SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

2 hours ago, N6 Limited said:

The (A) also gets hammered along CPW in either direction, especially with the gaps in service that is has. 

If you can you might as well pack into the (A) at Jay Street because people get off at Hoyt-Schermerhorn for the (G) anyway.

They don't really start to empty out until Nostrand Ave from my experience, a decent amount people get on at Hoyt as well, its not as busy as Jay but it gets an decent load. I've been crammed up against the door on a Packed R46 so many times, hoping that the train doesn't get delayed between stops for a extended period of time. Must be miserable to do that commute everyday, especially if you live out in the Rockaways.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

They don't really start to empty out until Nostrand Ave from my experience, a decent amount people get on at Hoyt as well, its not as busy as Jay but it gets an decent load. I've been crammed up against the door on a Packed R46 so many times, hoping that the train doesn't get delayed between stops for a extended period of time. Must be miserable to do that commute everyday, especially if you live out in the Rockaways.

Yes some breathing room does open up after Nostrand. I see that some people opt for the (C) instead of waiting for the (A) , especially if it's a R160 set.

3 hours ago, paulrivera said:

There was a car in the Jamaica Yard lead tracks, and there have been the usual signal failures and overcrowding.

other than that, not much...

Also there lots of “train with mechanical problems” I wish they would be honest and write something else many time I don’t think the “train” is at fault 

7 hours ago, Abba said:

Also there lots of “train with mechanical problems” I wish they would be honest and write something else many time I don’t think the “train” is at fault 

I actually think it is that. Breakdowns of trains in general has been increasing. That's why we need more trains, and sooner rather than later.

Anyone notices that the (5) is different on weekends compared to weekdays as trains are 3-4 mins./8 mins spaced apart. For example, a train to Flatbush Av arrives at Wall St with the next one behind. After that, the next one doesn't get here after 18 minutes. 

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I've been seeing a lot of Bowling Green bound (5) trains during the evening hours on Weekdays. Are those new trips made because of the Clark G.O or were they always there?

Bowling Green (5) trains start at 7:52PM at Eastchester till 10:02PM, yes, it's always there. 

The last (5) to Flatbush Av leaves at 7:05PM

21 minutes ago, BayParkwayW said:

On that topic, can you stay on the (5) after bowling green as it loops back around, or do you have to get off?

I think you do have to disembark. The train can spend from a little to a very long time in the loop.

Edit: They’ve finally started rebuilding the platform at 104 St (J)(Z).

Edited by S78 via Hylan

1 hour ago, BayParkwayW said:

On that topic, can you stay on the (5) after bowling green as it loops back around, or do you have to get off?

You definitely need to get off any (5) train terminating at Bowling Green. With both loop out of active revenue service, those out-of-service trains can remain so for a good period of time. The only time you can really stay on a train looping around Bowling Green is when the (6) is extended down there.

1 hour ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Edit: They’ve finally started rebuilding the platform at 104 St (J)(Z).

And yet, the closure has now been extended to "early 2018". Wasn't this supposed to be a 3-4 month closure?

1 hour ago, Lance said:

You definitely need to get off any (5) train terminating at Bowling Green. With both loop out of active revenue service, those out-of-service trains can remain so for a good period of time. The only time you can really stay on a train looping around Bowling Green is when the (6) is extended down there.

2 hours ago, BayParkwayW said:

It's required.

2 hours ago, S78 via Hylan said:

I think you do have to disembark. The train can spend from a little to a very long time in the loop.

Yes, you cannot stay on the (5)  going through the loop. Especially, during the rush hours as these trains stay on the loop for about 20+minutes or an hour to turn back to either E.180 St or Nereid Av.

Edited by Calvin

4 hours ago, Calvin said:

It's required.

Yes, you cannot stay on the (5)  going through the loop. Especially, during the rush hours as these trains stay on the loop for about 20+minutes or an hour to turn back to either E.180 St or Nereid Av.

But City Hall and Bowling Green loop are technically revenue tracks, so why is Bowling Green not allowed to be rode on? I normally just enter the last car during weekends and enjoy my time looking at old SF.