were mothballed for months. You guys really think the kids on there brought powerdrills and carried a 30 x 30 steel frame off the train without anybody looking? Not reasonable. 

3) The rollsign changing, etc. is stupid and annoying, but not a safety risk, and not worth writing home about. These are already special trips, and unlike NYTM cars where the rolls are extremely valuable vellum or historic printings, 32 rollsigns are dime a dozen. They're not going to tear, because mylar doesn't tear unless it's pinched at an angle, but even if they did, not a huge deal. 

4) Whatever the vaping thing was, whatever. Find the kid, hold him and give him a summons at the next station. But to be totally frank, that's no worse than most of the BS that goes down on a Harlem-bound train midday these days. Could have been worse substances than that.

5) What they do need to do is enforce mask-wearing better. This is a huge covid risk, it was obvious given the timing that there would be multiple covid cases on the train, and there were. I'll be going for the outdoor portion of this trip, but I'm not cramming myself in a contained space with a bunch of people screaming with masks on their chins.

These trips can and should continue. Everybody involved needs to behave better next time (fans, private security, etc.), but it would be a mistake to scrap this plan for some relatively minor hijinks.

I feel the farewell trips should and will continue.  Last Sunday there weren't many families (etc.) because they were getting ready for Christmas.  Next week, that crowd should be there.  There has been great publicity for this: in newspapers, radio and TV.  On the R1/9 trips in the past, we didn't have the problems we just had because the kids couldn't run thru the train because the train was so crowded.  I expect the same in future weekends.  I also expect NYCT Property Protection personnel on the train to provide security, not those Mall Cops from Allied Security.

I realize the reason why they put us off the train at Second Ave, and one-four-five.  For me personally, who has a hard time walking & standing and in pain while doing so, I had a tough day because of having to stand on the platform and walking down 2 flights of stairs at one-four-five.  Thank God the up escalator was working.  Pound on me if you want, and you are fully justified in doing so, I even tried to "pull rank" by telling the c/r and ready to show my pass, that I was a retiree to stay on the train, but I was getting no special treatment!  I couldn't blame him because if he allows one person to stay on the train, he has to let everybody stay on.  Moving forward (I hate that term!!!) they'll probably continue to discharge the train at terminals for the following 3 weeks.  In my case, due to a disease called "Neuropathy" I have in both feet while using a cane, that very well will limit my time at the event.  And so it goes. There are lots of things I would like to do in my life, but I just can't do it anymore. That's God's plan for me and I accept it.  It's going to really be fun at Brighton Beach on Jan. 9th waiting on that freezing, windy platform for the doors to re-open!

2 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

I feel the farewell trips should and will continue.  Last Sunday there weren't many families (etc.) because they were getting ready for Christmas.  Next week, that crowd should be there.  There has been great publicity for this: in newspapers, radio and TV.  On the R1/9 trips in the past, we didn't have the problems we just had because the kids couldn't run thru the train because the train was so crowded.  I expect the same in future weekends.  I also expect NYCT Property Protection personnel on the train to provide security, not those Mall Cops from Allied Security.

I realize the reason why they put us off the train at Second Ave, and one-four-five.  For me personally, who has a hard time walking & standing and in pain while doing so, I had a tough day because of having to stand on the platform and walking down 2 flights of stairs at one-four-five.  Thank God the up escalator was working.  Pound on me if you want, and you are fully justified in doing so, I even tried to "pull rank" by telling the c/r and ready to show my pass, that I was a retiree to stay on the train, but I was getting no special treatment!  I couldn't blame him because if he allows one person to stay on the train, he has to let everybody stay on.  Moving forward (I hate that term!!!) they'll probably continue to discharge the train at terminals for the following 3 weeks.  In my case, due to a disease called "Neuropathy" I have in both feet while using a cane, that very well will limit my time at the event.  And so it goes. There are lots of things I would like to do in my life, but I just can't do it anymore. That's God's plan for me and I accept it.  It's going to really be fun at Brighton Beach on Jan. 9th waiting on that freezing, windy platform for the doors to re-open!

