R32 Retirement Run

nightmare402

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

What a mess. I’m planning to attend the 2nd and 3rd trips (if they happen). I hope things are more orderly in the next Farewell trips

That may take a long time, R46s are next and running but may happen around 2023 or so 

4 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

So are all the future trips cancelled?

From what I heard, no. Seems they'll operate it next week if they can get everything in order.

19 minutes ago, R10 2952 said:

Nobody saw this coming, eh?

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Something tells me Carlin would be truly terrified of the foamers these days.

6 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

So are all the future trips cancelled?

It’s looking like it. The crews reported that they feel unsafe. This is a huge problem. Now I’m completely mortified by the behavior of the unruly “fans” and absolutely disgusted by how much equipment they have and no one ever thought to report or confiscate. December 19th was a total and utter EMBARRASSMENT of the transit fan community. And if you were participating in immature, senseless vandalism, or outright cries for attention by being loud and obnoxious; just know Myself and others are now watching you with a microscope. And please for the love of life, go outside, play sports, read a book, get into dating. It’s absolutely- Borderline mental disorder that some of these “train buffs” or “railfans” have a “love” for trains but are destructive in the same sense. I’m absolutely embarrassed by today’s shenanigans! 

12 minutes ago, VIP said:

It’s looking like it. The crews reported that they feel unsafe. This is a huge problem. Now I’m completely mortified by the behavior of the unruly “fans” and absolutely disgusted by how much equipment they have and no one ever thought to report or confiscate. December 19th was a total and utter EMBARRASSMENT of the transit fan community. And if you were participating in immature, senseless vandalism, or outright cries for attention by being loud and obnoxious; just know Myself and others are now watching you with a microscope. And please for the love of life, go outside, play sports, read a book, get into dating. It’s absolutely- Borderline mental disorder that some of these “train buffs” or “railfans” have a “love” for trains but are destructive in the same sense. I’m absolutely embarrassed by today’s shenanigans! 

It's pretty sad that the NYTM gave an opportunity for people to catch the ride on these special subway cars (R32s) just for them to have an unknown decision to continue to run them or not. I've seen a few that were calm and respectful that he had a scale model of this subway car as his favorite train that served NYC for over 58 years. Now, because of some bad apples, it's ruined. To the bad apples, the disruptive ones ought to have a sack of coal b/c of what happened. 

To that last part, or go out to watch a movie in the theater if vaccinated or renting a movie. Spiderman is something that showed a special subway car that they missed out on. 

Edited by Calvin

13 minutes ago, VIP said:

A lot of these fans having keys to sh!t they shouldn’t have came from the conquesters era where shit hit the fan. 

A lot of these fans also Blatantly post pictures of the stuff they steal, yet when it’s reported to TA they look the other way.

8 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

What's crazy is the transit hobby is a "nerdy" hobby yet this hobby has so many people that misbehave. As an 30 year old millenial, growing up in school the nerds were well behaved and it was usually the cool kids with the edge to them. Wonder with these Gen Z kids that even the nerds are wilding out these days.

Extra police presence needed for an event for such an nerdy hobby, feels crazy even typing that lol.

These aren't Nerds, These are f**king low life thugs that belong in f**king jail.

Every god damn trip there was an incident, Couldn't even f**king enjoy the damn train.

But The reason why these f**king animals do what they do is because their parents and our politicians make f**king excuses for these a**holes.

Boot camp needs to be mandatory for these Bastards.    

3 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

These aren't Nerds, These are f**king low life thugs that belong in f**king jail.

Every god damn trip there was an incident, Couldn't even f**king enjoy the damn train.

But The reason why these f**king animals do what they do is because their parents and our politicians make f**king excuses for these a**holes.

Boot camp needs to be mandatory for these Bastards.    

Too easy! 

I’m certain that everyone is tired of these foamers ruining it for the rest of us and giving the Transit Community a bad name. And come to think of it, that is a trend with every trip… do these kids have nothing better to do?

Just saw that one of the seats on the R32s were cracked... NEVER did I see a seat cracked like that

How the hell do you crack a seat like that... what the hell were people doing on them

And these people wants to work for the (MTA) in the future?

Edited by Mtatransit

19 hours ago, Fan Railer said:

This is an embarrassment. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that this was United Airlines lol. The Transit Museum should be proud of the way their hired muscle shoved people around on the train today. Completely unprofessional.

It's Allied Universal. What do you expect? Quality?

19 minutes ago, LTA1992 said:

It's Allied Universal. What do you expect? Quality?

On top of that, word is that they're gonna lose the contract they had for this event. They apparently assaulted/manhandled someone from MTA HQ.

Edited by Cait Sith

39 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Yesterdays event was disgrace to this community and New York City Transit. All I'm going to say is this... There were a few isolated incidents that contribute to this generation of fanners being a hot mess, BUT a lot of the main issues that occurred on board stem from the captain of that ship and his first mate. The general superintendent and one of the C/Rs who poorly planned this trip, knew this exactly would happen, and worst of all took their personal drama on board which blew into chaos. Most may have no clue who I'm talking about but the C/R is veryyy hungry for fame and has a huge YT channel which is more important to him than his career and the safety of his passengers. And his best friend that supt who bails him out of every issue he brings to himself by igniting railfan flame wars which start from his discord server or his inner circle..

Sounds like someone is a little envious......

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Yesterdays event was disgrace to this community and New York City Transit. All I'm going to say is this... There were a few isolated incidents that contribute to this generation of fanners being a hot mess, BUT a lot of the main issues that occurred on board stem from the captain of that ship and his first mate. The general superintendent and one of the C/Rs who poorly planned this trip, knew this exactly would happen, and worst of all took their personal drama on board which blew into chaos. Most may have no clue who I'm talking about but the C/R is veryyy hungry for fame and has a huge YT channel which is more important to him than his career and the safety of his passengers. And his best friend that supt who bails him out of every issue he brings to himself by igniting railfan flame wars which start from his discord server or his inner circle..

Oh... that person. His whole channel shut down as of today.... What a complete douchebag. This goes to show which morons you have working for transit.

There's certain people who work in TA that has ego and they let it get to their head. When you are a (MTA) employee connecting with these clowns you are just as part of the problem as anyone else but lets not just point the finger to one individual when you also have others who also works for TA doing similar things.

There's a lot of things in this community that need to be called out. 

A lot of people in this community including people on here need to be aware of their past before they start running their mouth.

There's A lot of Things I know about a good chunk of people in this community that has done the most heinous acts but yet people give them free passes. This is why I have been staying away from certain people and have been rolling on my own.  

Edited by R32 3838

On 12/19/2021 at 4:30 PM, NBTA said:

Yeah, someone got thrown off the train, it was weird, and a confusing day down there.

Thrown off the Train???? What??? :blink:...Thats what we come to with subway cars..Exactly why i dont attend stuff like that...I rode those R32s so much that ill live with  my farewell Trip when it was still operating on the (A)(C)....Just unbelivable the behavior ppl  (young or older) display when ppl like the(MTA) does stuff to have ppl revisit history...