SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

In rare events, the MTA won't suspended the (B) but rather reroute all (B) trains via West End or Sea Beach, then via Stillwell to return back to Brighton Beach.

Then what determines whether the (B) is rerouted or suspended?  They've even sent the (B) to 96 St on occasions.  Is it a matter of where the problem is and whether possible reroutes would impact other service (like, for example, if West End had a signal problem as well)?

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ioas said:

Hello,

The (B) train should be removed from the MTA. Instead, it should be replaced by a service known as the (H) train which runs from Brighton Beach to 145th Street on weekdays and sundays from 1-3 PM so I can come back from my friends house. What is the difference between the (B) and the (H), you may ask? The H is entirely R32s, whereas the (B) it doesn't matter because it doesn't exist anymore.

Sorry to say this, but the MTA doesn't care about your social life... Also, there is no direct connection between the Brighton Line and 8 Avenue, so there's no reason to rename it.

Ooh, I'm waiting for the comment storm... Wallyhorse has a new competitor...

Edited by Bosco

6 hours ago, Abba said:

They could have turned them at Kings Hwy? Daniel The Cool was that an option you think? There is no other place really though to turn it. That’s the issue with the (B) 

There were turning some (Q) Trains there

7 hours ago, paulrivera said:

It only made sense to get the (B) off of the Brighton line. Suspending the whole thing in the Bronx and Manhattan was so extra and unnecessary.

There was an incident on Sea Beach as well although the other option is turned them at 2nd Avenue which is what they actually did with 3 southbound (B) Trains.

3 hours ago, ioas said:

Hello,

The (B) train should be removed from the MTA. Instead, it should be replaced by a service known as the (H) train which runs from Brighton Beach to 145th Street on weekdays and sundays from 1-3 PM so I can come back from my friends house. What is the difference between the (B) and the (H), you may ask? The H is entirely R32s, whereas the (B) it doesn't matter because it doesn't exist anymore.

The B train, or if you want to call it something else, is not your personal taxi or Uber service for the price of a MetroCard swipe.

I've heard so crazy suggestions here, but this one takes the cake.  You've got to be joking.

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

4 hours ago, ioas said:

Hello,

Actually, I think we should split the (B) into four different services, two of which will terminate at 96th street, and one of which from 96th st will be diverted along the (M) line to Metropolitan Avenue. We can call these the (B)(H)(T) and (V). </wally>

Seriously. This+your other posts = 

foam-background-texture-sparkling-159066

Power to you for so successfully trolling tho.... 

Edited by RR503

On 12/14/2017 at 3:20 PM, GojiMet86 said:

Sheesh, no sense of humor at all...

There's being facetious, and there's doing what Mr. e-i-e-i-o-ass is doing on here....

Mocking the entire forum.

On 12/14/2017 at 3:41 PM, biGC323232 said:

Word up....Give the guy a break he's new to the forums...Instead of giving good insight/advise of how our subway works..yall just jumping down his throat like he's been on the forum for years now ...Jesus 

Noble, but trolls don't sign up to internet forums for insight & advice.... Lol....

I'd also question this character as being new to the forums.... At minimum, I put him as a long time lurker....

On 12/14/2017 at 12:11 PM, Bosco said:

Wallyhorse has a new competitor...

Wallyhorse is dead serious with his posts... As much as we'd like to knock some sense into Wally, the dude is a necessary evil here....

This character in question OTOH is a sarcastic irritant that has no place here.

Since the other thread got locked...

World Trade Center/Cortlandt Street Update 

First off, the new turnstiles on the sides of the (E) platform are now active, with the old ones shut off and barricaded.

25442847_403646673402139_493548789497146

25395838_403649390068534_824445880826393

25348457_403649463401860_481895419051184

Sceond, new signage in the mezzanine to the (A)(C)(2)(3) now refer to the (E)(R)(W) as a group. This leads me to believe that the entry sign in the first pic up top has a reference to the (R)(W) obscured.

25348263_403646540068819_696738514987448

25299466_403646576735482_242194820055293

Something needs to be done to address overnight (A) service. 

Around 2:20 this morning, I took the (J) to Broadway Junction and got off to take the (A). I waited for over 30 minutes before one finally showed up. No announcement or anything about any delays. When my (A) finally arrived, it went express to Euclid, which hardly made up any time. 

Any before anyone says “leave earlier”. I left my home 30 minutes earlier than I normally do.

2 hours ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Around 2:20 this morning, I took the (J) to Broadway Junction and got off to take the (A). I waited for over 30 minutes before one finally showed up. No announcement or anything about any delays. When my (A) finally arrived, it went express to Euclid, which hardly made up any time. 

Any before anyone says “leave earlier”. I left my home 30 minutes earlier than I normally do.

The (A) is never good with headways. I have waited 20 mins on the Rockaway branch on weekend middays.

4 hours ago, S78 via Hylan said:

I feel u about the (A) overnight service just the other night ive waited like 25-30 mins for one.....maybe running (C) trains from lefferts to chambers st and leave (A) trains express in brklyn could help speed things from 207- far rock...that line is extra long with all local