R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those purple stickers under the car Numbers gotta go lol

They will go back to yellow once the swap is done , westchester want to do it in one shot. Like in 2003 Corona did not change stickers to Purple till all of the redbirds retired.

Edited by R62AR33

They will go back to yellow once the swap is done , westchester want to do it in one shot. Like in 2003 Corona did not change stickers to Purple till all of the redbirds retired.

Quick question for you railfans out there. Why should Westchester or 240th St yard have or replace any stickers on their fleets ? I can assure you that Car Equipment, Yard Dispatchers, and most train crews know which cars belong to their fleets. Sounds like a railfan's wish to me. It's a waste of time and money in my opinion. Carry on.

Quick question for you railfans out there. Why should Westchester or 240th St yard have or replace any stickers on their fleets ? I can assure you that Car Equipment, Yard Dispatchers, and most train crews know which cars belong to their fleets. Sounds like a railfan's wish to me. It's a waste of time and money in my opinion. Carry on.

Notice he's the only one going on about Westchester replacing the stickers

I hate how if I don't go onto the subway thread for a little while if I'm on a mobile device it sends me back all the way to June 2014. It's weird because I commented on this thread in September and October.

Looks like 34th street is going to have a delayed opening and on the news they made it seem like 11th Ave was built as well even though it's not. I wouldn't be surprised if the (MTA) runs all the R188's on the first day 34th street is open. The first trains might be R188's.

Edited by NewFlyer 230

I hate how if I don't go onto the subway thread for a little while if I'm on a mobile device it sends me back all the way to June 2014. It's weird because I commented on this thread in September and October.

Looks like 34th street is going to have a delayed opening and on the news they made it seem like 11th Ave was built as well even though it's not. I wouldn't be surprised if the (MTA) runs all the R188's on the first day 34th street is open. The first trains might be R188's.

You mean the second train, a R62A was the first to enter 34 Street.

You mean the second train, a R62A was the first to enter 34 Street.

No all the R188s are definitely going to be put into service to serve the new 34th street. It just looks good like that. For example let's say you have a new phone. That phone won't look as appealing in an old beat up case. So having the R188 show up at 34th street first will show how the (MTA) is working on improving service and reliablity.