MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Honestly, Ulmer Park should of been included in this bus order. Totally not fair that they had to get used 2400's. Totally surprised that Bay Ridge, Bensonhurst and Coney Island Folk didn't put a stink on those 2400's. Would of been good if UP had the CT's from Castelton since the 2100's at UP are on their last leg.

Originally UP was supposed to get the 2400's from YUK, but now they've been going to MER (a part time depot who already has brand-new Prevosts). That's a slap in the face to UP!

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally UP was supposed to get the 2400's from YUK, but now they've been going to MER (a part time depot who already has brand-new Prevosts). That's a slap in the face to UP!

It's a slap for now but someway somehow UP will eventually end up with something newer down the line...

Well, UP did get most of the 2400's from YUK until the MTA decided to flip the allotment on those buses to MER. Again, that 300 bus order should of included UP. At least the backend of the order.

Well, UP did get most of the 2400's from YUK until the MTA decided to flip the allotment on those buses to MER. Again, that 300 bus order should of included UP. At least the backend of the order.

I think the reasoning (and I'm just guessing) is that Ulmer Park (and Yukon) got the 2400s brand new while everyone else had to some call "crap". Plus the X27, X28, X37 and X38 don't rack up the same miles as the Staten Island routes do. Just my two cents.

Edited by The TransitMan

I think the reasoning (and I'm just guessing) is that Ulmer Park (and Yukon) got the 2400s brand new while everyone else had to some call "crap". Plus the X27, X28, X37 and X38 don't rack up the same miles as the Staten Island routes do. Just my two cents.

That does sound accurate. The fore mentioned routes mentioned don't rack up mileage and once the X29 got eliminated that was a total different story. Plus the Bay Ridge // Bensonhurst // Coney Island routes are indeed pretty short.

both 4069 and 4544 are back at Grand Avenue. 8069 also back at Queens Village.

If you think about it, Jamaica will have 112 Nova LFS and Queens Village will have 113 Nova LFS when these moves are done. After #8480, those ENY Nova LFS (#8094-8119) SHOULD be making there way to Jamaica. In my opinion, this was a good way to divide the LFS.

Not even close! UP was supposed to get the new Prevosts and give up the 2400's to MER and YUK, while taking some MCIs from SI for about a year.

BUT...

State Senator Golden is on the transportation committee and wanted something to show his constituents that he's done something for them(how about helping out the (R) line,huh?) so he threw a tantrum wrote a letter to the MTA demanding that the Prevost's he paid for(his words not mine) run on the routes in his district instead of the old buses from Staten Island(which would have been replaced in the next year by brand new buses if he was patient).

The MTA complied giving UP the old Prevosts.

From where?

You guessed it: Staten Island!

Besides that, even its own units, one by one are getting repainted. There's only about 6 MCIs at Ulmer Park at this time. 

Not even close! UP was supposed to get the new Prevosts and give up the 2400's to MER and YUK, while taking some MCIs from SI for about a year.

BUT...

State Senator Golden is on the transportation committee and wanted something to show his constituents that he's done something for them(how about helping out the (R) line,huh?) so he threw a tantrum wrote a letter to the MTA demanding that the Prevost's he paid for(his words not mine) run on the routes in his district instead of the old buses from Staten Island(which would have been replaced in the next year by brand new buses if he was patient).

From where?

It's not really about compiling....and things always change.

UP was/is slated to be all 2400s(technically, they are now, since they have a complete fleet of 2400s as their express bus fleet). UP at the time wasn't slated to be involved in that whole 90 test bus order split until the union cried for new buses....after they rejected new buses! Both their local and express fleet were falling apart at the time(they even had their original fleet of non-Staten Island MCIs and those were falling apart bad), hence why they even got 2400s in the first place. 

UP was originally considered to be a part of the new Prevost order, but in the end of it all, it would've made no sense. It would've been much more logical to move the 2400s to depots with lower mileage and service times(UP and MA) than keeping them in Staten Island altogether, all in the effort to keep the mileage down and have their service lives extended.

