SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Brillant93 said:

I could understand why ephraimB is confused. Its not clearly graphically explained well that the Z train runs local in queens and brooklyn during rush hours and the J runs express during that time. Its also not graphically explained well that both J and Z trains skip Hewes St, Lorimer St, and Flushing avenue so they would need the M. I think what the MTA needs to do is make the Z express all the way through during rush hours and have the J run local. Instead of people getting on and probably becoming confused by the fact their J train won't stop at a "local stop". 

Most of the folks here are used to the setup. I’ve lived off the line for three years and counting.

The 34th st 6 Ave interlocking got cut over this weekend. All the "new" signals at 34th and 42nd went into service. I know theyve been bagged for 3 to 4 years already but they look fresh!

I've also noticed a trend with several new interlockings where  station time on the mid station signal(s) is explicitly displayed until they turn yellow

15 hours ago, Calvin said:

All the R142 and R142A strip maps has been upgraded. Saw 7606 on the (4) with the line darker green with add-on transfers. 

Not true. 7646-7650 are still rocking ancient maps, albeit with some sharpie'd on changes. 

On 6/4/2018 at 5:58 PM, RestrictOnTheHanger said:

The 34th st 6 Ave interlocking got cut over this weekend. All the "new" signals at 34th and 42nd went into service. I know theyve been bagged for 3 to 4 years already but they look fresh!

It's been that long? Well, it's about time - I was wondering when the new signal heads would go live ever since I spotted the ones at 34th Street last year. I thought they would be placed into service as soon as the rest of the signalling equipment was set up for their particular block.

2 hours ago, EphraimB said:

I'm talking about the official ones.

^ these are the official ones...

It honestly wouldn't kill you to just look things up yourself before asking here, a lot of the things you're asking for could easily be found after a minute of Google searching

Edited by LegoBrickBreaker101

17 hours ago, junion said:

This is something that I've noticed for a while. They have made significant strides in making the service changes more understandable, mostly by including maps for some of the more impacting service changes and explanations of why service is being changed, but the advisories still act as though each service change exists in a vacuum, which obviously is not the case. This is why I believe they need full maps that show each and every service change in effect at a given time. This way, riders know what's running where and how to get around, not just pieces of information like we see in each individual service poster.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:07 AM, EphraimB said:

I'm talking about the official ones.

While I appreciate your enthusiasm and inquisitive mind and realize your mind is full to the brim with questions, you really should do your own research before reaching out with a thousand questions. For starters, you'll likely find the answers you seek well before someone will respond to your inquiry here. Also, because I'm almost certain you're fairly young, learning that the world will not always give you all the answers to the questions you have wrapped in a pretty bow is a good life lesson.

5 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

At least one half of the 8 car "Cuomo scheme" train is back at ENY... seen it in Canarsie Yard, however its hook up to a regular 4 car 160, no idea where the other half of the Cuomo train is.

Speaking of which, would it really make a difference if half the “cuomo scheme” set ran with a regular R160 set... they don’t fold up the seats, and the cars (interiors) look no different. They’re already mixing the updated specs R160’s with the standard spec ones. For example 8521& Friends would be mixed with 8445& Friends. *8521-8524 have the new looped stanchions updated LED lights and door mats...