B46 +SelectBusService+

East New York

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No bus lane in front of the 77th Pct. In fact, no bus lane between St. John's Place and Bergen- northbound.

Gridlock will be felt mostly on Southbound buses.

I'm on the 46 now and there is in fact a bus lane...from Bergen to Atlantic northbound.

Quite useless for 4 blocks

I'm on the 46 now and there is in fact a bus lane...from Bergen to Atlantic northbound.

Quite useless for 4 blocks

If you ask me.. A total waste of 4 blocks.

All simply b/c of the 77th Pct. Can't wait for the confusion of the Utica riders this Sunday.

Let the eagle enforcement crew wrack up some tickets on Utica.

If you ask me.. A total waste of 4 blocks.

All simply b/c of the 77th Pct. Can't wait for the confusion of the Utica riders this Sunday.

Let the eagle enforcement crew wrack up some tickets on Utica.

They usually give a grace period before they start giving tickets.

The driver doing the first run is going to have a hard time explaining everything so good luck to whoever that is!

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Hopefully that's not the case. I'd hope most people in the area would have at least heard of a "Select Bus Service", as the B44 SBS runs parallel to it not that far away from Utica Avenue.

Hopefully that's not the case. I'd hope most people in the area would have at least heard of a "Select Bus Service", as the B44 SBS runs parallel to it not that far away from Utica Avenue.

But do they know that the SBS stops short of WBP? I believe this is the first SBS to just cleave off a chunk of its route.

There's slightly less confusion than the B44 SBS so far (I'm on the first trip north and south, which happens to be the same bus, 7314) but it's okay. I don't live in the areas to see the effect. But one person got on and got off the northbound trip pissed because it didn't go to WBP.

And the people assisting in helping the confused customers out aren't asking them where they're headed, which is leaving people pissed off as to why the bus won't stop where they're going.

Another hilarious issue is: Bus operators relief point is Fillmore Av, and there's no SBS stop there.

I say add the stop.

Plus the usual issue of "Local comes first, I already got a ticket". Drivers on the local don't know that they are supposed to cross-honor the SBS tickets.

Another hilarious issue is: Bus operators relief point is Fillmore Av, and there's no SBS stop there.

I say add the stop.

Plus the usual issue of "Local comes first, I already got a ticket". Drivers on the local don't know that they are supposed to cross-honor the SBS tickets.

Yeah, on Bustime, it lists the stop as "Non-Public, For Reliefs". They really should just have added that stop there...

Yeah, on Bustime, it lists the stop as "Non-Public, For Reliefs". They really should just have added that stop there...

it probably for depo supervisors, that where they switch drivers.

...is part of the reason why I will not be taking the SBS if I'm heading to Kings Plaza (from home).... I'll just take the 2 minute walk to the snyder av stop, wait for the local & call it a day... Not walking up to Church to have to worry about something that wasn't an issue prior, now being so....

The only real use I'll have for the new service now, is if I take the Q24 from Jamaica to the last stop & walk over to Dekalb for the B46..... Or, if I happen to catch a BM2 (where I get off at Utica).... Otherwise, it's the local for me (including when I take the B32 from Queens to WBP for the B46)....

Well this was the first business day for the new B46 SBS, and my preliminary grade for the route is a B-. There was mass confusion as thousands of people had no clue as to what was going on. At 42 minutes, I must admit it's one of the fastest trips yet from Kings Plaza to Dekalb. My southbound trips however seem to be a bit faster.

As for the B46 Local, it gets an F. The reliability has decreased severely in just as little as 3 days.... All day has been the same complaints. I was also on hand to witness them once again..... 6 SBS, 1 local, 4 SBS, 1 local, 8 SBS, 2 local.... Absolutely ridiculous. As I mentioned before this started if they did not have a good number local short turns, the reliability would decrease. All the buses are getting caught up on Broadway and its jacking the locals up in both directions.... So for all the people who need B46 local runs... Good luck with that! Someone really dropped the ball on this one, and if that schedule is not adjusted fast, there are going to be major problems, and complaints to follow.

Overall the SBS side has great potential. My favorite stops are Fulton and Eastern Parkway. No more missing 2-3 traffic lights because we are waiting to board passengers! For the local, again it was doomed from day one as I said months ago... My only question is why to this day there is still such a disconnect between Operations Planning and "The Real World?"

My only question is what to this day there is still suck a disconnect between Operations Planning and "The Real World?"

Seems to be the problem with most of the routes... I also think that local bus service on these SBS lines is purposely screwed to force people to take the SBS.  Think about it... Fewer people using the local buses means they can cut service and then see if they can get savings with the SBS trips.  I'm serious...  I've noticed a similar situation with the M15... Buses bunch terribly, and then you get a plethora of M15SBS buses and one local bus if that.  This happened years ago with the 5th Avenue and Madison Avenue lines... All you would see is limited stop buses and very few local buses. I imagine people raised hell and now you see the opposite... Mainly local buses and few limited stop buses.  I'm telling you, that's the way the (MTA) thinks, and if they don't, well their actions sure as hell say otherwise.  SBS is a backhanded way to cut local bus service.  I think the (MTA) wants to find ways to truncate routes and reduce the number of stops where possible, and SBS allows them to just that, albeit unofficially.

Well this was the first business day for the new B46 SBS, and my preliminary grade for the route is a B-. There was mass confusion as thousands of people had no clue as to what was going on. At 42 minutes, I must admit it's one of the fastest trips yet from Kings Plaza to Dekalb. My southbound trips however seem to be a bit faster.

As for the B46 Local, it gets an F. The reliability has decreased severely in just as little as 3 days.... All day has been the same complaints. I was also on hand to witness them once again..... 6 SBS, 1 local, 4 SBS, 1 local, 8 SBS, 2 local.... Absolutely ridiculous. As I mentioned before this started if they did not have a good number local short turns, the reliability would decrease. All the buses are getting caught up on Broadway and its jacking the locals up in both directions.... So for all the people who need B46 local runs... Good luck with that! Someone really dropped the ball on this one, and if that schedule is not adjusted fast, there are going to be major problems, and complaints to follow.

Overall the SBS side has great potential. My favorite stops are Fulton and Eastern Parkway. No more missing 2-3 traffic lights because we are waiting to board passengers! For the local, again it was doomed from day one as I said months ago... My only question is why to this day there is still such a disconnect between Operations Planning and "The Real World?"

Nice, sounds similar to the decline of the B44 local when SBS started. It took almost 3 months before the B44 local got the service increase it really needed, let's hope the B46 local doesn't have to wait that long. On the other hand, the M15 SBS (not local, granted) got an adjusted schedule just 3 weeks after service started. I was surprised to see DeKalb Av short-turns all gone from the local schedule. Needless to say disfiguring local service for SBS is considered an acceptable sacrifice by the MTA. 

I was at Eastern Parkway today around 5:00 and I noticed how many SBS buses came at like one time. Three southbound buses would come then 4 northbound buses would come. I think that a little too much service for me. I know it's a heavy line but it seems like overkill to me.

Archived