BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Brillant93 said:

It’s been said it’s been postponed and the sbs machines aren’t even up yet. Lol. 

And not to mention, only about a few buses arriv d. I believe they need to have more than 12 buses for the service to operate. They should have at least 25 for the service if I’m not mistaken.

2 hours ago, IAlam said:

Does anyone know if NG 4206 has ever done SBS service before? I’m riding on the Q20 and, the fare box has the SBS pay before boarding poster instead of the normal fare poster.

Remember Q44SBS is technically 24 hours or until 2AM (unless I’m wrong) CS installs some NG’s and XD40 for late night SBS service. 

50 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

Any suggestions for tracking 0023? I'm not that much of a bus expert and I would really like to see the new demo bus on the X27 or X37. 

Use the transit tracker app. When it's in service, search "23" under the tag "Track a Vehicle" and it'll track that bus. The app works so that later on whenever you tap on the bus, it'll show you where the bus is and what route it's running on if it's in service.

2 hours ago, Coney Island Av said:

Any suggestions for tracking 0023? I'm not that much of a bus expert and I would really like to see the new demo bus on the X27 or X37. 

Just check the X27, X28, X37, or X38 routes on bustime any time of day, but especially rush hours.

Just came back from the Macy's Fireworks show in Long Island City. I was with some friends, including one who has had operations on each knee and cannot walk for too much. There were tons of people getting out from LIC, and Vernon Blvd on the (7) was closed off. Luckily for us, when we got to 11th Street/Jackson Avenue, 4519 on the B32 came along.

At 10:42 PM.

For those that don't know, the last runs on the B32 for the day leave the terminals at 9 PM and end their runs about 20 minutes later. 4519 took about 10 minutes to go off the foot of the Pulaski and stop at 11th Street. Then it took 20 minutes to go 44th Drive. All because of the traffic.

We then decided to take the Q69 home. About 20 people got on at 44th Drive, and 20 more got on at Queensbridge. The bus crowded in the front and the lines at the stop were long to the point where about 12 people got on the backdoor.

So yeah, my bus story of the day.

Rode XDE40 9500 today and it's by far my favorite X series bus. Far more fun to ride than the XD40s and the CNG variations.

OMG, when it gets going, the power, the sound of the engine, pure foam😁 love love love these xde40s, it feels like a pure diesel bus rather than a hybrid. Engine shuts off at times when the bus is idle, even if you don't the Orion hybrids you'll love these xde40s, amazing bus.

I like the Orion hybrids too btw.

27 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Rode XDE40 9500 today and it's by far my favorite X series bus. Far more fun to ride than the XD40s and the CNG variations.

OMG, when it gets going, the power, the sound of the engine, pure foam😁 love love love these xde40s, it feels like a pure diesel bus rather than a hybrid. Engine shuts off at times when the bus is idle, even if you don't the Orion hybrids you'll love these xde40s, amazing bus.

I like the Orion hybrids too btw.

Crazy to think these Xcelsior hybrids have more bass than the Xcelsior diesel/cng versions. At least the Novas still give off that deep bass engine sound. 

Today was my day, shorty after catching the xde40, I FINALLY caught the Proterra, cool bus but the A/C is trash, New Flyer wins in the A/C category.

Other than the A/C issues, I like! Bus powertrain is super quiet and is mostly drowned out by the HAVC noise.

Also, 9503 is trackable btw, it and one of the Proterras was on the B57 at the same time. I didn't ride ethier bus on the B57, I looked up the 57 on the tracker out of boredom and found 9503 by mistake lol.

I'm honestly starting to despise taking the Bx9 going to work...3 walkers and two wheelchairs + fare beaters + 40 minutes late + trucks stopping in the middle of the road to unload on Broadway...there needs to be some type of rehab done to this line. We need a LTD service, like NOW.

On 7/4/2018 at 8:42 PM, Future ENY OP said:

Remember Q44SBS is technically 24 hours or until 2AM (unless I’m wrong) CS installs some NG’s and XD40 for late night SBS service. 

I doubt that because the Q44 exclusively uses the XD60 at all hours

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Does anyone know why some of the Bx12 SBS LFSA's show up on the Bx5? I've been seeing them more frequently.

The BX12 is getting new buses so they probably have enough spares available for other bus lines