SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Well the problem lies in the original reason why the (N) and (R) swapped terminals back in the past decades: This was because of the fact that the (R) had no direct access to a yard. With the current arrangement, the (R) has access to Jamaica yard unlike before when it ran to Astoria. The (N) even though it once upon a time ran to Forst Hills always had access to CI Yard.

Thank you Realizm :D;)

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the problem lies in the original reason why the (N) and (R) swapped terminals back in the past decades: This was because of the fact that the (R) had no direct access to a yard. With the current arrangement, the (R) has access to Jamaica yard unlike before when it ran to Astoria. The (N) even though it once upon a time ran to Forst Hills always had access to CI Yard.

nrp1.jpgnrp2.jpg

nrp3.jpgnrp4.jpg

Can the (N) ever be rerouted via the (F) or (E) Queens Blvd Line?

If that's a problem at Queensboro Plaza specifically (anything past that, they'll just send the trains to Queensboro)...or the switch governing Astoria and Queens Blvd gets stuck in favor of Queens Blvd

Can the (N) ever be rerouted via the (F) or (E) Queens Blvd Line?

It happened before on a G.O about 10 years ago. Without a doubt, my favorite G.O of all time. R40S/R68/R68As on the QBL is a foamer's dream come true.

Edited by MTA Bus

Last chance to get 88 Street and 104 Street before they are closed for renovation:

http://travel.mtanyct.info/serviceadvisory/routeStatusResult.aspx?tag=A&date=05%2f12%2f2014&time=&method=getstatus4

A.png Ozone Park/Far Rockaway-bound platform at 88 St is closed for renovation 

All times, beginning 5 AM Mon, May 12 until Aug 2014 

For service to this station, take the A.png to Rockaway Blvd and transfer to a Brooklyn-bound A.png

For service from this station, take the A.png to 80 St and transfer to an 
Ozone Park/Far Rockaway-bound A.png

A.png Ozone Park-bound platform at 104 St is closed for renovation 

All times, beginning 5 AM Mon, May 12 until Aug 2014 

For service to this station, take the A.png to 111 St and transfer to a Brooklyn-bound A.png

For service from this station, take the A.png to Rockaway Blvd and transfer to an 
Ozone Park-bound A.png

Alternate Travel Note: 
For service from 104 St, take the Q112 bus instead (days/evenings). 

The (4) Yankees specials really terminate at Wall Street now? At least that's what SubwayTime tells me...

Actually, the (4) Yankee Specials terminate at Bowling Green. The countdown clocks and Subway Time aren't always correct.

I remember last year the (4) train was heading to Bowling Green. I was on the Yankee special that day. Instead they turn around at 42 Street instead because of the GO and servere crowding on the track. My friend and I was supposed to take the (D) home but the train couldn't move because of stalled train while the express track had a GO as well. It was messy commute to get home that day.(Mirando Riveria last day)