Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Melbx15 said:

There are some major changes coming to Washington heights on the bx11, bx13, bx35 & bx36 to  accommodate the bx35 Articulation 

• bx11 & bx13 buses will now terminate where the bx35 terminate on

 179st btw Wadsworth Ave & Broadway  

also eastbound stop on 181st & wadsworth Ave will now be shared with the bx3 

 

• bx35 & bx36/LTD will now share the terminal on 179st btw Broadway & ft Washington Ave 

eastbound stop on 178st btw wadsworth ave & Broadway has been eliminated and is being combined with the first stop on 178st & ft Washington Ave 

Bx35 & bx36 will now share the same route pattern west of 181st & Wadsworth Ave

Source?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Google is your friend. Right?  So is MTA. info 

I don't see it on the site, that's why I asked...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Source?

It’s on the MTA website under service changes for the Bronx it’s not in full detail as I explained it to be 

Edited by Melbx15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Melbx15 said:

It’s on the MTA website under service changes for the Bronx it’s not in full detail as I explained it to be 

Yeah I just saw it, I had to go the old website to see it.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn’t the Q12 interlined with other routes? Won’t artics find their way onto other routes? That means they gotta edit all the runs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, danielhg121 said:

Isn’t the Q12 interlined with other routes? Won’t artics find their way onto other routes? That means they gotta edit all the runs?

Excuse my ignorance but what interlines does the Q12 have. I haven’t been on that side of Northern Boulevard in years. However, from what I recall I don’t think Q12 have interlines that would warrant any additional artic service. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Excuse my ignorance but what interlines does the Q12 have. I haven’t been on that side of Northern Boulevard in years. However, from what I recall I don’t think Q12 have interlines that would warrant any additional artic service. 

I think I've seen some Q12 buses go down Roosevelt and come back up as Q15's I'm pretty sure. Don't know if they changed it in the past few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, danielhg121 said:

I think I've seen some Q12 buses go down Roosevelt and come back up as Q15's I'm pretty sure. Don't know if they changed it in the past few years.

That’s a copy. Flushing is very foreign to me and that’s why I inquired. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the farthest away you have seen an NYC bus from NYC? I saw one just across the border from Canada — it was a Nova LFS 40 footer. Has anyone seen any buses farther?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 9:17 PM, EastFlatbushLarry said:

😂 wow, roy rogers.. that's classic kp s***... even now during the summer, you'll still see at least 4 sbs buses on layover with no locals in sight, and any sbs pullouts from FB have to wedge themselves in there until someone departs, all while trying not to intentionally trap a helpless B9 in that God awful ass end of the terminal. look, they (DOT or whomever) had a chance to redesign that terminal properly, and they totally botched it capacity-wise. it's not out of the realm of possibility that shoving artics in there may present a daunting task to say the least, especially if the plan is to marginally maintain current headways (which i highly doubt) 

 

On 8/21/2019 at 9:00 PM, Cait Sith said:

I haven't been down to KP recently, but I have seen the problems that those layovers used to cause, especially in the late 90s when Roy Rogers was in KP.....I miss that place(Roy Rogers, not KP)😭😂.


The traffic flow was pretty bad too. Operators used to have to wait quite a while just to pull out of the stop.

 

 

 

 

On 8/21/2019 at 8:51 PM, EastFlatbushLarry said:

definitely is a fair point. even back in the days, DeKalb & KP had issues with layovers between LTD's & lcl's... so maybe people will finally stop asking about artics on the 46sbs. it's a terminal capacity issue, simple & plain. 

 

On 8/21/2019 at 8:50 PM, Brillant93 said:

weren't they going to extend that route further up broadway? 

During the PM rush hour especially on  the weekends, Sometimes its hard to make that left turn into the Kings Plaza terminal. When the traffic light changes for the buses to make that left turn, vehicles from the other side traffic makes it impossible for the bus to complete the turn unless we force our way through and start blowing the horn to make vehicles at least leave some space so the bus can complete the left turn into the terminal. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m probably going to be using the express bus somewhat less often for the next while, so I may be buying a regular unlimited monthly card and putting cash on it for the express bus. If I do that, and then take the subway to an express bus, will the fare box deduct $6.75, or will it take a transfer from the subway and only deduct $4.00? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

Isn’t the Q12 interlined with other routes? Won’t artics find their way onto other routes? That means they gotta edit all the runs?

They would probably redo the runs so that the q12 is no longer interlined? Or the driver can just drive back to CS from flushing and swap out the tic for a rigid. It’s not that long of a deadhead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I’m probably going to be using the express bus somewhat less often for the next while, so I may be buying a regular unlimited monthly card and putting cash on it for the express bus. If I do that, and then take the subway to an express bus, will the fare box deduct $6.75, or will it take a transfer from the subway and only deduct $4.00? 

It will deduct $4.00 if you used the subway (or bus) beforehand within two hours from catching the express bus.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I’m probably going to be using the express bus somewhat less often for the next while, so I may be buying a regular unlimited monthly card and putting cash on it for the express bus. If I do that, and then take the subway to an express bus, will the fare box deduct $6.75, or will it take a transfer from the subway and only deduct $4.00? 

My advice heading inbound (when you take the express bus to the subway) is to hop on a local bus for a couple of stops. If you do that you will only get charged $4 for the express. If you board the express directly you will get charged $6.75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I’m probably going to be using the express bus somewhat less often for the next while, so I may be buying a regular unlimited monthly card and putting cash on it for the express bus. If I do that, and then take the subway to an express bus, will the fare box deduct $6.75, or will it take a transfer from the subway and only deduct $4.00? 

