SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

32 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

But City Hall and Bowling Green loop are technically revenue tracks, so why is Bowling Green not allowed to be rode on? I normally just enter the last car during weekends and enjoy my time looking at old SF.

For this reason, there are cases that you cannot ride the loop b/c during the rush hour, selected trains will go through the loop but being layed up there till the departure time from the timetable. (About 1 hour for a trip back to the Bronx)

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

But City Hall and Bowling Green loop are technically revenue tracks, so why is Bowling Green not allowed to be rode on? I normally just enter the last car during weekends and enjoy my time looking at old SF.

Bowling Green (the inner South Ferry loop) is not a revenue track at all. Only City Hall loop is. 

5 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

The entire (B) is currently suspended over a relatively minor problem on the Brighton line....

They always do this.  Really becoming annoying.  That leaves only the (D) train to handle all of the damn crowds.  We need to start raising more hell about subway service, I'm serious.  What I'm becoming fed up with is, we aren't getting the service that is the (MTA) says is supposed to be running, and this the case on several lines.  The ongoing signal problems and delays is basically daily.  

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

They always do this.  Really becoming annoying.  That leaves only the (D) train to handle all of the damn crowds.  We need to start raising more hell about subway service, I'm serious.  What I'm becoming fed up with is, we aren't getting the service that is the (MTA) says is supposed to be running, and this the case on several lines.  The ongoing signal problems and delays is basically daily.  

Someones using the Subways more. :D

When I do go to Manhattan during the week (which is quite rare), i will take the B or the Q. Returning home, I always make my way back to the Q as I know how fast the B is cancelled without any notice.

I remember standing at Columbus Circle waiting on a Friday evening for a B train  for 45 minutes and not hearing anything so I finally took the D to the Q. After that, it was (and is) the Q to get home.

It seems that the B is annulled very frequently for the reasons that the TA gives us all the time. The question then becomes would it not be better if the B was rerouted via either the N or D to Coney Island where (if the problem was resolved) the trains could be rerouted back to the Brighton Line?  

This is the question that I asking of the MTA.