It's not about the MTA compiling with those demands, its them doing some rather smart thinking. Eventually, UP will get the 2500-2700 series Prevosts when a mileage swap happens.

---------------------------------

On a sidenote, Meredith has 2404, 2406, 2413, 2419, 2432, 2433, 2438, 2442 and 2443.

Edited by Cait Sith

If you think about it, Jamaica will have 112 Nova LFS and Queens Village will have 113 Nova LFS when these moves are done. After #8480, those ENY Nova LFS (#8094-8119) SHOULD be making there way to Jamaica. In my opinion, this was a good way to divide the LFS.

....but QV is getting stuck with 89 of those lame, old ass Lfs'. While Jamaica gets a whole bunch of new buses fresh off the factory line. Hardly seems fair to me.

In my opinion, what should have happened was that Jam should have kept their 45 from 2011 and gave the 8090-8120 to Queens Village. Or, give some of those earlier 2011 buses to ENY. But, alas, once again, QV gets the shaft. Just like GA in Bklyn.

Speaking of, 4543 back at Grand.

....but QV is getting stuck with 89 of those lame, old ass Lfs'. While Jamaica gets a whole bunch of new buses fresh off the factory line. Hardly seems fair to me.

In my opinion, what should have happened was that Jam should have kept their 45 from 2011 and gave the 8090-8120 to Queens Village. Or, give some of those earlier 2011 buses to ENY. But, alas, once again, QV gets the shaft. Just like GA in Bklyn.

QV is setting themselves up for a major overhaul real soon....

6400s gotta go soon

2011 LFS 8070-8089 is 20 buses

2015/16 LFS8090-8093 8399-8480 is 85 buses

Your math is WAY off that's 105 LFS's

QV has 2011 LFS 8000-8016/ 8018-8069 which is 69 buses

2015/16 8481-8503 which is 23... Altogether that's 92

As far as 8094-8123 those are accounted for and when ENY has enough RTS's to where they can send off Jamaica's buses they will

I wouldn't be surprised if those 5100s in Eastchester end up in East NY

Edited by JFK Depot

4543 is still at Gun Hill, as well as their other remaining 4500's.

BUT...

From where?

Besides that, even its own units, one by one are getting repainted. There's only about 6 MCIs at Ulmer Park at this time.

Well I said I was guessing... ;-)

QV is setting themselves up for a major overhaul real soon....

6400s gotta go soon

2011 LFS 8070-8089 is 20 buses

2015/16 LFS8090-8093 8399-8480 is 85 buses

Your math is WAY off that's 105 LFS's

QV has 2011 LFS 8000-8016/ 8018-8069 which is 69 buses

2015/16 8481-8503 which is 23... Altogether that's 92

As far as 8094-8123 those are accounted for and when ENY has enough RTS's to where they can send off Jamaica's buses they will

I wouldn't be surprised if those 5100s in Eastchester end up in East NY

When I said 112 LFS, I was counting #8090-8119 and #8399-8480 being at Jamaica when all is said and done. With Queens Village, I was counting #8000-8089 (of course omit #8017) and #8481-8503 totaling 113 LFS when all is said and done. That's all I was referring to. It may not even happen BUT who knows, that "was" the initial plan.

Edited by The TransitMan

I can't say I agree completely...in fact, I'm quite glad QV is getting their 2011 LFS back. I actually like the 2011 LFS more than their 2015/16 counterparts, for reasons including the seating arrangement and the rear window. Also, any post-2011 bus is an upgrade over the 1997-98 RTS, so perhaps it wouldn't be so good to say that QV is getting 'lame, old ass LFs'. Yes, JA may seem to be getting all the new buses, but in my opinion, QV getting 2011 LFS is so much better than getting Orion NGs. Just my 0.02.

You have to look at it like this. Jamaica had the most 1996 Novabus RTS's. That is why they got the more of the new LFS.

Sit down