On the rare occasions that I use such a set up, coming home, I just stop at subway, go down, swipe, and then get on the express bus, this way I don't pay the full $6.75. It has been some months since I have bought a regular unlimited, but when I buy a Metro-North pass, I have done that since I wasn't taking the express bus that much, but still needed the shuttle bus.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

On the rare occasions that I use such a set up, coming home, I just stop at subway, go down, swipe, and then get on the express bus, this way I don't pay the full $6.75. It has been some months since I have bought a regular unlimited, but when I buy a Metro-North pass, I have done that since I wasn't taking the express bus that much, but still needed the shuttle bus.

Cheapskate. (I'm kidding.)

That's actually good to know. Still, I'd prefer a 30-day that provides access to all of NYCT (and the other buses in the area)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Lex said:

Cheapskate. (I'm kidding.)

That's actually good to know. Still, I'd prefer a 30-day that provides access to all of NYCT (and the other buses in the area)...

I only do that once a year if that when I'm not traveling much, so I would not opt for a monthly pass when I primarily use the express bus. It doesn't make any sense. As I said before, I only get that when I'm taking Metro-North and need to add on a few trips for the express bus. Basically I either now do a weekly express bus pass at $62.00 or a pay-per-ride. Last week I bought two weekly express bus passes for $124.00, and put $40.50 on another Metrocard, which covers me for three days for the express bus. There will be days that I won't travel for holidays or vacation, so I'd rather not give the (MTA) that money. I've already been overcharged enough where I didn't bother to claim a refund.

P.S. A 30 day doesn't cover express buses.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

On the rare occasions that I use such a set up, coming home, I just stop at subway, go down, swipe, and then get on the express bus, this way I don't pay the full $6.75. It has been some months since I have bought a regular unlimited, but when I buy a Metro-North pass, I have done that since I wasn't taking the express bus that much, but still needed the shuttle bus.

Brilliant! I’ll only need this set up for a short while, but I’m going to take your advice here

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Random Thought: Out here in Boston this weekend and noticed that the Silver Line is strictly artic?. (I don’t frequent Boston a lot) Just an inquiring question.

Also, I’ve noticed that Mass Bay “T” XD40’s have wraps on the driverside. I’m guessing they also use Outfront Media for their ads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Brilliant! I’ll only need this set up for a short while, but I’m going to take your advice here

The Bryant Park station is my best friend. Give myself maybe an extra five minutes to go down and swipe and boom, $2.75 saved. In the morning, I would just jump on a local bus for a stop or two and get off. lol Not too long ago, the (MTA) wouldn't even accept a regular unlimited Metrocard at all. Now they programmed it to give you that $2.75 credit.

  • LMAO! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 8:40 PM, Orion6025 said:

They would probably redo the runs so that the q12 is no longer interlined? Or the driver can just drive back to CS from flushing and swap out the tic for a rigid. It’s not that long of a deadhead

firstly, there are 2 types of interlines... terminal interline & relief aka swing interline. the q12 has straight runs, meaning runs that don't interline at all (designated run 0xx). those runs won't be affected. matter of fact, the miscellaneous runs (interlined runs) out of casey stengel (designated as 7xx or 8xx) won't be affected either. what will happen is that the q12 will be pull in/pull out or relief (swing) interline with the other casey stengel flushing routes (q13/15/16/20a/b/26/28/48) the q12 won't terminal interline (meaning come down the road as a q12 and leave out as say a q15) once artics come into play. by the way, terminal interlines are what you may see at 165 terminal with the JFK routes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

The Bryant Park station is my best friend. Give myself maybe an extra five minutes to go down and swipe and boom, $2.75 saved. In the morning, I would just jump on a local bus for a stop or two and get off. lol Not too long ago, the (MTA) wouldn't even accept a regular unlimited Metrocard at all. Now they programmed it to give you that $2.75 credit.

That's actually how I use the express bus when I'm coming home from school lol...

The weekly is a bit pricey for me so I get the regular 30 day unlimited and when I do splurge for the express bus, I hop the (6) down from Hunter to get the transfer to the X37 at 23rd and Park or when I was coming from Queens before I'd take the (E) to WTC and then transfer to the X27 at Broadway and Barclay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

That's actually how I use the express bus when I'm coming home from school lol...

The weekly is a bit pricey for me so I get the regular 30 day unlimited and when I do splurge for the express bus, I hop the (6) down from Hunter to get the transfer to the X37 at 23rd and Park or when I was coming from Queens before I'd take the (E) to WTC and then transfer to the X27 at Broadway and Barclay.

There's nothing wrong with it. Like I said, I have given the (MTA) enough of my money where their machines were busted, and I was overcharged, either for an extra express bus fare or another local bus fare for the SBS. Never bothered to get a refund for those. Then there are all of the express bus passes that I had to send in. They are prorated when they send you another card or refund you, so I've lost money on those too.  I used to get the express bus pass without blinking to be honest back when it was $41 dollars a week. It was $164 monthly. That has increased to almost $100 now at $248 monthly, assuming four weeks of course. Five weeks we have a few times a year so it's over $300 at $310. The rate of the (MTA) fare and other things have shot up (e.g. college tuition) is just crazy. Hell for my one semester at a private school abroad it was $20,000 which is cheap by today's standards. Look at those things or the cost of healthcare, and yes, most people's salaries haven't shot up in the same way. I pretty much always get a pass now because at $13.50 a day with no bonus, it really doesn't make sense to get a pay-per-ride unless you a riding just a few days.

For me I think it's more about how NYC has changed in terms of the prices for everything. Everybody wants a tip now, esp. in Manhattan. Good coffee is $5.00 or more minimum with a tip. Add in a snack and it's basically $10 for two items, so saving a few bucks here and there on occasion is nice. lol

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.