MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was speaking to someone who works at Jamaica depot while I was walking home and basically told me that the property between south rd all the way to next to the depot is owned by MTA, once dominos lease is up, those buildings will be torn down, they currently park buses in those buildings (warehouse along Merrick blvd) next to the depot. I suppose that will be where the new depot located.

I was speaking to someone who works at Jamaica depot while I was walking home and basically told me that the property between south rd all the way to next to the depot is owned by MTA, once dominos lease is up, those buildings will be torn down, they currently park buses in those buildings (warehouse along Merrick blvd) next to the depot. I suppose that will be where the new depot located.

When they demolish the current building it will be rebuilt where it is now, and the addition space which MTA has actually already purchased will be used for the expansion.

When they demolish the current building it will be rebuilt where it is now, and the addition space which MTA has actually already purchased will be used for the expansion.

This doesn't surprise me because the MTA had a hard time trying to find a NEW location for Jamaica in the first place. Even that field on the west side of 165th St and Liberty Av (which is owned by York College I've been told) was another spot. So kudos to the MTA for keeping the Jamaica Depot...in Jamaica!

This doesn't surprise me because the MTA had a hard time trying to find a NEW location for Jamaica in the first place. Even that field on the west side of 165th St and Liberty Av (which is owned by York College I've been told) was another spot. So kudos to the MTA for keeping the Jamaica Depot...in Jamaica!

They had a hard time because they kept missing out on ideal pieces of land. The last one was a former Verizon facility off Springfield & Merrick, nestled between Stop & Shop (the former Pathmark) and the LIRR. By the time the (MTA)'s real estate people noticed it, UPS had grabbed it.

Another ideal location eventually became the Home Depot on the other side of the same tracks.

Edited by Gotham Bus Co.

Gleason will be getting XN40s and XN60s instead...still Xcelsiors lol

...Don't think SC getting anything any time soon

Sorry. Directed at the wrong person. My apologizes.

Doesn't that exclude Gleason and the Creek since they're CNG?

MTA Bus just upgraded their CNG fleet so they are not due for anything CNG related until 2023 the earliest.

Edited by The TransitMan

23 buses in the new colors will go into service over the next 3 weeks.

5364, and 5375 are wrapped, with 5390 next.

The official MTA year designations for new buses are as follows.

New Flyer

2014 7090-7109

2015 7110-7482

NovaBus

2015 8090-8503 (Original pilots 8090-8093 were 2014 models which were rejected and sold off to other agencies)

Prevost

2014 2490-2491

2015 2592-2606

2016 2607-2789

Edited by East New York