MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really glad to see that they're going this route, I was never convinced that the MTA could have a 100% electric fleet solely relying on battery electric buses. I hope hearing this news Nova Bus and other companies start working on and releasing their versions of hydrogen buses soon. 

Edited by IAlam

On 11/13/2022 at 8:49 PM, Calvin said:

Extra information on depots: Some routes have school trippers at a selected depot, this is a list to clarify. 

Casey Stengel -> Q17, Q27, Q88

Queens Village -> Q20A, Q31, Q76

Michael J Quill, the Manhattan borough has one depot and route: M11

Ulmer Park -> B4 and B9 

Castleton -> S44, S57, S62, S74, S78 ....   Charleston -> S59 .... Yukon -> S55, S56, S74, S78

UP has B4, B9, B16 & B49

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

Surprised GH got choosen for the hydrogen buses. Considering their New Flyers I thought they would go to a depot like Grand Ave or Quill. Well it's nice that New Flyers will be running on GH & KB routes again (KB is getting XE60s in the future IIRC).

I might be wrong about KB getting XE60s, can't find a source mentioning this, only 60 XE40s on order that have yet to be assigned to an depot. 

Don't know where I got XE60s to KB from, facepalm lol. I did see an XE60 in Washington Heights on Broadway a couple days ago NIS, don't know why an Quill bus would be that far north.

2 hours ago, Nova Fly Guy said:

UP has B4, B9, B16 & B49

I've never seen a school supplement for Ulmer Park on the B49 and if there's one on the 49 how far does it go? I currently live in Sheepshead Bay along the 49 route and I've never seen a Ulmer Park bus in revenue service on the 49.

The other 3 routes are correct.

28 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I've never seen a school supplement for Ulmer Park on the B49 and if there's one on the 49 how far does it go? I currently live in Sheepshead Bay along the 49 route and I've never seen a Ulmer Park bus in revenue service on the 49.

The other 3 routes are correct.

IIRC, it happened a very long time. I saw 4878 (reflecting on memory) on the B49. The tripper started from Manhattan Beach ending up to Foster Av/Flatbush Av. It was then a deadhead to the B6 starting at Avenue J and Coney Island Av to Rockaway Park Station. 

Previous school trippers from 2014

Edited by Calvin

13 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

I might be wrong about KB getting XE60s, can't find a source mentioning this, only 60 XE40s on order that have yet to be assigned to an depot. 

Don't know where I got XE60s to KB from, facepalm lol. I did see an XE60 in Washington Heights on Broadway a couple days ago NIS, don't know why an Quill bus would be that far north.

I know that one of the XEs ran on the (A) shuttle a few days ago, that might be why.

9 hours ago, Q43LTD said:

I was referring to like 2009 or something 

Yeah in the 2010s. Jamaica had the Q20, Q44 and Q76 trippers. CS had the Q17, Q27, Q58 & Q88 trippers, QV has the Q31 and I THINK the Q1 from Martin Van Buren.

It has changed over time, QV also used to have the Q20, Q44 and Q76 trippers.

On 11/25/2022 at 11:16 PM, Cait Sith said:

173 more 40ft Novas and 116 40ft New Flyers have been confirmed for MTA Bus, this will basically wipe all of the NGs out of service.

e\with the previous 135 nova order witch means 208 nova for ec/bp/jfkamd fr acordings to google sites roster they need 279 31/52/197

as for lg they need 127 witch 116 xd40's on 10 nova's? 

witch means there will be a serplus of nova's.