MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QV only has 4472,4477, and 4479. Stop all these lies. Stengal is short buses so 4472 4477 9376 and 9624 were loaned to them. Jamaica has 8045-8046, 8050-8052,8060,8069-8071 and few others probably.

I saw 4461 on the yesterday Q88 and later on the Q27 doing that school tripper unless that was just a 1 day thing. Maybe CS didn't have buses and JA assisted for that day. It reminds me of the time I saw an LFSA on the Q17/Q88 last year on the school tripper.

From bus chat 4964 is now at the GA depot it was seen on the B-57

Wow so EN is losing some 4900's so far. No more 4900's came from JA - UP as of late well not that i know of.

I too just saw an Orion 3G on the Q46 (4479, I beleive). What's the deal with this switch? Haven't seen a 3G at QV in a while. I can't tell from the above comments

That's not a 3G it's a NG.

was 4937 and 4963 reported at UP? just saw both back-to-back to av u

Yes I reported them when they came in.

This swap with JAM/QV/UP is for 45 each correct?

Nobody knows anything for sure yet... I just know what comes in and I keep track of the #'s. This JFK Depot guy keeps saying things and we don't know if its true. If they were gonna move more buses into UP it would've started yesterday. They haven't done anything since last week, a guy I know who works the yard said nothing is coming in at the moment.

8072 was spotted (by me) on the Q36 Ltd tonight.

Also, I woulda paid mad money (not really, but you get the idea) to see a 40 ft LFS on the Q44 today!!!!

I did spot 8063 on the Q77 this afternoon and 8061 tonight on the Queens-bound Q17.

Edited by Micstromme

What exactly is a mileage swap? One of the depots has been putting too many miles on the buses?

The idea is to have fleet that have a similar amount of mileage.  More mileage means more wear and tear and more break-downs, so in order to try to minimize that, they move the fleet around where necessary.  

Yes I reported them when they came in.

Nobody knows anything for sure yet... I just know what comes in and I keep track of the #'s. This JFK Depot guy keeps saying things and we don't know if its true. If they were gonna move more buses into UP it would've started yesterday. They haven't done anything since last week, a guy I know who works the yard said nothing is coming in at the moment.

I'm saying what I heard from a friend IN Jamaica Depot... Problem ?

Get off my d*** ciboii22.... All I'm doing is passing along info... That I hear to on to others

Yesterday, I saw 9667 in front of the NYC Health buliding in Queens Plaza. It wasn't in service, but I didn't stick around long enough to see if it entered service.

The truth is, I do not even know of a single route that that bus would serve out there, except for perhaps the B62. What other buses are out there at Queens Plz, besides the B62 and the Q32 that would use that Nova?

Also, I went to this page here http://metro.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Avenue_Bus_Depot and I couldn't figure something out. If you look under the types of buses that are present at Maspeth, when you look at the 1997 Novas, there's some gaps between 9430-9487. I would like to know what happened to those buses that aren't listed. I know that 9464 was destroyeda few years ago (outside where I resided at that time due to a collision on the B15), but what of the others and also what does anyone here think the chances of some more 94xxs leaving GA? I get tired of seeing them, which is why I'm excited about Grand Avenue receiving Orion Vs.

Edited by Micstromme

They are... but it's a process that's suppose to start in 2014-2017

All of MTA buses Hybrids... the 3500-3700s and the Next Generation Hybrids

That's pointless about the ngs. It's stupid that they can't just send those Ngs to NYCt and take some other OG buses to convert. Or why not take the 3800-3959 NGs with the lead acid batteries instead?