MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

1 hour ago, Cait Sith said:

From what I understand, they're going to be doing wildcat runs, so extra buses are needed.

Interesting. Sounds like wishful thinking in terms of demand... seems like half the Bronx is still trying to figure out what the hell happened. I know they announced everything online months ago, but half the riders on Bronx local buses are old people with flip phones who don't speak English as a first language. Announcing everything on Twitter doesn't exactly help them.

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Interesting. Sounds like wishful thinking in terms of demand... seems like half the Bronx is still trying to figure out what the hell happened. I know they announced everything online months ago, but half the riders on Bronx local buses are old people with flip phones who don't speak English as a first language. Announcing everything on Twitter doesn't exactly help them.

Don't blame it on the old people.  It's everybody.  Transit can do all the outreach in the world.  They can put posters on the buses in every language including Pig Latin.  They can have ambassadors riding every bus giving out a brochure to every entering passenger (who enters thru the front door) and they still won't get it because they all feel it doesn't apply to them.  So don't blame the old people with their flip phones.  There is plenty of "blame" to go around.  I'm 69 and I do not have a flip phone.  And I'm old going on ancient.

15 minutes ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

Don't blame it on the old people.  It's everybody.  Transit can do all the outreach in the world.  They can put posters on the buses in every language including Pig Latin.  They can have ambassadors riding every bus giving out a brochure to every entering passenger (who enters thru the front door) and they still won't get it because they all feel it doesn't apply to them.  So don't blame the old people with their flip phones.  There is plenty of "blame" to go around.  I'm 69 and I do not have a flip phone.  And I'm old going on ancient.

Hey, I don't blame the old people with flip phones, I blame Transit for not planning a way to reach the old people with flip phones. It was the same story when they took down posted timetables at bus stops and replaced it with a QR code to scan, which in my eyes was just a terrible idea and took away a ton of useful information from riders. Sometimes your phone dies, sometimes you don't have one, etc. But you're right, there's also a wall they hit here, which is people just ignoring the notices until it happens.

13 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Hey, I don't blame the old people with flip phones, I blame Transit for not planning a way to reach the old people with flip phones. It was the same story when they took down posted timetables at bus stops and replaced it with a QR code to scan, which in my eyes was just a terrible idea and took away a ton of useful information from riders. Sometimes your phone dies, sometimes you don't have one, etc. But you're right, there's also a wall they hit here, which is people just ignoring the notices until it happens.

Again, there is no doubt in my mind that transit reached out to all people, even those who use Smart Phones, who still don't get it. My point it's not only the old people who don't know what's going on.

5 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Is the Tuskegee part still true?  BusTime is showing Mother Hale buses (9572, 9580), even at this hour. 

Actually, because the M125 is occupied to Tuskegee Airmen Depot. They can't handle any more routes (weekday rush hours with not enough leftover units) so, MCH for the weekdays, its run are out of MCH except late nights. The artic and standard fleet are shared. 

If it was before without the new M125 at Tuskegee and the old segment at KB, then the M35 will still be at MCH/TU shared. 

Edited by Calvin