SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually it's almost virtually any where that if you steal, the chances of getting hired is very slim.

--

Anyways, left my house this afternoon around 11am...took me about 45 minutes to get from Avenue U to Sheepshead Bay back to Kings Highway...I literally didn't get out of Brooklyn until 12:30pm.  So much for that G.O. for the (B) and (Q) because while at Sheepshead Bay, 2 (Q)'s rolled up on the C.I. bound express track while 2 (B)'s rolled up on the local.  Of course when approaching Kings Highway, there was a (B) on the local and a (B) on the express.

Such a hectic start and it's only the late morning/afternoon.

I'm gonna just put this out there, the (6) isn't getting all of the (7)'s R62A's half of them are going to the (4) while the (4)'s R142A's are going to the (6) making the (6) half and half. And the (4) being R62A/142 only, its cheaper and also when it comes to parts the R142A/188 will be in 2 yards instead of 3, what sense would it make to have mostly R62A's on the (6) with very little R142A's, this plan alone would make the most sense, this would be way better than having them on the (2) in case pollishits gets involved

What are the blue diamond stickers on the R46s near the car number ?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Before the whole R44 thing, 207th was gonna get R46's to replace the R32s so the blue diamond was to represent 207th meaning that R46 was assigned to 207th St for the (C)

I'm gonna just put this out there, the (6) isn't getting all of the (7)'s R62A's half of them are going to the (4) while the (4)'s R142A's are going to the (6) making the (6) half and half. And the (4) being R62A/142 only, its cheaper and also when it comes to parts the R142A/188 will be in 2 yards instead of 3, what sense would it make to have mostly R62A's on the (6) with very little R142A's, this plan alone would make the most sense, this would be way better than having them on the (2) in case pollishits gets involved

(If it's true) In other words, someone complained?

I can see someone complaining about those "old trains" on the (6), especially now that they're starting to show up outside rush hours now...

Before the whole R44 thing, 207th was gonna get R46's to replace the R32s so the blue diamond was to represent 207th meaning that R46 was assigned to 207th St for the (C)

While I think that could happen, what difference does it make? Either way the 4 and 6 will have 2 types of trains regardless. I dunno how different the parts on the R142s are compared to the R142As, but why not just keep all the R62As together? As for the R142As, I always thought they could swap the remaining R142As on the 6 to the 4 for the R142s since the ones on the 6 seem like they are so 'poorly maintained' (bucking issues).

You make the stuff about the politicians overblown. Now one gives a damn what they think. If the trains have adequate a/c for summer and heat for winter, then what's the fuss about? At least they can see the giant rollsign showing what train is coming (6)/<6> instead of looking at the small digital sign on top.

Is it actually enjoyable operating any shuttle train...? Back n'd forth back n'd forth..

Lol. I always wondered about that myself.  I guess so in terms of the repetitiveness and lack of challenge but on the flip side many from RTO personal I think are offered assignments like this as opportunities for major overtime by their supervisors which equates to fat paychecks to catch up with the mortgage or car payments and such. I mean from what I understand some can hit 90K per year with OT applied, major serious cash flow right there.

(If it's true) In other words, someone complained?

I can see someone complaining about those "old trains" on the (6), especially now that they're starting to show up outside rush hours now...

They've been pretty absent this week, weirdly. Up until this week I usually saw two or three sets out every morning between the the northbound and southbound, and my daily operator started getting one every day. This week, I haven't seen a single 62A either direction in service. Weird.

Lol. I always wondered about that myself.  I guess so in terms of the repetitiveness and lack of challenge but on the flip side many from RTO personal I think are offered assignments like this as opportunities for major overtime by their supervisors which equates to fat paychecks to catch up with the mortgage or car payments and such. I mean from what I understand some can hit 90K per year with OT applied, major serious cash flow right there.

I heard C/Rs can hit the same amount as well, thou they'd practically have to live on the job meaning 12 hrs a day, six days a week.

The (S) on 42nd and Franklin must be horribly repetitive for the T/O's.

Awh man, that's just torture.

They've been pretty absent this week, weirdly. Up until this week I usually saw two or three sets out every morning between the the northbound and southbound, and my daily operator started getting one every day. This week, I haven't seen a single 62A either direction in service. Weird.

Their not absent its just that sometimes the R62As run at different times on the (6) , i spotted all 3 sets out yesterday at around 4:30 going to manhattan and 2 of them were back to back.

Edited by R62AR33