BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On my way home tonight from the gateway mall I took the B82 westbound to Coney Island. Usually before it goes to the rock away parkway station it turns right o. East 96st and back around the terminus down rockaway parkway but tonight the driver turned right on rockaway and another right on glenwood rd into the terminal. I wonder if the drivers are being instructed to turn on rockaway because they’re getting ready for the sbs and the artics coming next year. 

On 12/16/2017 at 9:56 AM, MysteriousBtrain said:

Some artic routes are running 40 fters today, but are not fully stripped of artics.

Also found some C40s on the (M) Shuttle earlier this morning.

That was because the shuttle (M) is not running this weekend. Shuttle buses are running the entire (M) from Myrtle-Broadway to Middle Village

1 hour ago, Brillant93 said:

On my way home tonight from the gateway mall I took the B82 westbound to Coney Island. Usually before it goes to the rock away parkway station it turns right o. East 96st and back around the terminus down rockaway parkway but tonight the driver turned right on rockaway and another right on glenwood rd into the terminal. I wonder if the drivers are being instructed to turn on rockaway because they’re getting ready for the sbs and the artics coming next year. 

This has been happening for quite some time, some buses CI bound use E96th street, some use Rockaway Parkway to access the (L) station, I wonder why that is.

One of the only instances off the top of my head in the MTA bus system where B/O's use two different routings to go to the same place.

Edited by trainfan22

39 minutes ago, Q64 To Forest Hills said:

I had no idea that they had already started to install WiFi on the older buses of the fleet. 8495 out of QV has it installed and is working well. 

8495 isn't really that old. However, it's a good thing that Wi-fi is being installed on some previously newer buses. Hoping the option orders for the XD40's, XD60's and LFSA's come in soon with WIfi equipped and information screens. 

I was just thinking how many people would be so confused with the new XD40s coming in with the new scheme because they are going to think it’s an sbs bus. Like if they go to Flatbush and put them on the B46 some people may just walk on the regular bus without swiping their card because they think it’s an sbs bus. The xd40s for the sbs have a similar scheme to it. 

I think it would be funny. 

On 12/22/2017 at 4:36 PM, S78 via Hylan said:

I made a post about this not too long ago, but I figured I’d update it:

Express bus routes I’ve ridden:

Bronx: BxM2, BxM4, BxM8

Brooklyn: BM2, X27, X28, X37

Queens: QM4, X63

Staten Island: Every route except the X4, X8, X17A

I'm wondering why those routes? Anywho I'll update mine as well (doesn't include discontinued routes):

Bronx/Yonkers: BxM3, BxM4, BxM6, BxM8, BxM10, BxM11

Riverdale: BxM1, BxM2, BxM18

Brooklyn: BM1 (full branch), BM2 (full branch), BM3 (both branches), BM4 (full branch), X27, X28

Queens: QM1, QM2, QM5, QM6, QM15, X64

Staten Island: X1, X2, X9, X10 (all branches), X11, X12, X14, X15, X17A, X17C, X30, X42

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

39 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I'm wondering why those routes? Anywho I'll update mine as well (doesn't include discontinued routes):

Bronx/Yonkers: BxM3, BxM4, BxM6, BxM8, BxM10, BxM11

Riverdale: BxM1, BxM2, BxM18

Brooklyn: BM1 (full branch), BM2 (full branch), BM3 (both branches), BM4 (full branch), X27, X28

Queens: QM1, QM2, QM5, QM6, QM15, X64

Staten Island: X1, X2, X9, X10 (all branches), X11, X12, X14, X15, X17A, X17C, X30, X42

I rode most of them for fanning purposes.

So these new buses coming in... Are they garbage or what? I forget which bus # it was, but it's one of the new artics that Quill just received.  If it is any indication then they may be garbage. I got it last night on the M79.  The signage was already broken on it. Had the new smell and everything and looked decent inside, but I chuckled to myself about the signage. I saw it originally on my way to York Avenue and happened to catch it going west a little later.