R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

Yeah 7822-32 are at Corona and 7211-7899-7220 came out of the barn and left the yard all together. 1776-1780-2016-2020 might be the next to depart Corona for Westchester. It sits attached as just the 10 cars a track close to the lead. The fact that no single is attached raises an eyebrow. Considering something new was just delivered to see it make it's way to the 6 wouldn't be a surprise.

2016-2020, interesting. There's a half cab at the 2016 end of that set...

EDIT: 5000th post in three and a bit years, hmm...wish it'd been a more interesting one.

Edited by MHV9218

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2016-2020, interesting. There's a half cab at the 2016 end of that set...

EDIT: 5000th post in three and a bit years, hmm...wish it'd been a more interesting one.

Even if  1776-1780 and 2016-2020 are next to come back to the (6) , Westchester Yard will convert that half cab to full width cab before putting it into service.

2016-2020 are already full width cabs. So I guess both sets of R188s are ready to run soon? what about the 142A converted set?

Thats what I want to know. With the progress made on the R188 rollout we may see new sets during January could wind up with 4 complete sets of R188s by February, in service. Unless someone reports who is close to the (7) or is in RTO and says different, I'm guessing 1 1/2 weeks, after Jan 1st to be safe for the rollout of additional 11 car sets to be introduced. Could it be before then? Possibly.

Edited by realizm

according to subchat poster Stef

R188 Recap: 7838-43 are delivered and were transferred from 239th St to Pitkin Yard Last Night. One of the SBK Locos operated as the lead loco going South.

why did they go to the pitkin yard?

for testing on the Broad Channel flats

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk

for testing on the Broad Channel flatsSent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk

They go to pitkin for final assembly And etc. Basically putting the final parts on the train like the 3rd rail shoes and etc. Then testing, then service, they also did this with all the R160s

Actually no 2016 Does not have a full width cab yet.

Oh boy,looks like the fanners will be in crowds after that RFW

Just saw R188 7823-7834 on the (7) This morning, It had its signs all set up (To times square), But no passengers as it was entering stations, So I assume they were testing it?

I passed over the Corona Yard boardwalk yesterday around 5pm. and 7811-7821 were on track 53.   Didn't see any other R188's there unless they are being stored inside.  The roll doors were all shut on the building.