MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What somebody SUGGESTS and what NYCT DOES are 2 completely different things.

The bus fleet numbers are computerized, so it really doesn't make any difference.

Just like fleet numbers of a certain model scattered amongst depots.  It is not an issue to NYCT, it is only an issue to the bus fans.

And what's an "OCD"?  

He's not being serious about it anyway. No need to get on his case.

Edited by Cait Sith

Update/Review of the Future bus fleet.

40 foot buses - 35-37 USB ports, 2 LED Boards

45 foot buses - 55 USB ports, 2 LED boards

60 foot buses - 55 USB ports, 3 LED boards

23 XD60's will be in full wrap over the next 25 days. The rest will be delivered that way. 

2016 - 200 buses for LED AV pilot phase 2

2017 - All Express Buses will have wifi and USB ports.

2018 - 2800 buses will have wifi, 2000 will have LED boards, 1900 will have charging outlets.

Edited by East New York

I would like to see the express coaches in a corresponding green scheme, to match the green of the bus stop placards.

Matching scheme and matching signs would look nice but the MTA should worry more about service and interior designs that won't have passengers cramped than about fashion.

New Flyer DH60 "Galaxy" 5680 of Kingsbridge (on rare occasions) operates on the M100. I rode it on 8/8/2015. This also goes with a few of the XD60's at the depot (also on rare occasions). I actually rode on one of them.

The M100 is well known to run artics on occasion

It should be running them always. Not just on occasion. I honestly don't understand why it's not at least an 80% artic line. They would save a lot of money by making it one because that's less drivers you have to pay to follow each other for the whole route.

Most of the route's corridors isn't really that busy during the off-peak hours considering it follows busier routes like the Bx7, M101, M60 & Bx15. It may as well just merge with another route, for all we know....

It should be running them always. Not just on occasion. I honestly don't understand why it's not at least an 80% artic line. They would save a lot of money by making it one because that's less drivers you have to pay to follow each other for the whole route.

To add-on what was said, there isn't enough artics to go around. The Bx1/2 is all artics, and even on those lines you'll see a 40' bus when an artic isn't available.

To add-on what was said, there isn't enough artics to go around. The Bx1/2 is all artics, and even on those lines you'll see a 40' bus when an artic isn't available.

I'm not understanding this. The Bronx has most of the artics and the amount of bus swapping that's done and still not enough. (Small rant). Carry on.

Aren't the 9 and 41 all artic too?

yes

I'm not understanding this. The Bronx has most of the artics and the amount of bus swapping that's done and still not enough. (Small rant). Carry on.

the shortage is due to maintenance and the age of the fleet.

Some of you have to understand when the fleet gets old they require more maintenance.

The artic depots have a large number of beese which are beyond their useful service life.

Completely understand.

My only concern is when Bronx Division maintenance doesn't take care of their buses, (in this case artics) than tend to borrow from other divisions to make score.

Now that (MTA) bus has decided to return artics back to NYCTA. I guess some of those will go to the Bronx.

Completely understand.

My only concern is when Bronx Division maintenance doesn't take care of their buses, (in this case artics) than tend to borrow from other divisions to make score.

Now that (MTA) bus has decided to return artics back to NYCTA. I guess some of those will go to the Bronx.

Half the artics that run out of the Bronx are 13+ years old. It's going to need more maintenance. The only reason the D60HF's are returning is because JFK is getting those new XD40's. That will allow the remaining 1999/2000 D60HF's to retire.