You still have your dignity. You retired and still have your life, while some stay around until they don’t have there dignity after retirement. It might be hard but you can still go out as you did. Don’t let anything stop you, enjoy your life and i salute you for your years of service in public transportation. 

On 12/20/2021 at 10:12 PM, +Young+ said:

I'll send you a Private Message (PM) within the next couple of days, based on what else unfolds as a result of what happened on Sunday and the remaining Sundays, regardless if I'm there in person or not.

I just sent the Private Message. Feel free to send me a reply when you folks get a chance.

On 12/20/2021 at 10:03 PM, GojiMet86 said:

......So, uh, do you guys actually have solid, concrete evidence? Or are we gonna start banning people because they're supposedly a "fame-hungry douchebag"?

Although I modified your quote, as I look at this picture, which comes from Flickr, why is it that there is only one person displaying his red TA pass around his neck, while everyone else in the picture does not have their TA passes displayed? (Hint: He's standing on the right side, in front of the gentlemen wearing the older TA vest.)

5 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

I just sent the Private Message. Feel free to send me a reply when you folks get a chance.

Although I modified your quote, as I look at this picture, which comes from Flickr, why is it that there is only one person displaying his red TA pass around his neck, while everyone else in the picture does not have their TA passes displayed? (Hint: He's standing on the right side, in front of the gentlemen wearing the older TA vest.)

And what? Exactly what is he doing wrong? What is that supposed to mean?

You need your moderator status revoked. Seriously.

27 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

And what? Exactly what is he doing wrong? What is that supposed to mean?

You need your moderator status revoked. Seriously.

As far as your questions are concerned, see below, which is self-explanatory, especially when it comes to "fame-hungry douchebag."

Or are we gonna start banning people because they're supposedly a "fame-hungry douchebag"?

And if my Moderator status does get revoked because of this, I would not mind personally revoking these handouts on my Flickr page, and these videos which are on my YouTube channel which have helped so many other people on this website. After all, "treat others the way you want to be treated," right? In addition, weren't you folks looking for concrete evidence, regardless of how old the image is?

And if you don't believe me with the quote, then I really wonder why the R32s were pulled out-of-service so early on Sunday, compared to making all of their scheduled trips?

Edited by +Young+

4 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

As far as your questions are concerned, see below, which is self-explanatory, especially when it comes to "fame-hungry douchebag."

And if my Moderator status does get revoked because of this, I would not mind personally revoking these handouts on my Flickr page, and these videos which are on my YouTube channel which have helped so many other people on this website. After all, "treat others the way you want to be treated," right? In addition, weren't you folks looking for concrete evidence, regardless of how old the image is?

And if you don't believe me with the quote, then I really wonder why the R32s were pulled out-of-service so early on Sunday, compared to making all of their scheduled trips?

It couldn't have been the wild behavior of dozens of other people, right?

Again, what is his crime? Did he physically assault people? Did he threaten people? What are his actual infractions? Last I recall, having a YT channel does not break the rules of this forum.

Or are we gonna start banning people because they're supposedly a "fame-hungry douchebag"?

I was just trying to answer your question above, especially with the last three words you wrote. That's all.

32 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

It couldn't have been the wild behavior of dozens of other people, right?

Again, what is his crime? Did he physically assault people? Did he threaten people? What are his actual infractions? Last I recall, having a YT channel does not break the rules of this forum.

On 12/20/2021 at 8:14 PM, BreeddekalbL said:

Now I heard there were people running around with covid on the trip

People running around who tested positive for COVID is just stupid..

Now the thing is was they tested after the trip? Doubt it..

So they knew they had it yet still showed up that shows the mentality of those types of people...

If folks was masked up then eff those fools who was positive, masking up in close environments is the safest way regardless if one is vaxxed or not...