BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

I wonder, who is actually going to use OMNY until 2023 when the MetroCard is fully phased out? OMNY would only be available on one bus route and a few train stations. Youll basically needs your MetroCard to transfer and the SIM33 is going to have buses show up w/o OMNY installed on it.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

I wonder, who is actually going to use OMNY until 2023 when the MetroCard is fully phased out? OMNY would only be available on one bus route and a few train stations. Youll basically needs your MetroCard to transfer and the SIM33 is going to have buses show up w/o OMNY installed on it.

OMNY is going to be installed in phases just like the MetroCard was in the 90's.

4 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

OMNY is going to be installed in phases just like the MetroCard was in the 90's.

How long did it take for the metrocard to be implemented city wide? 

Also do we know if Beeline and other transit agencies will be phasing in OMNY? 

1 hour ago, Lil 57 said:

In May OMNY will be on all SI routes.

3 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Wow, I just seen a video on Youtube of Double Decker museum bus 1263 running under its own power. Yea, its was from 2010 but still, I had no idea that a bus from the 1930s was still operational as recently as 2010. I thought it was a static display that had to be towed everywhere.

Here's the video BTW:

Last time i saw one of their DDs running under its own power was back in 2016. It was heading south down the 2nd ave bus lane at 60th very very slowly..

22 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

Note to SI LTD bus riders

Don't expect to see any LTD service running tommorow, save the S89 and S93. The snowstorm has made SI give alot of their LFS buses to Manhattan. This will make a shortage of buses for tommorow which would ultimately lead to the (MTA) cancelling LTD service.

22 hours ago, trife86 said:

LTD gets cancelled in bad weather anyway

Most LTD’s ran this morning.

4 hours ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Most LTD’s ran this morning.

Not in SI, maybe they put up the wrong signs by accident but all limiteds were instructed to make all local stops (minus the 93 and 89 of course) from at least 0430hrs and still on going.

46 minutes ago, trife86 said:

Not in SI, maybe they put up the wrong signs by accident but all limiteds were instructed to make all local stops (minus the 93 and 89 of course) from at least 0430hrs and still on going.

You sure? I did see some SI LTD’s on bustime, unless the wrong signs were put up like you suggested.

24 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

My dad took an S94 to work so they were running.

You can say it was running if you want, but it was making all local stops hence it's running as a regular 44

Even says it on the MTA website if you want to look

"
All borough limited buses are making local stops in both directions because of inclement weather. "

This happens every year.

Edited by trife86

3 minutes ago, trife86 said:

You can say it was running if you want, but it was making all local stops hence it's running as a regular 44

Even says it on the MTA website if you want to look

"
All borough limited buses are making local stops in both directions because of inclement weather. "

This happens every year.

He said it was quick, maybe people were stepping aside at local stops, thinking that it wasn't going to stop and people on the bus only pulled the coard at LTD stops, thinking that it was a true LTD.

5 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

He said it was quick, maybe people were stepping aside at local stops, thinking that it wasn't going to stop and people on the bus only pulled the coard at LTD stops, thinking that it was a true LTD.

Very possible.  Not many people were out this morning anyway 

14 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

How come theres no layover point for M60 SBS drivers at LGA?

Because there isn’t an effective location for the buses to layover at LGA. A bus would have to go to every terminal to drop people off and then go back and go to every terminal again to pick people up. That would take too much time especially with LGA traffic. Additionally if they did have a layover point midway through the airport everyone would board at the earlier terminal to only be kicked off at the next stop for who know how long.

2 minutes ago, Calvin said:

I don't know when this first started: I noticed that the Q22 today has a trip from Far Rock. to the  B.116 St Station by the ferry with another one behind to the Marine Pkwy Bridge point. 

It's slowly been like this for almost a year or so. Most Q22's now go to 116 due to service changes likely to save money.

18 hours ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

It's slowly been like this for almost a year or so. Most Q22's now go to 116 due to service changes likely to save money.

How's Q22 service overall during the (week) day now that most service been scaled back to 116th? Do you find that buses are arriving more promptly? Are they still coming in bunches of... 22? :lol:

Edited by B35 via Church