BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Missabassie said:

Ahoy ahoy.... M15 & M15-SBS are mostly if not all 40 ft hybrids and a few RTS..... 😑😑

(MTA)  be buggin yo

The Q53 was all hybrids yesterday too. 

I also saw a short turn Q53 signed for Liberty Av, I didn't know that other short turn codes existed besides QCM

On 12/10/2017 at 12:25 PM, Q43LTD said:

Why is the (MTA) advertising that the M60 is "now serving Terminal A (aka Marine Terminal)" as a brand new service when it's served it before?

Simple....

You can't assume potential riders would know that the M60 used to serve Marine Air..... You are to advertise as if EVERYONE you want to consume/utilize your service{s} are brand new.

Edited by B35 via Church

Hello 

I’m new to this forum so this is my first post. 

I’m quite eager for the b82 sbs to start next year. They’re currently fixing up Kings hwy and some of the bus stops along the way. It’s not sbs yet but I guess they’re fixing up the pederstrian islands before they start setting up next year. 

The would be about three sbs lines in my area. 

Edited by Brillant93

7 hours ago, 78 via Stew Leonards said:

I wonder if any northbound BxM6/7/8/9/10/11s have skipped the RFK bridge hassle and taken the Willis Ave Bridge to Bruckner Blvd/Bruckner Expwy. Wonder how much time that would save

The BxM1s that bypass Inwood would use that for a bit. It didn't work out good overall.

After having came off the (L) from Canarsie last night, I boarded a B35 local over at Mother Gaston (didn't feel like waiting for the B6 @ Canarsie subway).... We pick up at every stop b/w the terminal & Church/E. 98th; bus was more or less crushloaded after the fact... THEN all of a sudden, when we get to Linden/Church, the b/o makes the announcement that the bus was going Limited.... Limited stops, limited stops.... But here's the kicker - after being called everything but the son of god (lol) by some of the pax., he then announces that he'll make local stops (as in, drop-offs) for anyone that's on the bus.....

It didn't matter much to me, since I could get off at Utica (a LTD stop) or E. 48th, but for folks wanting to get off anywhere b/w over there on E. 42nd & NY av.... smh...

I was saying the whole time, now how in the f*** is he gonna know who was originally on the bus east of E. 98th.... Better yet, how about those that are waiting at local stops, seeing a LTD bus disembarking passengers, trying to get on in the process..... For shits & giggles, I should've stayed on the bus to see how that would've played out.... Lol....

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

After having came off the (L) from Canarsie last night, I boarded a B35 local over at Mother Gaston (didn't feel like waiting for the B6 @ Canarsie subway).... We pick up at every stop b/w the terminal & Church/E. 98th; bus was more or less crushloaded after the fact... THEN all of a sudden, when we get to Linden/Church, the b/o makes the announcement that the bus was going Limited.... Limited stops, limited stops.... But here's the kicker - after being called everything but the son of god (lol) by some of the pax., he then announces that he'll make local stops (as in, drop-offs) for anyone that's on the bus.....

It didn't matter much to me, since I could get off at Utica (a LTD stop) or E. 48th, but for folks wanting to get off anywhere b/w over there on E. 42nd & NY av.... smh...

I was saying the whole time, now how in the f*** is he gonna know who was originally on the bus east of E. 98th.... Better yet, how about those that are waiting at local stops, seeing a LTD bus disembarking passengers, trying to get on in the process..... For shits & giggles, I should've stayed on the bus to see how that would've played out.... Lol....

If he flipped the sign to "Limited" as soon as he made that announcement, then presumably those that needed the local in particular west of Linden would just wait for a local. I guess at those local stops he would try to stop before the light or a little past the stop to let those people off at the local stops.

BTW was it signed as going to McDonald Ave or Sunset Park?

2 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

If he flipped the sign to "Limited" as soon as he made that announcement, then presumably those that needed the local in particular west of Linden would just wait for a local. I guess at those local stops he would try to stop before the light or a little past the stop to let those people off at the local stops.

BTW was it signed as going to McDonald Ave or Sunset Park?

You mean, when I boarded? It was a bus signed as going to McDonald av (well, on the Xn40's, it just says "MDONALD", but you get the point)....

As to your point.... I get what you're saying - the flipside of that though, is if someone's waiting at some local stop west of Linden needing to disembark at a LTD stop (which is highly likely, panning WB west of Nostrand :D), they're going to (try to) take advantage of a LTD bus oddly dropping pax off at some local stop)......

Despite either of the 2 scenarios being mentioned, IDK when (or even if) he changed the sign - when I got off at Utica, I didn't bother to check back/look behind...

On 12/14/2017 at 2:45 AM, 78 via Stew Leonards said:

I wonder if any northbound BxM6/7/8/9/10/11s have skipped the RFK bridge hassle and taken the Willis Ave Bridge to Bruckner Blvd/Bruckner Expwy. Wonder how much time that would save

Yes they have, when the RFK has some incident. This re-route takes significantly longer.

On 12/14/2017 at 11:10 AM, B35 via Church said:

Some of these bozos need to realise this type of behaviour confuses the hell outta everybody. If your dispatcher tells you to go LTD , then skip the bullshit and go LTD. Its frustrating enough with these mid-route changes, but I can't stand the gohdamn white-knights who be like, "well I'll be nice and let so-and-so off" only to end up with the same results if he'd just cont'd on local. This is yet another reason ridership continues to decline, there's no f***ing standards anymore.

23 minutes ago, Missabassie said:

Some of these bozos need to realise this type of behaviour confuses the hell outta everybody. If your dispatcher tells you to go LTD , then skip the bullshit and go LTD. Its frustrating enough with these mid-route changes, but I can't stand the gohdamn white-knights who be like, "well I'll be nice and let so-and-so off" only to end up with the same results if he'd just cont'd on local. This is yet another reason ridership continues to decline, there's no f***ing standards anymore.

Are you from Europe or something? It's rare that I see someone spelling behavior, realize and the like the European way. I had to chuckle at it because you write that was, but then use American slang all at the same time. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Are you from Europe or something? It's rare that I see someone spelling behavior, realize and the like the European way. I had to chuckle at it because you write that was, but then use American slang all at the same time. :lol:

No I'm not from Europe, I guess I watch too much BBC :D