MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

4985: was at East New York, now to Ulmer Park

What is it with ENY losing their RTS? It doesn't make any sense. Their XD40 order is complete and their NovaBus LFS order is about to be complete so if anyone can help me, please break it down for me so I can understand

What is it with ENY losing their RTS? It doesn't make any sense. Their XD40 order is complete and their NovaBus LFS order is about to be complete so if anyone can help me, please break it down for me so I can understand

the 1997 batch are moved (from 9400s to 9600s) to either scrap or other depots, for example, Queens Village. The ones that Ulmer Park received are the ones kicking out the 1997 units and East New York has extra buses so, the leftover is at Ulmer Park to replace the older units

Edited by Calvin

Not only is that a new front stripe, but that's also an entirely new coat of paint. 8090's first paintjob didn't have the gap between the blue and black paint. The mirrors also had no clearance stickers.

That's either a bus professionally repainted at Nova (hard to imagine, because 8090 was in service at ENY just two days ago), or, my personal guess, a brand new bus also numbered 8090. It could be the same situation as the multiple 6365s.

Not only is that a new front stripe, but that's also an entirely new coat of paint. 8090's first paintjob didn't have the gap between the blue and black paint. The mirrors also had no clearance stickers.

That's either a bus professionally repainted at Nova (hard to imagine, because 8090 was in service at ENY just two days ago), or, my personal guess, a brand new bus also numbered 8090. It could be the same situation as the multiple 6365s.

Now this is really weird. But if this is true.

The swap should begin soon.

Now this is really weird. But if this is true.

The swap should begin soon.

I really think it's a new bus. It would be almost impossible to turn a new paintjob around that fast. I also don't see the prominent camera at the front window that 8090 came with. This bus has the newer camera from later in the order.

Could you explain the 6365 situation for me please?

And yeah this one is interesting for sure. We'll all be watching.

Could you explain the 6365 situation for me please?

And yeah this one is interesting for sure. We'll all be watching.

Multiple iterations of 6365 were delivered, just as multiple versions of 7560 were delivered. You can spot the differences in some photos from the Bronx where the hybrid tested; the front fasica is different, and there are some subtle changes around the bus. It went back to Orion after some months.

Here's one of the 6365 buses (not the one that stayed). All photo right to Trevor Logan Jr.

NYCB_Orion_6365.jpg

8252-8267, 8269 in at Yukon.

Edited by MHV9218

Time to update that roster... 

Ahem ( <_<)... 

https://sites.google.com/site/nycbuses/

it will be updated soon, be patient

3362 is at FR, it's on the QM17. In fact, I don't think it was ever at SC.

it might be a loaner (before), sometimes Spring Creek gives a MCI to Far Rockaway b/c of shortage, sometimes it's needed or not (moved back and forth for example, 3229)

8252-8267, 8269 in at Yukon.

that's correct ;) , with 8268

*8091 is a newcomer instead of East New York, to Jamaica

-2639 delivered and In-Service at Meredith Depot

I really think it's a new bus. It would be almost impossible to turn a new paintjob around that fast. I also don't see the prominent camera at the front window that 8090 came with. This bus has the newer camera from later in the order.

I wonder if it did service this afternoon because I tried to find it on tracker and it didn't show up.