R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Car assignments are already confirmed, TA employees have confirmed 32s going to the B and 32s going to the G from the J/Z. 179s will go there, to the A, and to the C.

Someone on FB is gonna have a lot to talk about. :D

Even if it doesn't happen.

Edited by GojiMet86

I wonder if the R179 will buck the way the Bombardier R142's on the (4) and (5) do?

I think the R142a's buck more especially in rainy conditions. But rarely do I ever see car consists buck unless there's some propulsion issues dead motor, rheostatic/dynamic problems and as a said before slippage. Passenger comfort is paramount from a person what's worked at a manufacturer they take it seriously.  

Edited by RailRunRob

Car assignments are already confirmed, TA employees have confirmed 32s going to the B and 32s going to the G from the J/Z. 179s will go there, to the A, and to the C.

from what i heard they're are supposed to go to the (G) during the (L) shutdown but thats still a rumor. But as for the (B) until the Montague tube issue is fixed the R32's are still banned from the (B) until further notice.

Edited by R32 3671

Smh who doesn't know Sutphin Blvd Station...

That's the upper Level.. which is a shocker for me being that the 179s would more so show up on the J before the E...

interesting to see they are testing it system wide right now

He meant how do people know where the train is, not the location in the video.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if/when it will be down here on lower 4th Avenue?